My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in late Feb. It was absolutely wonderful and relaxing. We went to the spa fri and sat. Both treatments we had were great. We ate at The Rice House both nights. The food was tasty and worth the price. Yes, expensive but we expected that. Sat night was esp. busy. While waiting for our food we were brought fried lobster for an appetizer. The wait staff and manager were extremely hospitable. We hiked both sat and sun mornings for 2 hrs give or take. So peaceful and not difficult. The ruins of the old Barnsley mansion were 'cool'. They were setting up for a wedding and I would definitely consider having my wedding here(if I wasn't married)very eclectic and one of a kind. We were told the resort was at 98% capacity sat night. It didn't feel like it at all!! There were people around but we had space, a lot of space. We had lunch twice at the beer gardens. Good sandwiches and nice to enjoy the weather outside. Jean made our stay!! He was always bringing wood for the fire pits outside and wood for the fireplace in our room. Ask Jean and you shall receive. The golf course is very well maintained. My husband is a golfer and stated he will be coming back to play!! If you truly want to get away, this is the place. We will be going back, probably this year. I do think children and teens would enjoy the resort as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 miles north of Atlanta, Barnsley Resort welcomes guests into a storybook setting enhanced by genuine Southern hospitality. Encompassing 3,300 acres, the historic Barnsley Gardens offers a unique experience. Accommodations at Barnsley Resort are located within 36 unique guest cottages inspired by the architecture of Andrew Jackson Downing. There are 90 guest rooms and suites, or you may also reserve an entire cottage. Whether looking for a relaxing getaway weekend, strategic meeting or an elegant wedding, guests will discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include regionally inspired dining, a boutique spa, and exciting recreational choices such as world-class golf,horseback riding, hiking, biking, paintball, tennis, barnyard visits and more. SpringBank Sporting Club offers a 26 station sporting clays course and upland bird hunting at SpringBank Plantation. Guests may also visit the iconic 19th century manor house ruins and historic gardens of the original Barnsley home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Barnsley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Resort