My wife and I stayed 3 nights- 4 days as a get-away. This resort has enormous potential...but just potential at this point. We had a lovely cottage and extremely comfortable. However, the staff is not properly trained although they try. It is very apparent they lack effective management. We tried several times to have trash picked up from our deck, but in three days no one came as promised.
Regrettably, the dining although in a wonderful environment, was very disappointing. Food quality was fair. Wine offerings were good.
We ate in the "ruins", a marvelous location offering a quaint personal setting with a fireplace. The setting was delightful with a very attentive, albeit somewhat inexperienced, waiter. The Food and Beverage manager was supposed to light a fire in the fireplace as part of the "ambience" offered with dinner. He showed up once, the fire never did take, and he never came back.
It may be the resort caters more to golfers (nice golf course) and in fact seems to have a membership component to the golf club.
Regrettably, guests will be disappointed, unless there to play golf and not concerned about staff service and fine dining,
All this said, it's a great environment wih fabulous potential. First improvement would be a good chef. We really hope the owners take advantage of this very lovely place and bring the resort to the standards it deserves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 miles north of Atlanta, Barnsley Resort welcomes guests into a storybook setting enhanced by genuine Southern hospitality. Encompassing 3,300 acres, the historic Barnsley Gardens offers a unique experience. Accommodations at Barnsley Resort are located within 36 unique guest cottages inspired by the architecture of Andrew Jackson Downing. There are 90 guest rooms and suites, or you may also reserve an entire cottage. Whether looking for a relaxing getaway weekend, strategic meeting or an elegant wedding, guests will discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include regionally inspired dining, a boutique spa, and exciting recreational choices such as world-class golf,horseback riding, hiking, biking, paintball, tennis, barnyard visits and more. SpringBank Sporting Club offers a 26 station sporting clays course and upland bird hunting at SpringBank Plantation. Guests may also visit the iconic 19th century manor house ruins and historic gardens of the original Barnsley home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Barnsley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Resort