“HORRIBLE!!!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE 191st Street
Reviewed 22 March 2014

the worst food ever!!! will never go back!!!!

just left so disgusted, the lasagna was flatter than the eggplant parmigiana, when questioned, was told the cheese in the middle must have melted out, what??? the lasagna had no layers, except some ground beef slapped on a plate, come noodles and unmelted slices of mozzarella cheese. the chicken and eggplant also had the slices of cheese that was not melted all the way so you can clearly see the slices.

after the horrible dinner, ordered the tiramisu, only to be told they didn't have any tonight. are you kidding!!! what italian restaurant doesn't have tiramisu that is offered on their own menu.

definitely was a nightmare!!!

beware!!!!

Michael M, Owner at Luca Bella Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

My name is Mickey and I'm an the owner operator of Luca Bella. In fact, I was the person you spoke with Saturday evening.

I sincerely apologize you didn't enjoy your lasangna. It is a marscapone meat lasangna and is a bit different from what some are used too. I would have been more than willing to prepare something else as I stated when we spoke at the table. You asked for me to add cheese so that what we did. We probably should have made you something else, I should have insisted.

Further, I was unaware you had any issues with any other dishes. As you know, I can only address what is brought to my attention. Nothing more was said so I humbly offer you another dinner on the house as a friendly gesture.

Unfortunately, we sold out of Tiramesu that night. We had a large party order 30 pieces. It is very good and I would love you to try it.

This is a small family owned restaurant and we live on our reviews, our regulars and especially how we handle Customer satisfaction. That's why I hope you accept my offer and give it another try.

My direct email is michael@lucabella.net
My cell is 516-567-3904

I would love the opportunity to correct this situation.

Respectfully
Mickey

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I visit the Miami, Fl fairly often to see my daughter and her family. We try to dine at Luca Bella at least one evening while I am there. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is wanderful. The wait staff is very attentive without being overbearing. The owner is usually there and socializes with his guests. Children and babies are welcomed which is very refreshing for an upscale restaurant.

Michael M, Owner at Luca Bella Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words.

My team and I are so proud to be the place were families come together.
Please introduce yourself next time your in.
I look forward to seeing you soon.

-Mickey

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Went on a recommendation from a friend and was not disappointed. Gene was our server and since it was our first time dining there he explained the menu and suggested what to order. We were 5 and shared a pasta dish that had an amazing sauce as well as two different veal dishes - the Parmesan and Luca. The Luca had eggplant, cheese and sauce and was incredible. Two shared the chicken Parmesan and thought it was some of the best they'd had. We shared a Napoleon for dessert which was delicious and plenty for the table. Truly an enjoyable meal. We'll look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

In perusing Trip Advisor for a restaurant near the Adventura Arts & Cultural , we were fortunate to find Luca Bella in the NE corner of the Adventura Mall (near Publix.) We explained our time constraints as our party of twelve had tickets for an 8pm show, and chef/owner Mickey assigned the very friendly & competent Ashley, to serve only our table. We were off to a great start with chef Mickey's recommendation of a fresh mozzarella appetizer, which he actually made at our table and was better than had on a recent trip to Italy! Served family style by our excellent waitress with a small stack of tomatoe, fresh basil & sliced red onion drizzled with a balsamic reduction, this absolutely became a quick favorite among our group! Along with 2 full size platters of tender, fried calamari served with a sweet tomatoe sauce and a lovely salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, goat cheese & cranberries with a delicious dressing we knew we could look forward to some excellent entrees. Ten of us decided to share our meals family style while one couple ordered fish entrees - no proplem- all were served at the same time with ours being platted by an excellent staff. Chicken parmesan, veal Luca, rigatoni with broccoli rabe & sausage and gnocchi in meat sauce were enjoyed by all. Unfortunately, we had to skip dessert to get to the show ( not nearly as enjoyable as our dinner!) Our dining experience at Luca Bella has us all in agreement to make the 1/2 hr drive from Pompano Beach to leisurely partake of it's culinary delights again before we head back North. I have a feeling this will be a sure sop each year for our group of snowbirds. Oh, Did I mention the delicious drinks at happy hour??

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Went to Luca Bella today arriving just before 5pm when they open. Happy Hour 5-6. Walked inside since the door was open & sat in the waiting area. We were totally ignored by ALL staff. No one greeted us even to say that they would be able to take care of us shortly. We waited until AFTER 5 and they even started a staff meeting. Still not a single person said anything to us. We were looking forward to trying this restaurant since it was recommended by Tripadvisor and we were in the area. Luca Bella you lost a potential customer because I feel you prejudged us and were not dressed in our finest. We will not return!

Tony2717, Owner at Luca Bella Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Hello Lorriane,

My name is Mickey and I own and operate Luca Bella in Aventura. I apologize that my staff didn't see you waiting to be seated on Sunday evening. I know personally how frustrating that can be.

I came in on Sunday at 6pm but I recall seeing two people waiting in the lobby while watching the cameras from my home before I left.
I can only guess that no one noticed you as it's off to the side or perhaps they did see you and thought you were waiting for others to arrive as often happens before approaching the podium or bar. I'm only guessing at the reason as we live on our reputation for being friendly and gregarious to anyone that comes thru our doors. We are a causal, neighborhood restaurant and would not judge a new guest based on appearance. We strive to please all our guests and I take every situation like this as an opportunity to demonstrate my commitment to making things right.

Please accept my offer of a gift card as an apology. I want you to make it past the front door and try our fabulous food and excellent service.

Please contact me directly to make arrangements. See my contact info below.

I look forward to speaking with you soon. I cannot change the past but I can make sure we have a better future.

Thanks