“Excellent breakfast. Excellent price.”

Pearly's Famous Country Cooking
Ranked #1 of 178 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent breakfast. Excellent price.”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

If you are traveling through Albany, Pearly's is a must for breakfast food. The service is quick, efficient, and friendly.

• Visited August 2013

namibdon
“Friendly folks; fake food”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Country cooking, for me, means fresh cooking. Canned gravy is NEVER going to get good votes from me. I had the smothered pork chops: overdone pork chops simmered in canned gravy. I will admit their biscuits are fresh-made and delicious and that the broccoli salad was good...but not good enough to overcome to poor main course.

Visited July 2013
Newark, New Jersey
“Friendly down home atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

When we came in we were greeted by a man that made you feel welcome and gave you a run down of "how things are done at Pearly's.The chicken & dressing is delicious..the cabbage is to die for. I wish they were open for dinner.

Visited July 2013
“Solid food fair value and lots of Circuses. Unique atmosphere not to be reproduced”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Very fast service friendly and well priced. People watching is the best. Wholesome. Nothing fancy and food is good for Albany but nothing I would go out of my way for. But no better Circuses it is culturally rich.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“country cooking in Albany”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Came by this place for an early lunch about 11:30 and the place was already hopping. Its very efficiently run or this place would not work. I got the veggie plate which was what I was in the mood to have. My companion had the turkey and dressing and veggies. I thought the sweet potato casserole was way too sweet for me and had too much ginger in it, like enough that it was the predominant flavor, a little too strong. The rest was good. I didn't really care for the fired squash I got, it was a little strong also. And I am from the south and love my veggies fried, normally. Even though you make your selection up at the counter, and they serve your plate, and you pay there, there were wait staff that made sure you were not low on your drink, and very good about asking did you need anything else for your meal. A little high price for what you got but overall good. You paid essentially the same price for the veggie plate as you did for the meal with two vegetables, but they threw in your tea, which was $1.50, also a little high for iced tea. Overall, good and a quick place to eat. Also its one of those places where they serve breakfast all day. This was something that was missed when I read prior reviews. This is kind of nice for people who like breakfast foods, have odd shifts, or like breakfast whenever they get a chance to have it, even if its not your normal breakfast hour.

• Visited April 2013