“Needs Attention to Details”

Albany Courtyard by Marriott
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Albany
Florida
“Needs Attention to Details”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was a quick overnight stopover and our late arrival didn't leave much time to do anything except sleep. There was nothing really wrong with this hotel but there was an older feel to the furnishings that said "needs updating". The sofa fabric was stained which was a bit of a turnoff and the sheer drapes were badly ripped. This gave the room a cheap feel which is the primary reason for the average rating. The a/c cooled fine once we figured out that it actually cooled better when not on the "coldest" setting. Overall this property was not as nice as during our prior stay a few years ago.

Room Tip: Ask to be at the end of the building away from the expressway exit as there could be traffic noise a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SilverStar092

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I cannot begin to rave enough about the entire staff and facilities at this Courtyard in Albany, GA. I just spent from July 29, 2013 to September 14, 2013 there on business. From the hotel managers, Louis and Kervin, to the front desk staff, all of them, to the maintenance staff, Freddie and Gilbert, to the housekeeping, they made me feel welcome and frankly, like I was apart of their family. As well, the hotel itself was as clean and bright as any facility I have ever stayed in. The grounds, rooms, and common areas where immaculate. I highly recommend you stay at this hotel any time you are in Abany, GA. Thanks everyone ther. See you in a week.

Room Tip: The restaurant is only open for breakfast and I never ate there because I left for work before they...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hayden V
Elgin, South Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My first impression of this hotel was good. The lobby was nice the front desk clerk was helpful even though he asked "What brings you to this city?" But maybe because it's a small town they ask everyone that. The front desk clerk gave us many choices of rooms to pick from. The room was updated, it was late and we were tired. The next morning, I woke up and went to breakfast which was $9.95??? I was confused my thoughts were is this the a 5 star hotel in Miami or the Courtyard Marriott in a small town? There looked like nothing appealing so we passed. When I returned to the room turned on the lights and there was a sink full of ants. So, that wasn't pleasant. We did report it and the front desk clerk advised us that the housekeeping manager would be there to check our room. By that time, we were about ready to check out. This hotel seems like it can be great if they get a exterminator and cheaper breakfast.
Will I return? Most likely not.
Is it the worst hotel I have been to? No
Am I disappointed? Yes

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuthernBell
Boston, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Excellent hotel. clean and modern. the breakfast was expensive as all get out for what it was, but luckily there are plenty of breakfast joints in close proximity to the hotel. I have stayed at this location many times in the past and it is rock solid every time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Benjamin31626
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip with several others. The rooms were clean, location was good and the price was reasonable. I did hear a lot of noise from the rooms above me and the breakfast was pretty expensive and took forever for our order to be made. Overall a decent stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed at this property off and on for about two months. Over that period of time, I was able to get acquainted with the staff ranging from housekeepers to management. The staff was very friendly and seemed to be more than happy to assist in any request I may have asked of them. Just within any form of relationship, the more you see of one another, the more certain things fall into place. The waitstaff in the breakfast area learned very quickly that I am a creature of habit and pretty much desired the same exact things everytime I dined. It was good to know that they took the time to take note and promptly prepare my order. I was somewhat taken aback with certain aspects of the breakfast experience but I am pleased to say that I saw improvements as time progressed. I really admire that many of the staffers took time out to be involved with me and ask how my day was and if everything was okay. It made my virtually weekly stays seem less clinical as I had felt in other hotels and more homely like staying with family members. Althoug the location was next to the expressway, there was really not that much noise from the roadway if any. My only issue with location was that the morning and evening traffic made it difficult to get in and out to the city without being delayed.
I virtually sleep sitting up and my constant complaint is that there are not enough pillows on the bed or either pillows that are large and firm enough.I enjoy the fact that a hotel gives you an adult size pillow and several of them. I did note that the sheets were always clean and true white, not and overuse beige.
The fitness center was adequate and everything seemed to be in working order. I hate hotel gym in which equipment is damaged and or out of order. I was impressed to see also that there were sanitation wipes to help keep down the spread of germs.
The business center in any hotel regardless of the size is pretty much the same. I can say that all the computers worked and the printers printed which was a pleasant surprise.
Just like when entering any place for the first time, the tone can be established in a positive way or negative way by how you are greeted. No matter if I was seen once or if I was seen ten times in the course of the day, the front desk staffers always greeted me and responded to me with respect.
At one point, I stayed in hotels over 250 days out of the year. Some good and some bad. I was extremely pleased with the majority of my stays at this property. Perfection may not have been achieved but the world in general perfection doesnt exist. I will say that with my expectations and demands, this property came mighty close to achieveing perfection...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank m b
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The place was clean and in a good location but it wasn't the greatest place to stay. I didn't get breakfast because it was something like $13.00 for breakfast and I just didn't think it was worth it. The rooms are small, so I got a room with two beds. If I hadn't done this I would have felt extremely closed in. Its not the worse place to stay but its not the best. It's good for one night but I don't think that I would spend more than one night there. Also, the heater/air conditioner was a little bit loud for sleeping. But overall, it's a decent place.

Room Tip: Get a double room even you are only person otherwise, the room will feel like a prioson cell.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business