“Good Enough--Excellent Pet Policy”
Review of Hampton Inn Adel

Hampton Inn Adel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Adel
San Francisco, CA
“Good Enough--Excellent Pet Policy”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Popped in for a one night stay while in transit to Florida, place fit the bill nicely. They are in a tough spot, as an upper-mid level brand competing on a stretch of highway where other properties are in the sub-$30 range, and it shows a bit. The property was utterly empty this night, and parts of the building show signs of wear and tear without much upkeep. The rooms were up to expectation and had the amenities you'd want at a Hampton, the breakfast hit at about 90% of other Hamptons--missing out on the healthier side with minimal fruit and only one flavor of yogurt (hope you like "berry!")

They don't charge a surcharge for pets, which is spectacular, as some places will hit you with significant charges. That was the difference between us staying here, or staying at a cheaper hotel and shelling out extra for the furball. Would definitely come back next time I'm passing through.

1 Thank Barflyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cayman Islands
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I chose to stay with The Hampton Inn because of all the good reviews I read online about the friendly staff and the dog play area out front. I called ahead and booked a room with a very friendly lady over the phone. When I arrived with my handicapped mother and our dog your night staff receptionist at the reservation desk "Andrew" checked me in. I asked for a luggage dolly and he told me that someone had taken it to their room and didn't bring it back down. I proceeded to get my mother and the dog to our room so that I could go back down and get our bags. While walking back down to the lobby Andrew was sitting on the couch watching a TV show/movie. Never offered to get up off of the couch or even hold a door open for me while I made 3 trips up and down with 8 bags of luggage. The doors to the front of the building would not stay open with one of the door-stops scotch taped closed. On my last trip going up to my room with luggage. I had to walk over to him sitting on the couch watching TV to ask if there was any way we could make sure the luggage dolly was here in the morning so that I didn't have to drag everything out in 3 trips again. He told me there was no guarantee that it would be in the lobby because there was no way of knowing which room the dolly was in. I find this incredibly ridiculous! This man was being paid to work and he is just sitting on the couch watching a 100 lb girl dragging bags upon bags upon bags up to the 3rd floor. I am very dissatisfied with the treatment I was given by Andrew. And I will wright a review online about how my handicapped mother and I were treated if something isn't done to prevent this from happening again in the future. Please know that a lovely woman named Tahesha and other members of your staff were beyond friendly and helpful! I am not dissatisfied with your hotel as a whole, but I am upset with the treatment I was given last night (3/26/14).

After sending my concerns via email to the manager "Tina Wilson" I was never sent a reply. And no one contacted me to apologize while I was still staying at the hotel. It is extremely unprofessional to advertise "gracious hospitality" and not to have any. Or to have a manager that does nothing to satisfy her guests after a complaint has been given directly to her.

• Stayed April 2014
Wonder Lake, IL
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Very nice hotel. Hotel itself, and grounds very nice and clean. Staff very helpful and kind. Great dog friendly fenced in area so fido can romp without a leash. The coffee was good. The neighborhood was fine for a walk with dog.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have always stayed at Hampton Inn and look for them whenever we travel. The Adel,GA Hampton Inn is unique as it has a great bark park and is pet friendly. My family expects that we will always stay here on our way to Florida. Always a friendly greeting,clean room and healthy breakfast. GREAT COFFEE

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Great amenities including pet friendly and dog walk, terrific breakfast w good presentation and variety, love the staff. Highly recommend

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Older Hampton Inn, but clean. This is our second time staying here while visiting family in South Georgia. Beware it is dog friendly- we did not encounter any pet smells or stains, but I did hear them! As soon as we walked into our room, we heard two yapping dogs across the hall and knew we weren't going to get any sleep. So we went to the front desk to complain and Jeremy upgraded us to a suite free of charge and away from the yipping dogs! Thanks so much! Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GMAdel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Adel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Adel!! I am so happy that Jeremy was able to accommodate you with an upgrade! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will return very soon!!!

The Staff at the Hampton Inn Adel, GA
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Good accomodation and Hampton Inn standard maintained. Helpful staff and clean room. Looks like rooms are well maintained. Convenient location off I75. Close to a good value reasurant. Outdoor pool but was too cold to use at this time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am sorry it was still to cold for you to enjoy the pool. I hope that you will return this summer once it is warm and we will have the pool ready to go. We look forward to you staying with us very soon!

The staff at the Hampton Inn Adel, GA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adel
Days Inn-Adel-South Georgia-Motorsports Park
Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tifton, GA
Hampton Inn & Suites Tifton
Comfort Inn & Suites Tifton
Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta

Been to Hampton Inn Adel? Share your experiences!