“Great value and location for travelers”

Magnuson Hotel Countryside
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Adairsville
Reviewed 4 August 2014

All the basics at a budget friendly price--clean rooms, comfortable beds, nice bathroom, lots of cable channels. Breakfast bar had hot, strong coffee with both non-dairy and dairy (half and half) creamers and two kinds of juice. Food options were limited and included scrambled eggs, made-to-order waffles, cereals, breads and pastries. There were no meats or fresh fruit, but keep in mind the cost is about half of more upscale hotels that offer “free” breakfast. The exit has easy access to the interstate with only a few restaurant (Wendy’s and Cracker Barrel), convenient store and gas options.

Room Tip: In summer, request a room far from the pool or you might hear evening sun bathers.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ranu p, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thanks for your review! We hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked a family room (2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa), which is fairly uncommon. With a family of 3 teenagers, we were looking forward to a comfortable night's sleep. Unfortunately, when we arrived, our air conditioner was not working, the only sink in our room was completely clogged up, and the refrigerator didn't work. We repeatedly tried to contact the front desk without any response. When I finally found someone, I was informed there were no employees on site, and the sink and air conditioner would not be fixed. The breakfast was relatively modest with cramped quarters for eating. I'll definitely be looking for other options when passing through Georgia in the future.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt L
ranu p, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We do not have 24 hr maintenance crews at the hotel, they leave at 9PM. The hotel desk clerk says you checked in at 1 AM and the hotel was full. He was indeed the only one on site to run the hotel. If we had known of the problem that night we would gladly have refunded your money, others would gladly have taken the room as it was. There were no rooms available for 50 miles in any direction. We turned away 20 or more groups begging for a room. We are sorry for the maintenance issues in the room but sometimes it is unavoidable when we are not aware of the problem and no other rooms are available to move you to.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We picked this hotel out of 4 on the exit, and made the right choice! The hotel was clean and the staff did everything possible to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We hadn't seen the brand name before "Magnuson" and thought we would try it. I found it on my laptop using their wifi after I checked in and saw they are actually the largest in the world! I'll definitely search out one of these again.

Room Tip: We got a Family Suite, which was huge! 2 TV's, a foldout sofa and two queen beds. They had more...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

When I saw the prices on my phone at this exit they were about the same. I got a little better deal after I called this hotel. I was really surprised at the rooms for the rate I got. I hadn't heard of this group of hotels, but the manager assured me it is a major hotel chain. Rooms were clean and there was free wifi and HBO.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
ranu p, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your review. Although you may not have heard of the brand name Magnuson, we are the largest in the world. These are seen especially in Europe. Hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel was a great surprise after I had traveled 400 miles. Check in was quick and the room was clean. The desk clerk was friendly and told me everything I needed to know before I even asked. The hotel was quite inside (no highway noise) and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was good and express checkout was a breeze. I'll look for this brand name hotel again.

Room Tip: Check out the deluxe rooms. They were nice, but I just didn't want to spend the extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ranu p, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Please come stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Looked at the available hotels on this exit and all the prices were about the same within a few dollars. Took a chance on this one and found I made the right choice! The manager was very friendly and seemed to go out of the way to make us comfortable. The hotel was clean and quiet, that's all I was askin' for. The breakfast was good and completed a nice stay at the hotel. Hadn't heard of the Magnuson brand but I'll look for them now!

Room Tip: The owner upgraded us to a whirlpool room for no particular reason, and no added cost, hope he does...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ranu p, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your review on the Countryside Inn & Suites. Please stay with again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

With this being my second stay at a magnuson hotel, I would say it's not chance that my first stay was a great one! Once again the staff was very helpful and attentive to the rooms and my needs. I would recommend the magnuson hotel group to anyone. The Adairsville, ga location is very nice for a mid level hotel, I was actually a little surprised the first time, that for the price I paid, it was as clean and nice as it was. Do yourself a favor and check the brand name out.

Room Tip: Ask for the Deluxe Queen room, I think it was only $10 more and the mattress was twice as thick, I s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us again, we hope to see you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Adairsville
Quality Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Cartersville
FairBridge Inn & Suites
FairBridge Inn & Suites
#12 of 23 in Cartersville

Been to Magnuson Hotel Countryside? Share your experiences!