All reviewsmanor househardwood floorsshuttle servicebreakfast buffet isbeautiful pooladjoining room doorevent centerchain hotelold schoolbiscuitssouthern hospitalitynice clean roomslocal restaurantspool areafriesplace to staycouple of nights
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed her for a conference which was held downtown. Merry Acres Inn is only about 5 minutes from downtown, but a much more comfortable and quiet choice.
Clean spacious room which looked to have been fairly recently remodeled, at a price 2/3 of the hotel conference room. Cute little pub with a fireplace and simple room service done well. Mini-fridge and microwave always a pleasant convenient touch. and a Nice buffet breakfast next door. Constantly friendly helpful service by every person from check-in to housekeeping to room service. I was exhausted and not feeling well, but a couple of days at Merry Acres helped me get through the conference and I left actually feeling better than when I checked in. I will not stay anywhere else in Albany!

Room Tip: room in the back was very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This looks like you stepped back into the 50's, 1952 actually, when the motel was first opened. Owned by the same person who owns the best restaurants in town (The Catch, Harry Campbell's etc) this is a great little glimpse back into history. That includes the 1939 Studebaker parked in front. The rooms are clean - nice hardwoods. There is Internet and a free breakfast buffet, but a free drink at the bar during happy hour. Oh, and the bar will allow you to order from a light meal to anything from the owner's other restaurants. There is a shuttle that will take you to and from any of those restaurants as well. And on-site conference facilities are available. So if you want to get away from every day chain - give this spot a shot!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My family started staying at this hotel in the 1960's and recently found myself back in Albany for family gathering. Rooms are tastefully decorated....hardwood floors, extremely comfortable beds, spotless bathrooms, and the service by the staff is exceptional. Everyone greeted us with a smile and a "how can I help" attitude. I cannot understand why anyone would to go Albany and stay elsewhere.

Breakfast buffet is very good as well. The pub bar has great atmosphere...we were there just before Christmas and there was a fire in the fireplace, comfortable chairs and a bartender (Allen) who didn't stop trying to make us feel welcome.

Thank you, Merry Acres!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Cathy O, General Manager at Merry Acres Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

It’s great to have “old friends” rediscover Merry Acres. Thanks for the wonderful review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I had no idea how quaint and hospitable Merry Acres would be. Such a welcoming and lovely front desk! Very friendly. And the new bar attached to the office is a hot spot for locals and travellers. The rooms were very comfortable, quiet, and clean. My bathroom was a little outdated, but it was sufficient, especailly with the curved shower curtain rod. I cannot wait to return. Wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms close to the office
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were traveling with a rather large group (~100) and needed a place big enough to accommodate all of us. Merry Acres fit that bill. The rates were very reasonable. The rooms were nicely renovated. Note: the motel portion was built in the 1953. Because of this, the bathrooms were smaller than more modern motels, but were more than adequate for us. We liked the fact that the renovation included laminate flooring, instead of carpeting in the rooms. Dorm-sized refrig/small coffee maker/microwave included in the room rates. Flat screen TVs. I liked that we could park in front of the room, like small cottages, actually. Our stay included the FULL buffet breakfast, which was VERY good! Normally, the breakfast buffet costs $7. Considering that it's a buffet, that's a bargain, and there was plenty to choose from. The staff was very nice, and pleasant. My only complaint is that the billing receipt was hard to decipher, since the Toal Bill was mixed in with all of the other charges, not BOLD and/or at the bottom of the receipt. I had to ask the clerk to show me where the Total was on the bill.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends