All reviews manor house hardwood floors shuttle service beautiful pool adjoining room door chain hotel breakfast buffet is old school biscuits southern hospitality nice clean rooms local restaurants pool area fries place to stay labor day weekend couple of nights
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We checked in around 6:00 and immediately went to the pool without looking around our room. We got back to our room around 11:00 and realized there were no sheets/blankets for the pull out sofa. I called front desk and they send some right over. While waiting the kid's took 2 showers and we realized the drain wasn't working properly, the tub was almost full of dirty water. Meanwhile 40 minutes later still no sheets/blankets. I called back to the office and they said he was on the way. About 5 minutes later they showed up with sheets, but no blankets. By this time my kids were already asleep and we just gave them the blanket from our bed. I called the next morning about the drain and was told no maintenance person works Sunday and there really wasn't anything they could do. So I had to take a shower with little drain capability. The bathroom itself was old and in need of repairs. At checkout when asked how my stay was, I made them aware, but was offered no apology. I try to give local/American owned places a try to help them stay in business, but with my next trip to Albany it won't be at Merry Acres.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Chan2424
ErinWhatley, Guest Relations Manager at Merry Acres Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hi Chan,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience here at Merry Acres. We always aim for the highest level of service and our staff aims to quickly respond to any needs of our guests. Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience, and I hope you will consider returning to our property so that we can show you the southern charm and exemplary service that we are known for.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We found this inn on trip advisor. We were searching for a different route home from Nashville to Florida that was pet friendly. Our room was very clean and updated except for the bathroom a little small. Check in was easy and staff very friendly. One suggestion wld be to put pet waste stations on property. I carry pet bags with me but couldn't find a garbage can near by. Would stay again!

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My fiancé and I have stayed at Merry Acres twice now and we love it. During our first stay, we enjoyed the fresh summer air out on the front porch as well as the kind company that joined us. We also had the chance to ride one of the shuttle buses to one the recommended restaurants. The gentlemen who transported us were of the absolute kindest nature, opening the doors for us and telling us everything possible about the town.

Never have we experienced negative service at Merry Acres. Checking in, checking out and lounging on the front porch have always been pleasant. Additionally, the full breakfast offered in the restaraunt is more than any one could ask for to start their day, and of course it's complimentary with the room.

We would recommend this establishment to anyone. It is quiet and quaint, but near enough to all the essentials with a shopping center and an auto parts store right across the street.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My partner and I travel frequently for work and it seemed like Merry Acres was a perfect place for us given their proximity to the locations we were working at....We stayed there for three weeks during one trip and decided on staying there for our last week in Southwest Georgia,

During our first trip, the service delivered by Joan and Allen in the Hotel Rest was beyond reproach. There is another server ( female, stringy blonde/brown hair with glasses and a severe attitude disorder) that made no attempt to try and accommodate myself, my partner, nor the 10 fellow coworkers that were there with us. At one point during this 1st trip, she became hostile towards me and fell short of verbally berating me, unprovoked, in front of other guests staying at the hotel. I asked to speak to a member of management and was never contacted.

The final straw was this present trip in which this same server was so opposed to our group, that she refused service and made the whole ordeal unbearable. Once again, she came at me with a fiercely sharp tongue and used all sorts of tactics to make us feel unwelcomed and as though our service needs were unimportant. As one who patronizes eating establishments often, they lost out on me!! She told me that if "You don't like it, you can always leave." We are a group of professionals that were asking for service under the gazebo by the pool, the same place that we have been served at for the last 3 weeks!!

We asked to speak to Stewart Campbell, one of the Proprietors and for him to address our grievances! No such attempt was made on behalf of the hotel. Thank heavens for Shelby, an awesome server and staff member at the hotel!! We really felt bad for him, because she was making things difficult for him considering he really wished to accomodate us, given the fact there were only 2 people at the restaurant.

We decided to check-out and leave because of this woman and her hostile nature towards us! Upon our premature departure as a result of the deplorable service rendered by Merry Acres, our Corporate Lodging was charged and our personal credit cards duplicately charged for the same fee!

If you are looking for a quick trip, this could be your place. If you are looking for customized and top-notch service, I might recommend another hotel......

Very disappointed in the lack of professionalism that is displayed by the staff!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ErinWhatley, Public Relations Manager at Merry Acres Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

To anyone reading this review:

This is a point-of-view that does not fully explain the nature of the situation. This guest refused to accept any beverage other than a glass bottle, which is against our corporate policy when drinking beside our pool. We have a very busy summer crowd using our pool service and it is of highest importance to us to protect the families and children who are walking barefoot around the exterior of the pool. As much as our Pub Manager would have loved to meet this gentleman's request, it was a demand we could not meet because of our owners' care for the safety of our guest. Our Pub Manager handled the guest's yelling and cursing with the utmost professionalism and did kindly ask the guest to leave when nothing would suffice. This was also for the care, comfort and safety of our other guests in the Pub that evening. Please know that when you come to Merry Acres our entire staff aims to treat every guest like family, but there are certain lines and limitations that we must abide by to maintain the atmosphere that our regular guests treasure.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a number of hotels from MA to FL and nothing compares to the quality, professionalism, and "home like" environment than Merry Acres in Albany, GA. Their rooms are immaculate, the food is unreal, their Manor House and Pub is community and the staff is very personable. They go out of their way to make you feel like your at home!

Trip type: Travelled on business