“RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Acworth
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I don't even know where to start to tell you how horrible this hotel is. One of the owner was to busy trying to flirt & staring at my boobs instead of providing customer service. In my room the sheets & comforter was full of cigarette burns I used my traveling blanket instead. While watching tv the wall picture fall on me to my suprise it was hung up with "TAPE" instead of nails RIDICULOUS the bathroom towel rack was falling down. Housekeeping never showed up to bring towels I also had to take the trash to the dumpster located down the street. I was in the bathroom when the owner tapped lightly then let himself in. The cops were called since another guest had there belonging stolen. One night of this was all I needed, I wouldn't recommended ANYONE STAY HERE ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN....RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN LIKE I DID WISH I WOULD'VE READ THE REVIEWS FIRST.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank DollBaby29
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My stay would have been a disaster if not for Agnelo, who is usually on duty between 7am-4pm. I initially made the booking with Orbitz, but when I arrived (10 pm) was told the charge had not gone through, so I needed to give my credit card in order to stay. After check-in, I made use of the free Wifi and discovered I had been double charged. Of course I went to the front desk but they said it was not within their power to fix it. Room was so-so... not great, but wasn't really expecting much else for the price, seemed okay for a quick night's sleep.

I requested a wake-up call, double-checked they had it recorded it correctly, and went to sleep. I woke up sometime later... AFTER the specified time -- no wake-up call! Could have been disastrous, but fortunately things ended up okay.

Later that afternoon I stopped by to complain and spoke with Agnelo, the main manager on duty between 7am-4pm. He apologized profusely and corrected the double charge. He said that I was not the first to complain about the wake-up call not being given... they really should take action about this issue. He also said to call him directly at the hotel next time to get a cheaper rate than any of the online booking sites.

Agnelo is really a great manager, if only the others could be like him!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. We found the hotel to be reasonably clean, wi-fi to be better than many; road noise was not bad considering the location. There was continental breakfast available, but we went to the nearby Waffle House. We did hear people outside, upstairs, and next door at some times. But it was not constant or objectionable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank EttersGirl
Reviewed 5 February 2011

we stayed there for a couple weeks and the owner would just walk into our room when we r sleeping or gone out he would ask the people that called us who they were ask us to find a female that would come stay with him in the office for money he would call our room and ask us to call our friends and ask them to come and sleep with him for money he makes his staff live there so he wont have to pay them and if they move out he will fire them the police r watchin the motel cuz he rents to druge deallers and prositutes his mantince men smoke crack and steals proptey from geust out of their rooms while they r away and sells it to the doallar store across the street STAY AWAY FROM THERE!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank keeshaalexander
Reviewed 1 December 2010

This motel is simply nasty. When we walked in our room it was a disaster. The carpet had spots every where and the room smelled like mildew. When my son opened the bathroom the bathroom had mildew and stains on the floor. Also, around 2 am we heard a knock on our door and we look through the peek hole and it was a drug dealer. In the morning the breakfast was below average and the only thing good about this motel was the location, right off of i-75.
Again this motel was dirty and not recommendable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jamieglendale
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I've stayed at this Econo Lodge twice now, and it is a suitable inexpensive motel convenient to I-75.

It has the five things I look for in a budget motel -- cleanliness, cable TV, air-conditioning that works, wireless Internet that works, and a shower with some pressure. This place meets all of those expectations. Also, breakfast is available, although I did not partake.

It is far enough off the highway that road noise is not a problem. It also has a Waffle House, a Zaxby's, a CVS and a Publix adjacent to the property, and a McDonald's and a Wendy's across the street.

For under $50 a night (I had a discount code), you can't do much better.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acworth
Super 8 Acworth/Atlanta Area
Holiday Inn Express Kennesaw NE - Acworth
Red Roof Inn Kennesaw
Red Roof Inn Kennesaw
#18 of 30 in Kennesaw

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!