“Great suites for families!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albany
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Albany
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“Great suites for families!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute overnight stay for 2 adults and 4 kids. This suite worked perfectly, after maneuvering a bit of furniture for our youngest. The desk attendant was very welcoming and friendly. The pool was clean and warm, but we did have trouble getting the sauna to turn on. Maybe user error. Lobby, room, and breakfast area was clean. The only thing we didn't care too much for was people going to breakfast in their pajamas, and no shoes. Overall a great stay. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TheCunninghams2012
Navin P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albany, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Indoor heated pool and Suite room. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Graceville, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Albany,Ga are always relaxing. The staff are very cordial and eager to make your stay as pleasant as possible. On top of the hospitallity is a great complimentary breakfast that can compare to any you could buy elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Adam M
Navin P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albany, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our staff and complementary Hot Breakfast. We look forward to your next Stay.

georgia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My family and I have just returned home from our annual trip to the March soccer tournament in Albany, GA. This year we chose the Country Inn & Suites for our stay. Big mistake! The hotel looks fine on the outside and it is also situated in a very desirable area near the mall and many restaurants. The lobby looked promising and very homey. There were complimentary chocolate chip cookies and popcorn available.
When we got to our room we noticed that the bathroom looked run down and in great need of caulking. One leg of the desk in the room was about to fall off. The doors were beat up and scuffed. The carpet definitely needed vacuuming. None of these things made me happy but we were staying there with our soccer players and parents from our team so I was willing to overlook these items and just get through the night. Well, that is until I folded out the sofa bed for my 15 year old to sleep on. The sheets on the bed had blood on them! I don't mean a spot or two of blood. This was an extremely large area of blood stains about the size of a square yard. I could not believe my eyes. I walked down to the lobby to report this as a phone call just wouldn't cut it in this situation.

The front desk manager was wonderful and absolutely professional in every way. She came with me to the room and took the stained linen away and remade the sofa bed. She stated she would discount our room and she did take $30 off. But the bill was the least of my worries. I could not have cared less about the money. I asked to be moved and was told the hotel was booked, so no extra rooms. We ended up all squeezing in on the double beds as I would certainly never let anyone in my family sleep on that foul sofa bed. But at that point, I was doubting the cleanliness of even the sheets on the regular beds.

Folks, there are several decent hotels in Albany. Please go stay in one of them instead of this place. The owners of this hotel need to do something about their housekeeping department. They are ruining this property!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank davfamo4
Navin P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albany, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for taking time to send us the review. We take this matter very seriously. We will certainly followup with appropriate personnel responsible for it. We ensure that it will not happen it again. We command our Operation Manager to assist you on the spot to cure the situation.

Again, thank you very much for your time. If we can assist you in any other way, please please do not hesitate to contact us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stay here everytime I go to Albany Ga. They hotel staff is always friendly, rooms are always clean an neat, comfortable beds and pillows. Breakfast is always great! If your are a club Carson member you will get great reward points for free nights or for you to use for discounts rates. I use mine so often I usually just get the rate reduction so that my money goes a long way. The suites make me feel like I am at home with seperate living & bedroom and 2 televisions, fridge & microwave. I always have to go to the pool & whirlpool it is indoors to use no matter the weather. 5 stars for this hotel!!! I have family in Albany and they always want me to stay with them but I always stay here because it feels like I am at my own home! Thanks Country Inn & Suites for my home away from home feel!

V. Lewis

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anessa W
Thank you for your feedback and for taking time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our stay like your own HOME with plenty of amenities. We look forward to your next Stay.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This Country Inn and Suites was perfect for a weekend in Albany. It is conveniently located near restaurants, department stores, and a movie theater. And it is only a short drive to the Parks at Chehaw and Flint River Aquarium. In addition the rooms are very comfortable and a hot, complimentary breakfast is available each morning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan L
Thank you for your feedback and for taking time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our complimentary Hot breakfast and hotel location near various shopping places and restaurants. We look forward to your next Stay.

Hephzibah, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Love this location. Walk to the movie, Kholes department store, Mushroom and wings restaurants. Walmart and many other shopping centers close by. Breakfast, cookies and staff excellent. Staff make me feel like family every time i am there.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has less traffic and greater water pressure.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CenlaLa1975
Thank you for your feedback and for taking time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our amenities, location and staff. We look forward to your next Stay.

Destin, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have stayed here once a week for a year. It is quiet and in a good part of Albany. You must be careful in Albany because there are some bad areas.(especially on the east side). There are many restaurants nearby. The staff is very nice and want you to be happy. Very good hot breakfast. New heating and AC units that are very quiet. Daily USA Today and Albany Herald are provided at no charge. Nice indoor pool and workout area.

Room Tip: Stay on the first or third floor if available. The second floor has no ice machine.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark M
Navin P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albany, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.