“Loud Hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Sleep Inn is usually my favorite place to stay out of all the choice hotels. Not in Albany, I will never stay there again. Some of the staff is very unprofessional. The house keepers yell up and down the hall at each other constantly. Didn't get any sleep due to all the noise. Seriously, I stay in hotels at least twice a week and this is the loudest most chaotic hotel thus far. After promised a late check out, I was once woke up by the housekeepers banging on the door and after I told her I had a late check out the front desk calls harrassing me. Also, the worst wireless internet I have ever exprienced.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank kristen1011

Reviewed 30 March 2009

I've grown to really like Sleep Inn's when traveling on a budget as they've been pretty dependable as far as quality goes. It took me about two minutes to check in and I found the room to be very clean was happy to see a new flat screen television in the room. Also, I found this location to have one of the strongest wireless internet signals I've ever had in a motel. I'm not much of a fan of four or five small pillows, vs. two normal sized pillows, but I'll take it. This location is about three miles from what seemed to be the main shopping/restaurant area of Albany (west side of town). I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I spent a single night at this Sleep Inn. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the night was quiet, and the breakfast was usual Choice Hotels fare. In short, it was exactly what I expected. I recommend this hotel..

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 February 2008

Stayed here for a single night and it was just as expected. An OK place to stay, nothing special but adequate. Room was clean, bed comfortable (but bottom sheet came loose numerous times), breakfast adequate and well supplied. The wireless internet service took a while to connect but it was quick after that. In all, an OK stay.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FarAndWide_Traveller
Reviewed 18 December 2007

I stayed one night at Sleep Inn and for the price I found it to be a excellent value. The room was clean and had a microwave and fridge. The bathroon was also in excellent shape. Wireless service worked perfect too . The only issue was the room was a little musty smelling but after running the AC for a few minutes, it cleared up. The contential breakfast offereds a lot of choices. Don't be mistaken, it's no Hyatt but for the base of $59.00 it was fine. Location looks fairly safe and is quiet.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 7 February 2007

Booked 3 rooms here. One each for Uncle, Grandparents and myself. Their rooms were fine although they too had dirty walls (they're likely the work of young kids smudging their dirty hands on walls - I just can't understand why Housekeeping doesn't simply take warm water and soap and wipe them down).

In any event, my room had the dirty walls AND bad smell (like musty body odor). Front desk suggested that I use their air freshener (as if other guests have complained about this in the past). I explained that the air freshener deals with the symptom but not the cause. Additionally, I couldn't get the high speed WIRELESS (apparently, all the hotels in Albany use wireless as opposed to wired) Internet to work. Called tech. support and waited 20 minutes. No one called and finally decided to get a refund and head up the street to the Marriott Courtyard (which was HEAVEN in comparison).

I've slept in good clean Speep Inns before with no problem. But I'd stay way from this one.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 10 May 2006

I decided to try out a Sleep Inn after a friend of mine recommended the chain. Since I own my own business, you try to cut costs wherever you can. I decided to try out a Sleep Inn in the next town I traveled to. I read the previous Trip Advisor visits and decided to book my stay. Check in was a breeze. I had the room on the first floor that I requested. The room was an adequate size. It had a nice desk set up which is optimal for us laptop users. Everything worked in the room and for the $50 a night, it was well worth it. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone in traveling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business