“Great Food and Great Service”
Review of Bella Luna

Bella Luna
Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Aventura
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Aventura, Florida
“Great Food and Great Service”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place is tough to beat if you are in the mood for Italian food. Friendly folks with the right combination of nice atmosphere, well-prepared food and professional friendly service.
Huge portions served family style. I have been there several times and have never been disappointed.

Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
florida
“JUst nice and convenient. Terrible food and extremely expensive for what they serve you. Not quality.”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Definitely a restaurant I would never go back. Many more and better options. Lack of service. Water only if we asked. The waiter tried but wasn't good. We told her my daughter didn't eat the pasta because it was salty... She took it and charged it anyway. Then they brought the bill with a 18% tip included, we were only four.
We ordered capresse salad.. Not a great choice .. The meat carpaccio (the cheese was the only thing good) the tomato was bad. Definitely, was not a good bite w/ any of the plates.

• Visited November 2013
Caracas, Venezuela
“Average Italian”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a very busy, noisy and boisterous Italian restaurant located inside the Aventura mall.
The menu carries a variety of pastas and standard Italian dishes.
Service was courteous and fast but with certain shortcomings such as missing silverware, plates and glasses for some of the guests.
For the most part, the pastas were mushy, overcooked and tasteless. Had to send back my spaghetti vongole (with clams) since it was drowned in broth and garlic, only to be returned cold and tasteless; finally gave up and discarded the dish, it was simply uneatable. The other guests did not fare any better with their pastas but they had a bit of better luck with the veal dishes.

Visited October 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“All scams that restaurants use to steal clients in the same place”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

A pleasant restaurant, but an every day lunch for 2 without dessert, without wine cost us U$100.

Description of the blow:

I felt like eating fish . The menu had 3 fish dishes and both were priced 22.95 . I was determined by one of them when the waitress suggested, "we have a today's special trout which is great ." I accepted the recommendation. The dish was ok not to say mediocre, very small . When the bill came , I realized that trout cost more than $ 50.

I understand that I should have asked the price , but from my experience of traveller (and then I checked it with a couple of Americans) , the price of daily specials often regulate with normal menu dishes. Or, as a friend from Madison WI told me, specials should be cheaper because it means they were bought in bulk .

2nd act. My wife ordered a pina colada - and did not like , but that's okay . When she finished , the waitress brought another . My wife said she had not asked the second and the waitress insisted , " you asked , will have to pay ." We did not pay but the embarrassment was big.

Now, the worst of all: the cynical smile of joy from the waitress when I complained the price of trout. " you did not ask the price, now you pay (hahaha smile!)." For me it was the official recognition that the restaurant is a trap .

By the way: food was mediocre.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GustavoSette
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Our regular top favorite Italian restaurant in Aventura”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

During our recent stay in Aventura we visited again, several times, our favorite Italian restaurant Bella Luna. The staff and the management is excellent and super friendly. The food is of a high quality for such a busy and informal restaurant. We never were let down. The prices are very friendly, good portions and very taste food.
Unfortunately, as we come there regular, the menu is not changed that often, so all very predictable. But still, we will come back as we always enjoy the ambiance, the buzz, the food and the service.

• Visited September 2013