“I Had A Great Stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Acworth
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Econo Lodge of Acworth, GA. I was there on business for just one night. I was given a nice room by a nice attendant. The room was clean and free of odors. The beds were comfortable. Everything worked well. I would say that one of the biggest advantages this property has is the fact that it is right in the middle of several restaurants and shopping options, many within short walking distance: Zaxby's, CVS etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Okie dokie, I had driven about 14hrs. This place did give me the option to stay till 3pm, but after I got to my room that was not happening. I FOUND DEAD ROACHES ALL OVER MY ROOM, ALL OVER BOTH BEDS, AND IN ALL OF THE FURNITURE! THE MANAGER HAD EXPLAINED THAT THIS WAS BECAUSE THE ROOM WAS RECENTLY POISONED AND THEY COULDN'T CONTROL WHERE THE BUGS DIED. BUGS ON MY PILLOWS, BUGS AROUND THE TOILET, AND BUGS ALL OVER THE BATHROOM FLOOR. If they knew this room was just gassed why put me in it? The sheets were dingy and wreaked of other human. The 1 pillow w/o a roach did have another person's head impression in it. Very filthy. Very traumatic experience. I have pics and can be contacted at defensiveend75@yahoo.com if anyone wants photos. Go to a different hotel, you will not rest in this one. I think it's meant for homeless people looking for a shelter. Had to fumigate my belongings before unpacking. Not worth the few bucks saved. VERY NASTY PLACE, ABANDONED HOMES ARE BETTER THAN THIS DUMP. PLEASE LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND DON'T SUFFER YOURSELF!!! THIS PLACE HAS LIFETIME RESIDENTS AND THEY ARE EXTREMELY FILTHY, AND EAGER TO CHAT. BE SMART AND DON'T ENGAGE THEM, THEY'LL PROBABLY STEAL YOUR STUFF!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I wasn't expecting much from an econo lodge, and was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, with new carpet and a nice bed. The bathroom was very clean. My only negatives from the room were the fact that the table, chairs, and dresser were VERY worn. I didn't eat breakfast or spend anytime in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Price was right and you get what you pay for. There was no: toiletries, radio, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, kleenex, pen, paper. The room was supposed to be no smoking but we could smell smoke every time we walked in. The ice machine room was moldy. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Oh my, was tired and hot and sick of sitting in a car. The econo lodge looked like a great place to stop. It was cheaper to book online...when you call the front desk they upcharge by $15 per night. Also, yes the bedding had cigarette burns. Want to stay up all night to babies crying out on the balcony? Stay here. Want to worry about your car being busted into? Stay here. Want to listen to trashy people smoking cigarettes outside your door? Stay here. I requested a room toward the back of the hotel to avoid 'the locals' hanging outside on their balcony and I was denied. I am a total cheapie motel stay, and I've been in some pretty rough situations, but I would go back to the motel 6 in Marietta before recommending this place. The only bonus? Decent wifi.

Room Tip: Keep looking! WIthin 15 minutes in any direction you'll find something more comfortable, worth y...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank mascaroc
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I don't even know where to start to tell you how horrible this hotel is. One of the owner was to busy trying to flirt & staring at my boobs instead of providing customer service. In my room the sheets & comforter was full of cigarette burns I used my traveling blanket instead. While watching tv the wall picture fall on me to my suprise it was hung up with "TAPE" instead of nails RIDICULOUS the bathroom towel rack was falling down. Housekeeping never showed up to bring towels I also had to take the trash to the dumpster located down the street. I was in the bathroom when the owner tapped lightly then let himself in. The cops were called since another guest had there belonging stolen. One night of this was all I needed, I wouldn't recommended ANYONE STAY HERE ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN....RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN LIKE I DID WISH I WOULD'VE READ THE REVIEWS FIRST.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank DollBaby29
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My stay would have been a disaster if not for Agnelo, who is usually on duty between 7am-4pm. I initially made the booking with Orbitz, but when I arrived (10 pm) was told the charge had not gone through, so I needed to give my credit card in order to stay. After check-in, I made use of the free Wifi and discovered I had been double charged. Of course I went to the front desk but they said it was not within their power to fix it. Room was so-so... not great, but wasn't really expecting much else for the price, seemed okay for a quick night's sleep.

I requested a wake-up call, double-checked they had it recorded it correctly, and went to sleep. I woke up sometime later... AFTER the specified time -- no wake-up call! Could have been disastrous, but fortunately things ended up okay.

Later that afternoon I stopped by to complain and spoke with Agnelo, the main manager on duty between 7am-4pm. He apologized profusely and corrected the double charge. He said that I was not the first to complain about the wake-up call not being given... they really should take action about this issue. He also said to call him directly at the hotel next time to get a cheaper rate than any of the online booking sites.

Agnelo is really a great manager, if only the others could be like him!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acworth
Super 8 Acworth/Atlanta Area
Holiday Inn Express Kennesaw NE - Acworth
Red Roof Inn Kennesaw
Red Roof Inn Kennesaw
#18 of 30 in Kennesaw

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!