“Late night arrivals beware”

La Quinta Inn Acworth
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Acworth
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this hotel for an employee that was making the drive from FL to MI. I booked the room online, and used La Quinta's reward points. The employee arrived at the hotel at 3:27am, and had been marked as a "no-show", and there is apparently no way to fix this. So we lost the points and were charged for the room.
I've spoken to the hotel about this twice, and they have offered me no flexibility, or any help in this matter. They claim if a guest has not checked in by their 2am night audit, they mark the reservation as a no show.
This would be fine, and I would have NO issues with this policy. . .if it were stated ANYWHERE on the reservation, the hotel web page, or anywhere else. There is NOTHING about this arbitrary policy stated anywhere. I book hotel rooms all over the US, and I understand that independently owned franchise locations are pretty much allowed to make up whatever policies they want, and if the price is right, I'm willing to work within those boundaries, but they need to be stated.
I've also never encountered a hotel SO unwilling to work with a guest. Never again.

Room Tip: if you may be arriving late at night, choose another property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mindy F

Reviewed 15 March 2014

LaQuinta in Acworth GA is the best hotel. We have ever stayed in others in the area. Lane was most friendly and professional. Lane went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. We have never been treated so well, or with the professionalism Lane provided. If you have a chance to stay in this hotel, do so, if no more than the pleasure of meeting Lane. Any negative comments from any other guest are ridiculous. The place is clean and friendly. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping and breakfast lady were just delightful. Kudos to this fine establishment. Lane and Courtney are GREAT!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William J
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Reserved a room at this hotel about 2 weeks ago for 2 Double Beds.....received an email confirmation for the 2 Double Bed room from LaQuinta.....got to the hotel last night at 8:30 PM after travelling from FL and was given 1 King bed.....went back to LANE to explain I had reserved a double room...he said the King room was the ONLY room they had left..... when I tried to show him the printed confirmation of 2 Double Beds, he told me "it did not matter what that paper said, his computer showed I reserved 1 King Bed".....I told him that would not accommodate my family, and LANE said "Would you like to check out then?"......LANE was the rudest person I have ever encountered in the service industry......when I asked him to write down his name and the name of this supervisor, he said "YOU do it - my name is on my badge - my bosses name is on the wall over there"........so here we were, 400 miles away from home with no room, even though I had confirmation paperwork to verify otherwise.....someone else was obviously given our room......it was a horrible end to what was suppose to be a relaxing vacation.......

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn Express next door.....they know what REAL customer service is.....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Looking for an enjoyable weekend with friends in Acworth, we chose the La Quinta. There are three hotels side by side. The La Quinta had the best ratings of the three. One great reason was the affordable price. They also have a remarkable breakfast for a hotel on the smallish side. My first room had AC problems. No problem, we moved to the room next door. NIce decor. Comfortable bed. However, the bathroom floor had not been mopped for a while. Swept mind you, but not mopped. I moistened a towel to get up a small bit of hair that had fallen on the floor and the towel came up black as coal. I'd stay again but...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 70Craig
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Clean good place to stay. My husband and I were very tired and we got a Jacuzzi room. It was very clean , the tub was stain free. I was very impressed with the bed- white sheets very crisp and clean, mattress was just right. The morning breakfast was much better than the usual. All carpets were clean no stains in the hallways

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel has a great staff and the location is great if you are working in the north side of Atlanta. Great rooms, a real breakfast, and good food close by. Thanks to Pinky for the early check in.
Avoid I 75 from 7-9 am at all costs. Hiwy 41 as an salt.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acworth
0 mi away
#9 of 10 in Acworth
Hampton Inn Emerson LakePoint
Super 8 Acworth/Atlanta Area
Sleep Inn and Suites Kennesaw

Been to La Quinta Inn Acworth? Share your experiences!