“Very Good Barbecue”

JD's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #5 of 132 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 August 2015

The atmosphere is good and the place is very clean. The food is awesome - specially the kids meals. I think its a lot for a kid and my kids definitely enjoyed all of it.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

In the area for a baseball tournament. We are From eastern NC so We wanted to try some Georgia Que. I was pleasantly surprised. Pulled pork with a sweet/tangy sauce. Excellent sides and really enjoyed the brunswick stew. I got the two meat combo and the ribs were very good! Really liked the atmosphere and service was excellent.

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

We stopped by JD's Bar-B-Que on the way home from vacation and I'm glad we did! The food and service were both excellent. A hidden gem, not to be missed.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Came in for the bbq and loved the fried green tomatoes! Excellent three meat platter. The grilled corn was a great twist. A great location on Main St helping to keep Acworth going.

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

On a recent trip to visit family, it was recommended we visit JDs BBQ and I am certainly glad we did. We showed up at about 5:00 on the Fourth of July and our party of eight, including an electric chair were seated as soon as the set the table for our larger than normal group. Our party ordered a variety of dishes from the pork sandwich, to loaded baked potato, including brisket and ribs. The brisket I had was so sumptuous. Melt in you mouth, with that sweet BBQ sauce. Oh, yummmmm! For my two sides I had the fried corn ( yes, literally fried, on the cob, corn) and Onion Rings that were battered and fried, and crispy till the very last bite.
There are actually two locations. The one we visited was an old schoolhouse, so there appeared to be three separate rooms with tables in them, in addition to outdoor patio seating.
My only caution would be their sweet tea. Sweet being the operative word. Hold down your hat, because when they say sweet, there is no denying, it's really sweet.
The staff were extremely courteous and they all seemed to work together, helping one another out.
Great place to visit and hope to come against, when we next visit our family.