“Fantastic Get-Away”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Adairsville
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Fantastic Get-Away”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Barnsley Gardens is an absolute gem of a property. Dog friendly, kid friendly, or just a great place to get away. Fantastic food and great service in a beautiful location. Golf, sporting clays, gardens, this is a wonderful place to relax!

Room Tip: Suites are sweet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cigarjim_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

i just spent 3 nights here for a wedding. everyone had the absolute best time of their lives. i played golf 3 times while there because the course was exceptional. the staff was super attentive and respectful as well. A+ all around.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brent S
Indiana
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am amazed by this hidden Gem! Staff and accommodations were completely above all expectations! I was impressed from the start! Earl at the gate was overwhelmingly hospitable! Great check in experience and we were taken to the owners cottage which was the Fugger
and our driver/bellman showed us all the amenities of the cabin. The restaurant and beer garden were amazing.. I could go on and on..... I can't rave enough! STAY HERE IF YOU GET THE CHANCE!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Btownboy
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a blast on the Barnsley Gardens grounds for a wedding weekend. Rented a cabin with a few other couples and enjoyed the terrific weather. The food at the restaurants was great. It would have been nice to have a little more time or to have had a few more folks there. Pretty scenery.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt B
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure. While I did not get to stay as long as I would have liked I experienced enough to want to go back. I visited recently for a business meeting. I had traveled a number of hours from Phoenix and arrived at the hotel around 9:30 PM. From the guy at the entry gate to the bellman, friendly folks. As I was walking into my room the bellman asked if I had eaten dinner and I said I had not, before I knew it he was calling the front desk to keep the restaurant open until I get there and eat as they usually close at 10. I got a salad to go as I was feeling guilty and quite frankly they seemed like they would have stayed as long as I liked polite all the way. The room was comfortable well furnished with a lot of thoughtful touches. I noticed someone else complained about cell service, I am with Verizon, it worked fine and the wifi in the room was great. Worth the hour and a half drive from Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Scottsdale1
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I rented an arbor cottage for an overnight stay in the Atlanta area earlier this month.. We both travel extensively for work and for fun, and Barnsley exceeded our expectations. The staff was outstanding - their attentive and charming service was Southern hospitality at its finest! The grounds are beautiful and impeccably maintained and the history of the resort is quite interesting. The cottage was decorated perfectly (think English countryside cottage) and the fireplace (with an ample supply of wood) made for a perfect ending to the day. The wine helped too! We have already talked to some friends about Barnsley Resort and are planning to return in the fall with two or three other couples. Also, we had no problem with cell phone coverage....AT&T and Verizon. On a scale of 1- 10, this was a 12. My husband and I are not easily impressed....Barnsley Resort raised the bar! Highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kellie111
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stopped here for a night on our way to Florida...what a great place to relax and rejuvenate! We got a few dollars off our stay from the Southern Living Hotel Collection Facebook page and thought we would give it a shot. The rooms are quaint and have a fancy rustic vibe. The tub was very nice, and it was great to fall asleep to a real fireplace and the spa music they had playing on the tv when we arrived. We stayed just before everything began to bloom, so we missed the full beauty of the land, but it was nice none the less. Great recommendation for families traveling to Disney World from the Midwest because it is a good stopping point and will give the family a chance to mix up the vacation.

Room Tip: Any cottage would be great, resort is set up like a villiage.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Adairsville
Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville
Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville
#2 of 23 in Cartersville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun

Been to Barnsley Resort? Share your experiences!