“Business Stop over”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Albany
Atlanta, Georgia
“Business Stop over”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

nice large twin queen room
cookies at checkin
nice cold room!!!
had the 5th floor looking out to the Ray Charles statue, what a view!
Nice a quite, like all other Hilton Garden Inns
nice flat screen TV to connect my laptop and really get some work done :)

I will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Hilton Garden Inn's are quite nice. This was a business trip. This is the home to Ray Charles and there is a nice park and walking paths across from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

This hotel is really not suited for the business traveler. First off, there is no access to the building directly adjacent to the parking lot. All the carts were gone, so I had to carry everything- NOT easy when you have hanging clothes, laptop, suitcase, etc...
The room was spacious, however the tv was circa 1999. The walls are thin and I was awake most of the night listening to a group partying next door. The internet wasn't working for a few crucial hours that I needed to work in my room. All of these factors made me decide to check out a day early. The woman at the front desk did listen to my complaint about the noise, but she only offered me breakfast. I declined. Although I got an excellent AAA rate, I won't be back to this property. It's better to stay at the Hampton near the mall. It's time for some renovation, Hilton.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Anonymous
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I liked this hotel. You are struck when you enter the room with its size. There was lots of light, a nice desk, fridge, microwave. The bed was comfortable, but some pillows needed replacing, due to a sour smell - you might want to check that early on, so it can be addressed before you go to bed. We wanted a riverfront room, but the place was full-up, so we got a room with a roof view. No matter - it was clean and quiet, and we got to visit with Ray with next morning, when he was singing "America the Beautiful" - nice!

We also enjoyed stopping at the bar downstairs after we got back from a City Commission meeting. There were delicious desserts available, including ice cream that tasted homemade, even though it wasn't. The bartender was very friendly, as were other patrons there. We don't drink, really, but I enjoyed a Kahlua and cream and some apple crepes, and hubby had cheesecake. A nice way to end the day!

Two things that I wasn't particularly keen on was no free breakfast, and the fact that there was only a curtain over a cubby for a shower. There should be the option of a tub, in my opinion. But we did have a nice stay, and there is an exceptionally good breakfast at Pearly's, a short distance away, which I will review shortly. (-:

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the top floor, away from the elevator, but ended up on the third floor right b...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pranashakti
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel like most older Hilton's without the renovations. Side access door from parking lot was removed so you have to walk around. Walls are not insulated so one night I listened to someone cough up phelm most of the night.

Not a smoker but I was put in a smoking room which made it even worse for me personally. It would have been nice to have asked me before putting me in there if I didn't request it.

• Stayed May 2012
ATL, GA
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Hotel was in great location and our room on the 5th floor had a wonderful view of the Ray Charles Plaza. Our room with the two beds was quite spacious for our family of three, I've seen bigger bathrooms but we managed and didn't have any issues/complaints. A big plus for me was having a mini fridge and microwave in the room for our snacks. We did breakfast one morning during our stay at the restaurant downstairs, $10 per adult for all you can eat... but with a line of people, we only got the "made to order" one time. Food that we did taste was pretty good (pancakes, bacon, eggs, french toast, muffin), disappointed that the breakfast potatoes were not available when we went through the line. The beds were very comfy and we slept very well, even with our room facing the front street/traffic, we were not disturbed. My husband did try to use the workout room facility but most of the equipment was not working. We had planned on using the pool, it looked really nice but we ran out of time during our trip. Really enjoyed the proximity of this hotel as it relates to various places to eat as well as a short walking distance to the aquarium (which my 5 yr old son enjoyed).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GAFamilyTraveler
ErinWhatley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you so much for your review of HGI Albany. We are pleased to hear that the guest room accommodations exceeded your expectations! We have recently gotten some new equipment in our workout facility, so I hope when you get the chance to return that you might try it out for us to see what you think! Additionally, I'd love to offer you a breakfast coupon during your next stay with us so that you can experience our Great American Grill again and give us your feedback. We thank you for choosing us, and we hope that you will trust us to serve your family again when you are in the area.
Erin Whatley
Sales Manager
(Call me at 229.518.5004 when you are planning your next trip, and I will arrange the coupon. I agree--it's just not the same without breakfast potatoes to start the day!)
Mount Vernon, Missouri
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This Hotel was a delight to stay in. Marie at the front desk was an angel, very professional and friendly. The room was very clean, beds were very comfortable and the overall cleanliness was excellent. The location was super, near the Civic Center and river park, very nice for a stroll.
I highly recommend this Hotel. Special thank you to Marie!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Chief!
We appreciate your great review of Hilton Garden Inn Albany! Our Front Desk works hard to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible when they're away from home, and it is a delight to know that you found our efforts successful. I will pass along your kind words to Marie, and please know that we look forward to having you at our property anytime you are in the area. If there is anything we can include or improve upon in your stays with us--please let me know, and our staff will work hard to accommodate you. Have a great day!
Erin Whatley