“Good Value Hotel”

Magnuson Hotel Countryside
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Adairsville
Reviewed 4 December 2013

When I saw the prices on my phone at this exit they were about the same. I got a little better deal after I called this hotel. I was really surprised at the rooms for the rate I got. I hadn't heard of this group of hotels, but the manager assured me it is a major hotel chain. Rooms were clean and there was free wifi and HBO.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
ranu p, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your review. Although you may not have heard of the brand name Magnuson, we are the largest in the world. These are seen especially in Europe. Hope you stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Magnuson Hotel Countryside

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel was a great surprise after I had traveled 400 miles. Check in was quick and the room was clean. The desk clerk was friendly and told me everything I needed to know before I even asked. The hotel was quite inside (no highway noise) and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was good and express checkout was a breeze. I'll look for this brand name hotel again.

Room Tip: Check out the deluxe rooms. They were nice, but I just didn't want to spend the extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ranu p, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Please come stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Looked at the available hotels on this exit and all the prices were about the same within a few dollars. Took a chance on this one and found I made the right choice! The manager was very friendly and seemed to go out of the way to make us comfortable. The hotel was clean and quiet, that's all I was askin' for. The breakfast was good and completed a nice stay at the hotel. Hadn't heard of the Magnuson brand but I'll look for them now!

Room Tip: The owner upgraded us to a whirlpool room for no particular reason, and no added cost, hope he does...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ranu p, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your review on the Countryside Inn & Suites. Please stay with again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

With this being my second stay at a magnuson hotel, I would say it's not chance that my first stay was a great one! Once again the staff was very helpful and attentive to the rooms and my needs. I would recommend the magnuson hotel group to anyone. The Adairsville, ga location is very nice for a mid level hotel, I was actually a little surprised the first time, that for the price I paid, it was as clean and nice as it was. Do yourself a favor and check the brand name out.

Room Tip: Ask for the Deluxe Queen room, I think it was only $10 more and the mattress was twice as thick, I s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us again, we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Positives:
- Front desk person gave me a discounted price
- Located right off highway

Negatives:
- Many bugs noticed in hotel room. Gnats in the bedroom and spiders in the bath tub. Upon our arrival there was a man spraying for bugs outside that should have tipped us off to not stay there.
- Beds were somewhat comfortable but there were noticeable stains and hair on the sheets.
- Breakfast was not good - had to throw out the waffles due to the syrup having an "off flavor", eggs were cold.
- Thermostat did not work.
- Wi-Fi connection kept dropping

Friendly front desk person gave me a decent rate of $65 a night but I would never stay there again based on our experience. I should have tried to drive a little farther, spent a little more and would have had a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick M
ranu p, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

sorry if there were bugs, this is the country! we try very hard to keep the hotel bug free! We have had no other complaints about breakfast but we'll look in to it. Wifi is the fastest available and on a T1 line, we have never seen it drop out, once again we'll look in to it. thanks for staying with us, this was a rarity with us so hope you'll try us again.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

oh what a place one of the best we ever stayed at it was very clean and the owner was so gracious i had surgery that day so he gave us the jacuzee room and made us very comfortable i would recommend anyone to stay there i plan on going back soon thanks so much to this hotel

Room Tip: the whole place is great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kim e
ranu p, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for your gracious review. Please come see us again!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were looking for a place to stop for the night on a Monday road trip and pulled into the Magnuson because it was an interior-hallway hotel. At first, we thought the place was abandoned; the pull-through by the check-in was mostly torn down, but a small sign in the window told us that the hotel was, in fact, open. We went into the lobby and were greeted by a very friendly and slightly pushy proprietor.

The proprietor tried very hard to get us to book a jacuzzi room ("Won't that massaging action feel great after a long day of driving? Would you like to see the room before you make a decision?"), but we just wanted a place to sleep for the night, so we declined. We booked a regular room with our AAA discount, and we took our key and walked to our room. The proprietor was right behind us, though, and he came into the room with us to turn on our A/C (it was very still and hot in there because the A/C units aren't left on between guests). Then he lingered to tell my husband about all the hotel amenities (hot breakfast, etc) while I went to the car to get the bags.

This was unsettling: The proprietor left the room and closed the door behind him, but then he realized he hadn't told us about the hotel pool, so he turned around. But instead of knocking, he USED HIS MASTER KEY to open the door again and mention the pool. Granted, he had just left, but once the door closed behind him, he should have knocked instead of just letting himself back into our room. We were careful to keep the security lock on for the rest of our stay.

The room itself was a strange mix of old and new. The bed linens seemed nice, but the bathroom hadn't been updated. The ceilings were high, but there were bare walls and very cheap furniture. The soaps provided for the bathroom were so cheap that the bath bar snapped in two while I was showering. The towels were plentiful, but the shower head was so high in the wall that I had to stand on my tiptoes to adjust it (I'm a 5'5" woman). The hallway outside the room reeked of smoke, even though there were no smoking signs in the lobby and on all of the room doors we saw (not sure if smoking is allowed in the rooms further down the long hallway). But the room itself didn't smell like smoke, which was a relief.

The A/C unit was under the window and was VERY loud. It would kick on throughout the night, with intermittent clicking noises and water leaking on the floor. Then it would turn off for a while. The cycle continued all night and made sleep tough.

When we checked in, we were the only guests in the place. I think a few more checked in after we went to bed, but overall, there was almost no one in this hotel overnight. We were near the check-in area and also near the ice machine (which worked) and the soda machine (75 cents for a 12 oz can, all Coke products).

In the morning, we went to experience the hot breakfast (available 6:30-9:30 am - we went in around 8 am). We were the only ones there, but the spread looked like it had been picked over. The "hot" offerings were watery eggs, biscuits and gravy in a warmer. There was also a waffle iron for make-your-own waffles, which were pretty good. There was a juice dispenser and 2% milk, plus a few varieties of cereal. I found a single packet of instant oatmeal and another of instant grits, and the pastry case had two or three danishes and about a half dozen mini chocolate donuts (the rest of the case was empty). There were a few slices of bread near a toaster, and two unlabeled bottles of syrup for the pancakes. I couldn't find any fruit until I saw a few apples in a basket. Aside from the waffle iron and cereal, it looked like most of the food was an afterthought, or that they were trying to use it all up before putting out any more. We ate alone and went back to our room to pack up.

Overall, this wasn't a horrible place to lay up for the night after a long day of driving, and the proximity to gas and fast food options was nice (we had Zaxby's for dinner), but the place did leave a lot to be desired. I don't think we'll be staying here again if we pass this way next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erica A

The customer might have asked about the damage to the hotel. We have put out thousands of dollars to not only renovate the hotel but repair the damage from the tornado that came through Adairsville. But we were glad to have you stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Adairsville
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville
Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville
#2 of 23 in Cartersville

Been to Magnuson Hotel Countryside? Share your experiences!