“Always a very good experience”
Review of Pilar Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Pilar Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ives Dairy Road
Description: Pilar is a gourmet American bistro in the heart of Aventura. We present a variety of dishes using locally sourced and sustainable ingredients whenever possible. Pilar's menu offers a wide range of exciting choices delivered daily like Scottish Salmon and Yellowtail Snapper to succulent scallops, shrimp and Pilar's famous filet mignon, burgers, and brisket for the meat eaters all paired with unique, savory flavors. Pilar also features risottos, a variety of meats, pastas, vegetarian options and seasonal daily daily specials. The bar at Pilar is contemporary with a neighborhood vibe offering premium cocktails, craft beers, wines and a daily happy hour from 4-7pm and 9:30pm till close. Awarded "Best Value" in "Bon Appetite" magazine , Pilar remains a place where you can eat "great food at even greater prices". There is something for everyone to enjoy at Pilar!
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After being here many times with family and friends, Ican say that always we have good service, the food is always good, and they have good choices of wine

Reviewed 13 September 2013

The food is excellent, this is a fish lover paradise! The meat is also excellent.
We ordered the salmon and the scallops and were cooked to perfection, as well as skirt steak. We loved the Shrimp Spring Rolls!
Reasonable prices for a sophisticated dinner and very good quality of food.
The only downside was the restrooms... not as clean as expected for a fine restaurant (men and women same situation).
A place to recommend!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Surviving over ten years in the restaurant business is a good accomplishment so I thought I would try Pilar. The PEI mussels were shriveled as if they were made from frozen mussels or pre-cooked. The tuna tartare served two ways was not prepared professionally, it was not chopped through, pieces were stringy. The shrimp spring rolls were very greasy as if the were cooked in old oil that was not heated to the proper temperature. The snapper was ok. Maybe the chef was not there, but I'm hesitant to try I again.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Wanted to treat my hosts to dinner and didn't want to go far. This is the third time I've been there over the years and it's always a good choice. This time I had the Shrimp Spring Rolls (delicious) and Seared Scallops. Others at our table had the Yellowtail Snapper and one of the steaks (can't remember which). No food was left behind. It's a little pricey but worth it. The only surprise was one of us ordered a Bloody Mary and they couldn't do it - out of mix. Staff is friendly, it was early on a weekday so it wasn't crowded. I wouldn't mind going every time I visit.

1  Thank zenarmour
Reviewed 4 April 2013

While visiting South Florida we decided to dine at the restaurant. Everything we ordered was wonderful. 5 of us in total for dinner. This is what we enjoyed for the evening: Roasted Beet Salad, Flash Fried Fresh Calamari, Shrimp Spring Rolls, Yellowfin Tuna Two Ways (unanimous favorite), Seared Scallops, Grilled Mahi Mahi, Grilled Yellowfin Tuna Steak (favorite), and had a chocolate desert which the name has escaped my mind. Everyone was extremely pleased and went away completely full!!!! Give it a try...you won't be disappointed.