“suprised”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Acworth
Johnson City, Tennessee
“suprised”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I wasn't expecting much from an econo lodge, and was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, with new carpet and a nice bed. The bathroom was very clean. My only negatives from the room were the fact that the table, chairs, and dresser were VERY worn. I didn't eat breakfast or spend anytime in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Price was right and you get what you pay for. There was no: toiletries, radio, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, kleenex, pen, paper. The room was supposed to be no smoking but we could smell smoke every time we walked in. The ice machine room was moldy. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Acworth hotels

Michigan
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Oh my, was tired and hot and sick of sitting in a car. The econo lodge looked like a great place to stop. It was cheaper to book online...when you call the front desk they upcharge by $15 per night. Also, yes the bedding had cigarette burns. Want to stay up all night to babies crying out on the balcony? Stay here. Want to worry about your car being busted into? Stay here. Want to listen to trashy people smoking cigarettes outside your door? Stay here. I requested a room toward the back of the hotel to avoid 'the locals' hanging outside on their balcony and I was denied. I am a total cheapie motel stay, and I've been in some pretty rough situations, but I would go back to the motel 6 in Marietta before recommending this place. The only bonus? Decent wifi.

Room Tip: Keep looking! WIthin 15 minutes in any direction you'll find something more comfortable, worth y...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank mascaroc
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I don't even know where to start to tell you how horrible this hotel is. One of the owner was to busy trying to flirt & staring at my boobs instead of providing customer service. In my room the sheets & comforter was full of cigarette burns I used my traveling blanket instead. While watching tv the wall picture fall on me to my suprise it was hung up with "TAPE" instead of nails RIDICULOUS the bathroom towel rack was falling down. Housekeeping never showed up to bring towels I also had to take the trash to the dumpster located down the street. I was in the bathroom when the owner tapped lightly then let himself in. The cops were called since another guest had there belonging stolen. One night of this was all I needed, I wouldn't recommended ANYONE STAY HERE ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN....RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN LIKE I DID WISH I WOULD'VE READ THE REVIEWS FIRST.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank DollBaby29
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My stay would have been a disaster if not for Agnelo, who is usually on duty between 7am-4pm. I initially made the booking with Orbitz, but when I arrived (10 pm) was told the charge had not gone through, so I needed to give my credit card in order to stay. After check-in, I made use of the free Wifi and discovered I had been double charged. Of course I went to the front desk but they said it was not within their power to fix it. Room was so-so... not great, but wasn't really expecting much else for the price, seemed okay for a quick night's sleep.

I requested a wake-up call, double-checked they had it recorded it correctly, and went to sleep. I woke up sometime later... AFTER the specified time -- no wake-up call! Could have been disastrous, but fortunately things ended up okay.

Later that afternoon I stopped by to complain and spoke with Agnelo, the main manager on duty between 7am-4pm. He apologized profusely and corrected the double charge. He said that I was not the first to complain about the wake-up call not being given... they really should take action about this issue. He also said to call him directly at the hotel next time to get a cheaper rate than any of the online booking sites.

Agnelo is really a great manager, if only the others could be like him!

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. We found the hotel to be reasonably clean, wi-fi to be better than many; road noise was not bad considering the location. There was continental breakfast available, but we went to the nearby Waffle House. We did hear people outside, upstairs, and next door at some times. But it was not constant or objectionable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank EttersGirl
acworth
Reviewed 5 February 2011

we stayed there for a couple weeks and the owner would just walk into our room when we r sleeping or gone out he would ask the people that called us who they were ask us to find a female that would come stay with him in the office for money he would call our room and ask us to call our friends and ask them to come and sleep with him for money he makes his staff live there so he wont have to pay them and if they move out he will fire them the police r watchin the motel cuz he rents to druge deallers and prositutes his mantince men smoke crack and steals proptey from geust out of their rooms while they r away and sells it to the doallar store across the street STAY AWAY FROM THERE!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank keeshaalexander
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acworth
Super 8 Acworth/Atlanta Area
Americas Best Value Inn of Acworth/Kennesaw
Atlanta Acworth Fairfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Kennesaw NE - Acworth
Red Roof Inn Acworth
Red Roof Inn Acworth
#9 of 10 in Acworth
Sleep Inn and Suites Kennesaw

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!