“Best sleep I ever had at a hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Best sleep I ever had at a hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed last weekend for my daughter's 4th birthday. We had the American Girl Deluxe package and were very impressed with everything. The hotel itself is very beautiful and every employee we met(from the front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant) was warm and friendly. I liked that they "checked in" my daughter and spoke to her directly and made her feel very special. The room was clean, beds were soft. The pillows, however, are FIRM. They were extremely busy, yet our room was quiet. Breakfast was much better than I expected. The food is typical "hotel" food but I really enjoyed having a sit down meal with a waitress and requesting a waffle be made by the chef rather than fighting with other guests to get to the waffle iron to make my own. The value of the package is worth every penny. My daughter loved the decor of the room(pink, pink, pink), the robe to wear, milk and cookies waiting for her and her doll after returning from dinner, and keeping her doll bed. She also received a pink pencil, pink notepad, a sucker of her choice and a gift card she was able to use in the gift shop(three choices: ice cream, candy or chips.) Our package also included breakfast. The dinning room is large and offers plenty of seating so there is no need to get up early and rush downstairs - they have pink tables for the "American Girls" but you may also order room service for an additional 20% fee. The location was great - right off the interstate - two exits from the American Girl shop at North Point Mall - and close to several strip malls with TONS of places to eat, Kroger and gas stations. We will be back since the hotel is pretty close to Stone Mountain. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
We are thrilled that you and your daughter were able to experience our one of a kind Deluxe American Girl Package at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We really appreciate that you took the time to describe your visit and hope that you will tell all of your friends and family about your stay. Thanks so much for staying with us and we hope that we see you again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
roswell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property many times and have always enjoyed it. Hotel is always bustling with weddings and special events, but they are very professional and offer wonderful hospitality. Rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Thanks so much for being a fan of the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. I promise to share all of your nice comments with our associates. We really do appreciate your Marriott loyalty as a repeat guest and we hope that you will return again very soon. Thanks again for staying with us!
Shorewood, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have stayed at quite a few Marriott properties traveling on business. This particular hotel had the friendliest staff of any I have visited. Room service was prompt and courteous, a question on my bill was promptly addressed and every employee I interacted with went above and beyond.

The only negative comment I would have, the pillows.......larger very firm pillows or smaller too soft pillows.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevators, as like with many hotels, the noise travels through the doors.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Thank you for continuing to stay with us at Marriott. I really do appreciate all of your kind words about your room service and your overall staff experience. I will be sharing your feedback concerning our pillows as we work to improve your future stay at our hotel.We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Alpharetta area.
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here for a sports event with a group of about 20 other families. It is really a lovely hotel. The rooms are large and very comfortable, except for the pillows. I would recommend taking your own! The pool area was great, with both an indoor and outdoor pool and a hot tub. There is also a large lobby with multiple seating areas which made it convenient for families to sit and visit. We had good service the entire time we were there. My main complaint is parking. The hotel seemed to be hosting several events during the time we were there, and the parking lot was full. The hotel had someone out to direct guests to an adjacent parking area, which I appreciated. However, it was raining and the walk was a little long to get inside the building. Overall I enjoyed the hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room with only a stairwell next to us. It was very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy that you had such a nice stay with us. I do apologize that we had limited parking due to several hotel functions during your stay. Thanks again for staying at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

If you're visiting on the north side of Atlanta, this is a great place to stay, especially over the weekend.

The hotel is well booked early in the week and you could expect to pay up to $200 per night. we were in-town for four nights, Thursday through Sunday and were able to get a rate of $67 per night, including access to the Concierge Lounge (not open on weekends).

The rooms was spacious and comfortable - my wife was impressed (believe me, that is hard to do). It's convenient

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
I am so happy to hear that you and your wife had such an enjoyable experience. Your feedback really means a lot to us here at the Alpharetta Marriott. I promise to share your kind comments with all of our associates. Thank you so much for staying with us!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a business function. The hotel is very clean, rooms are comfortable and the lounges are very nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly throughout the entire stay.

My only complaint was the breakfast buffett on saturday was $18.95 which I found to be a bit pricey.

They do offer free parking which is a nice feature for the guests.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
We really do appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott. I will be sharing all of your comments including breakfast pricing with our team. We hope that you will stay with us the next time that your travel plans bring you to the Alpharetta area. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights here for my nieces 6th bday. This hotel has an American girl package. My niece loved this hotel. Pink everything in the room. Very convient to mall and restaurants. Breakfast buffet was also very good. Had omelette and waffles made to order. Nice gift store with snacks and drinks. Also had indoor and outdoor pool. Would stay here again. Staff friendly.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I am so happy to hear that you had such a nice American Girl experience. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.