All reviews manor house hardwood floors shuttle service breakfast buffet is beautiful pool adjoining room door event center chain hotel old school biscuits southern hospitality nice clean rooms local restaurants pool area fries place to stay couple of nights
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a number of hotels from MA to FL and nothing compares to the quality, professionalism, and "home like" environment than Merry Acres in Albany, GA. Their rooms are immaculate, the food is unreal, their Manor House and Pub is community and the staff is very personable. They go out of their way to make you feel like your at home!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here while passing through town on business. This is charming, motel style lodging -- but remodeled. Beautiful landscaping, a little oasis. Our room was updated and clean, the beds very comfortable. Every staff member we met was warm and welcoming. We had a drink in the pub, relaxing in the leather chairs. The shuttle driver (a free service) took us to The Catch for dinner and they knew we were coming! Afterwards, we relaxed around the pool. A lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I was a little skeptical choosing this place but after reading reviews on the Internet I decided to give it a try. It's hard to put my finger on it but there is just something wonderful and special about this cute little hotel. If you are looking for sleek and modern with lots of chrome and the cold austere business executive suite this is not it. It's rooms each have outside access doors with a parking space in front of your doorway. For most people just the thought of parking right in front of the doorway to the room is horrifying in this day and age. But here you get the sense that it's extremely well-kept and quite safe. And what would typically be a negative is actually part of what adds to the uniqueness of this property. It has a feel of little cottages throughout the property. There's a pool in the middle of the property and a main house that is in the front. The front house has a lounge with a large porch. Everything is spotless and cozy and inviting. Although the furniture in my room is definitely very dated it's all in perfect condition and the beds are quite comfortable with good quality linens. The room has a small kitchen area with microwave and refrigerator as well as a coffee maker which is very handy for business traveler. If you are sick of the cookie cutter business hotel room this is definitely the place to try. It has charm and character and I will definitely come back here again if I ever have to travel to this area again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Merry Acres Inn is just like being at home. The shuttle driver greeted me by name at the airport (no card with my name on it, just a warm hi Lisa!) and Vicky at the reception desk did the same thing when I walked in. You are and expected guest and welcomed at the Merry Acres. The room was lovely in every respect with the beautiful hard wood floors. And the breakfast is all you will need to start your day. Eggs, sausage, toast, waffles, coffee, juice, and a warm smile from everyone. The day I left there were storms in the area, and the staff told me if I had any problems to just call them and they would come back and get me. The Merry Acres Inn makes me look forward to another visit to Albany.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014

There is only one place to stay in Albany, and that would be Merry Acres. The pretty grounds, kind staff, and yummy breakfast are fantastic. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. I love the pool area. It's just the place to cool off on a hot day.

• Stayed: April 2014