“PEACE & QUIET”

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Albany
Atlanta, Georgia
“PEACE & QUIET”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I chose Quality Inn due to the fact it was located adjacent the mall. This enabled me to walk and not have to jump in my vehicle every time I wanted to go shopping.
It was really peaceful and quiet. I loved the fact I had outside access rooms due to the fact, if I leave before day break my car is within a feet of my room (you never know who is lurking outside your door).

The only drawback I had was the bathroom did not have a TUB (no biggy).

I plan on returning soon and cannot wait.

Due to the fact Christmas was days away, Quality Inn allowed me the luxury of shopping without having to travel all over town. The parking lot is so large; you can also get your exercise.

Room Tip: Outside access rooms provide you easy access to your vehicle coming and going. You are also able to...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel is dated, however everything was clean. The shower is very big, no tub. The hotel was just average. All of the rooms are outside and the hotel is practically in back of the mall. The breakfast was decent better than most of the places that I've stayed. Didn't interact with any of the staff since my husband checked us in. We got this as a Priceline Express Deal and there only a queen sized bed. Had to get a roll out for our son. Its ok for a one night stay. Definitely better than the Baymont Inn in Albany

Room Tip: We were in Room 117.This is right across from the mall
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We came to Albany, Ga to visit our son, Lt. Col. Danny R. Ledford, who has just returned from Afganstan and his family. We booked this hotel and found it to be wonderful, attentative to our every need and thankful for our son's service. It is across from the street from the ALBANY MALL, GANDER MOUNTAIN, and many other fine places.. We enjoyed this hotel very much.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
florida
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here during Thanksgiving week for several days. I was really disappointed in this hotel...Here's why:
Problem #1) The rooms are extremely small. It took me a while to figure out why it was so small...it's the little area in between the room and the bathroom that most hotel rooms have...these rooms are missing that, so there is no place to put your luggage or stand when your getting ready (drying hair, make-up, etc...). If there is more than 2 of you staying in the room, be prepared to be right on top of each other (there was 3 of us).
Problem #2) There is no guest laundry room ...and we REALLY needed that. I guess there is a coin operated laundry mat around the corner but we got there on Thanksgiving day so they were closed & we had a huge coffee accident on the way up to Albany, so we needed a laundry facility badly that day. We had to go to my Aunts house for Thanksgiving dinner the next day with coffee stains all over our shoes!
Problem #3) The water pressure was...I don't even know...the worst!! It just dribbled out and was really aggravating to use. I hate low water pressure, makes me feel like I didn't get a good shower, and that is the worst feeling!
Good points: the front desk lady was very nice and tried to be as accommodating as possible considering what she had to work with, and the lady who served breakfast was also very nice...and breakfast was pretty good to.
Overall, I would not return to stay in this hotel, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ebeth916

Travellers are raving about these Albany hotels

Acworth, GA
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is owned by the same property owners of the New Hampton Inn and Suites. She wanted to charge me a dog fee of 15.00 which is never a problem. But she called the Hampton after I told her that I was told by the lady at the front desk at Hampton that upon supervisor approval fro a lady named Nissha that we might be able to stay at Hampton. Von seemed to be on a missio. To prove me wrong. She called over there to Hampton and gave me a bad name and then whwn I went to the Hampton to see if my wife and I and our little dog coukd stay. The front desk called the owner or General Manger and came back and said that our dog wasn't welcome at Quality Inn or Hampton. Wow, after Von "the manager" at Quality Inn just said we coumd stay with a 15.00 charge for our pet. When I went bac to the Quality Inn to speak with Von to find out if this was in fact true, she wouldn't even co.e out and speak with my wife and I. Needless to say guest relations will be hearing about our discrimination. The advertise that they are a pet friendly hotel. I don't know how Von ever got the job as a General Manager, but with her poor customer service and rude speach and acting as thiugh she was better than us, we will complain and don't recomend staying at this hotel, so we didn't. If you woukd lime drama and very rude customer service, please stay at this property. Which wasn't very clesn from the looks of it and needs updating. I also asked her to let me speak to the other hotel on her phone in which she refused to and wouldn't call for me. This lady Von needs to b demoted and reeducated on customer service and possibly find other employment since she didn't seem to love customers.

• Stayed November 2013
north geogia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed here on business about a month after the change of management. Everything was very clean and acceptable. The property is kind of hidden away off the highway in the mall parking lot. I heard no noise and I am a somewhat light sleeper. Also, unlike some other reviewers, I like the outside rooms, gives you easy access to your vehicle. All in all, I had a good experience, convenient location, good nights rest and good breakfast. I will return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a deal-breaker for me. As a female who frequently travels alone, I demand inside room access at all hotels. I prefer the Hilton brand of hotels, especially Hampton Inns. Was surprised to arrive and find that this hotel had all outside access rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank KimberlyHaney