All reviews manor house hardwood floors shuttle service breakfast buffet is beautiful pool adjoining room door event center chain hotel old school biscuits southern hospitality nice clean rooms local restaurants pool area fries place to stay couple of nights
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Great amenities for the money. No complaints here. Shuttle service made it worthwhile. The pub was a little boring, but nice. Definitely worth a try. Great location, slept in and missed breakfast so can't give review on the food.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was in Albany for the Marathon and stayed one night. Checking in around 8 pm and leaving around noon the next day. My room had newer wood/laminate floors, newer tv, newer beds. The sink area was nice but the shower unit in a tub/shower drop in model that is old and really needs replacing. There was also a hole in the wall where the former toilet paper holder had been. However, overall the place was very clean and served my purposes well. I wouldn't use it for vacation/ relaxing but it was perfectly fine and the staff were very friendly. It's a small town and there aren't a lot of options there. I'm used to something a little nicer but I would absolutely stay here again (for a night, two at the most- I hear there is a great state park near there and this would be another options if you don't camp). Also, my friends room was "older" looking than mine. I was rm 178, he was rm 101.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ErinWhatley, Public Relations Manager at Merry Acres Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Merry Acres during your stay for the Albany Marathon. We have alerted our maintenance department about the specific issues you mentioned in your review, and we are so glad you noticed our friendly staff and renovations since our management company took ownership a couple of years ago. We are local and family-owned, so we aim to make your stay "a home away from home," so we hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet. What else do you need for a business trip? Also they will provide transportation to several good restaurants or you can have them pick up your dinner and bring it to your room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the kind review of Merry Acres! We are proud to offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport as well as to other Stewbos restaurant brands, Harvest Moon, The Catch Seafood Room & Oyster Bar or Henry Campbell's Steakhouse - and we are so glad that you have taken advantage of this amenity and shared it with other travelers. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I was extremely disappointed with Merry Acres Inn during my recent visit. The reviews were great, but the hotel was not. Everything about the hotel was pleasant until I went into the bathroom. The tub was stained and the water was a brownish-orange color. I called the office to speak to the manager, but she was unavailable. I visited the office 3 times and was never able to speak directly to the manager. The person at the desk said that the water was recently "treated by the city". They said Albany's water is just that color, but it is fine. Of course, I did not believe this. The water in the sink was fine, it was just the bathtub water. I believe they have rusty pipes that have not been fixed. Since management did such a poor job of taking care of the situation, I changed hotels the next morning. I definitely would NOT recommend staying at this hotel. I moved to the Hilton and everything was excellent, including the Albany water.

Room Tip: Don't stay there! You have been warned.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. As we have mentioned in our telephone conversations, we apologize for any service issues on our end, and you can be assured that any neglect you experienced is an anomaly in comparison to the service our guests receive on a daily basis. We are known at Merry Acres for five-star service and staff, and I hope after our recent correspondence you might consider updating your review! We look forward to having you as our guest again so that we can show you why guests choose our boutique hotel again and again over other brand names in the area.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed her for a conference which was held downtown. Merry Acres Inn is only about 5 minutes from downtown, but a much more comfortable and quiet choice.
Clean spacious room which looked to have been fairly recently remodeled, at a price 2/3 of the hotel conference room. Cute little pub with a fireplace and simple room service done well. Mini-fridge and microwave always a pleasant convenient touch. and a Nice buffet breakfast next door. Constantly friendly helpful service by every person from check-in to housekeeping to room service. I was exhausted and not feeling well, but a couple of days at Merry Acres helped me get through the conference and I left actually feeling better than when I checked in. I will not stay anywhere else in Albany!

Room Tip: room in the back was very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business