“Nasty!!!”

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nasty Place Don't Stay Here!!! If U Do Bring Ur Shower Shoes

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank playboyslim_21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vidalia, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. didn't read the reviews until after we checked in.Good thing we didn't because it is not that bad. The bathroom is clean. Could use a new comforter on the bed. The pool is beautiful, but not open yet. There is a lounge downstairs that is pretty nice. There is a restaurant, but we haven't ate there yet. There is plenty of parking and it is quiet. There is absolutley nothing wrong with this hotel and I would stay again. The front desk clerk is very friendly and so is the maid. Very close to a variety of eating places and shopping. I would recomend this hotel to anyone. Great place for the cost.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor away from the bar are quiter. All rooms have a great view of the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank pamhowellmiller
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This place is disgusting dirty, bad odor, rude staff, no maid service, along with having roaches

Room Tip: Cant help there
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank charles R

Travellers are raving about these Albany hotels

Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here during our CDL training. The night we arrived the tub and toilet were filthy. We had to clean them ourselves before we used them. The carpet is so dirty that we walked around in shower shoes inside the room for fear of what was on the floor. The refrigerator was painted with "black mold" on the inside so we were unable to use it unless we wanted to clean it ourselves. Front desk's solution was to move us to another filthy room instead of cleaning the fridge. We slept on top of their linen using our own afraid of what was beneath the comforter given the condition of the room. People were doing drug deals out of the front and side entrance constantly. Someone was shot and killed outside of the hotel after leaving the "lounge" attached to the hotel. Management wanted to blame it on the lounge but it is a hotel issue since the hotel is attached, can be accessed from inside the hotel, and is advertised by the hotel. There was also a meth lab busted at the hotel. The murder made the local news: unsure about the meth lab. They advertise a continental breakfast which consists of a basket of plastic wrapped pastries purchased at Sam's and a pot of instant coffee. There are ironing boards in the room but you have to pay $10 for the iron. The key did not work so they had to try it several times before giving me another room which also had a key issue. There are girls walking around who clearly are prostitutes. There are also drug addicts walking around. Management including the Owner, Bob Patel, and Front Desk staff are rude, oblivious, and incompetent. The drug dealers, addicts, and prostitutes prop the rear door open so they can let more trouble in through the side door. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Bypass this place at all costs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tanzania J
Edgewood, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This hotel is the scum of the earth I look at previous guest who wrote on here too and I agree with them. THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT SHOULD BE CALLED. I came down for a family function and the pillow was jet black like someone pooped on it and I showed the front desk clerk he told me there was no more rooms left. He was full of bologna. A hotel like this would not be able 2 keep guest because the hotel is a total disaster. I work at a hotel yes I do the Sleep Inn in Edgewood, Md and we value our guest and our hotel would win a million dollars if it was rated the cleanest. Do Not Stay Here its a waste of your time and money. I will not return to this hotel. And i spoke with the manager Patel he told me he would give me 10% off and I did not even receive a dime. Cheap hotel!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away, run for your life!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Fanceemama07
Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I paid $50 after state and hotel tax. I felt safe for the most part. The hotel is connected to a club and the walls are thin. So if you don't like a lot of noise, you might want to request a room not right next to the wall where the club is. And parking was hard due to the club goers. The room included coffee maker, frige/micro, blow dryer, and Iron/Board. The shower was an issue, the water wasn't coming out completely. The room was very large and spacious but the beds don't sleep that great. Due to the upkeep, $50 is a fair price. If you're only there for 1 nite, it will be good for that. If they would do some maintenance, it will be great bargin for the price. If you go here, check the towels and shower before you get comfortable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Luvzgre8bargins
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Stayed at the hotel during the Albany State homecoming weekend and I only did so because every other hotel was booked solid. However, despite the horror stories, their rooms are surprisingly clean, the bathroom clean and the sheets and towels fresh. The front-desk operators (An indian man and a Jamaican? girl) were friendly and surprisingly professional. My one complaint was parking, there was absolutely no space to park - with the sharing of the parking lot with Sandtrap. I actually liked the place - surprisingly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo