“Yummy Date Night”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Yummy Date Night”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I went out for a date night and found this sushi restaurant refreshing. It is in a shopping strip mall (isn't that where you find the best ones?) and a small, maybe 10 table restaurant. We sat at the sushi bar and had some simple rolls (California and Spicy Tuna) along with one of their specialty rolls. The only reason I didn't rate it as "excellent" is because we have had a better spicy tuna roll elsewhere, but the sushi tasted fresh and was wonderfully prepared. The samurai roll had sweet potato in it and it was fun to have something different- a true take on Japanese/American fusion. As odd as it may sound, the toppings were our favorite part. The ginger was some of the most fresh ginger I have ever tasted-and I have eaten a lot of sushi. The wasabi was also really fresh and tasty- not just spicy. This was a great find and we would definitely go back!

• Visited July 2013

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Speechless”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Joanna- you might want to improve your grasp of the english language before you point out the shortcomings of an "uneducated server". Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Small place big on taste and experience”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

If you like sushi, you must find and try this very tiny restaurant at the Ellard Mercantile Exchange.The tuna tartare is excellent combining texture, variety and taste in one small package. the tartare is delivered to your table as a beautiful presentation of color and variety (cucumber, black and red fish roe, wasabi, japanese mayo and of course tuna). Your server will then prepare the dish for eating by mixing the 'tower' right before you. Take your time as each mouthful explodes with different flavors. As expected, the setting is simple and elegant. This is a very delightful and delicious sushi experience and one of the best in the suburbs.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lovely place but damm server....”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My husband found this place from his friends couple months ago..... He told me this is agreat place..... Finally he brought me to here.... we are not sushi lover but they have some kitchen food that we are into it...... also they have free gluten soy sauce that we can't find in other restaurant..... We started keep coming for over four months.....Sometimes twice or three times a week..... Everything are really nice... we are so happy every time we have lunch and dinner here..... We love this place.... Phil and winny are very nice people....NICE FOOD NICE PLACE NICE PEOPLE.....PERFECT!!!! they know what the customer want and need before we ask..... Until one day, I came with my daughter..... It was litle bit busy..... usually winny took order my table but she was busy and another server (seem a new person) came to my table and asking me a private question, and I just say that I came with my daughter... and she kept asking me again even though I did answer her question..... My daughter and I were getting mad and felt uncomfortable.... I and my daughter really dispapointed..... she torn down our happiness with a stupid question...... Phil, winny, we love you guys and your food..... but your new server torn down everything..... I suggest you guys don't hire uneducated server or you will lose your customers because your damm server......... maybe we no more coming back...... we are so disappointed.......

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank joanna s
Georgia
“Best Sushi in Atlanta.”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Have eaten here many times. The food is always fresh. Phil, the owner, is very creative. A local treasure. They always remember our name when we come in.

• Visited May 2013