“Pleasant weekend stay”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Milton, Georgia
“Pleasant weekend stay”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at this Marriott over a weekend in October. Very nice and comfortable. Vidalia's is the in house restaurant, food is good and nice variety. The room was comfortable and clean. Service by the front desk staff was superior.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thanks for staying with us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We truly appreciate all of your great feedback about our superior food and service that you received during your stay. Be assured that I will share your feedback with our hosts. Please come back and visit us again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Had a wonderful stay this weekend.

I was in town for a wedding, and could have not asked for a better hotel.

Asked online for an early check-in-got it.

Room service delivered on time.

Staff is very friendly. Room was very clean.

Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
We appreciate all of the nice feedback about your stay with us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We are so happy that you had such a great experience while attending your wedding and we look forward to seeing again very soon. Thanks for staying with us!
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this Marriott at least 4 times (Platinum Members) prior and have always been pleased, however this time was different. PROS: First I have to say that the staff was friendly. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The location is great. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. Parking is FREE. Nice pool. They have the "American Girl" experience, so a lot of little girls come in with their "American Girl" dolls. Very cute. The restaurant downstairs has a very good breakfast buffet. Great for families. Now the "unfortunate" part. We were in bed by 11:15 p.m. The folks in the room next to us, (there were 4 or 5 people in the room) were very loud. They were laughing and yelling loudly. Very obnoxious. This went on for a while so I called the front desk. I was told that "security" would come up. Five minutes later I hear the phone ring next door and then we hear them laughing and yelling even more because "someone complained that they were loud". Security never came up. The "guests" finally went downstairs and when they came back up around 1:45 a.m. they were at it again, but fortunately for us only a short time. I know it is not the hotel's fault that some of their guests are rude and do not take other people into consideration, but honestly the way these people acted they would have been better off camping somewhere in the backwoods without others around. I am not happy with how the hotel handled this issue and next year when I go back to Alpharetta, GA I will look for another place to stay. Again, I know this can happen anywhere, but it makes adifference, I think, to nip it in the bud from the beginning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allycat2011
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
I am very sorry that noise from other guests kept you from having a great experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will contact me at your convenience so I can make it right. Thanks again for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you very soon.
Shakopee, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am a platinum member with marriott and I received zero treatment. I did not get access to the members lounge, room upgrade, drink tickets or any thing that shows respect to frequent travelers or members of marriott rewards. Very disappointing stay. I would not stay at this hotel again. Poor service and they charge for everything. Not worth the stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel if you expect good treatment as a frequent traveler. They do not respect...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sir D
Mark V, Director of Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
I am very sorry that you didn’t have a good stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Our #1 goal is your total guest satisfaction. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience and I promise to make it right. My direct number is 678-624-3102. Thanks for staying with us!
Arizona
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We flew in on the red eye Marriott Alpharetta. The hotels proximity to the Verizon Amphitheatre was a huge plus for us, as we were coming to town to see a show.
We had heard the hotel shuttled guests to the show, but we opted to take a car service, which the front desk arranged for us.
I booked our room for the Thursday night prior, even though we would be arriving Friday morning at approximately 7:00 am. We wanted to be sure we could avoid having to wait for a 3:00PM check in. It took me no less than three phone calls to be sure our late arrival /early morning would be ok. Even though we are Marriott “Gold” members, with credit card on file. During the final call, the woman suggested I download the Marriott mobile app, so I could check in at my leisure, saving me further apprehension
Great idea. However I never received the check in notification, so I was unable to check in as planned.
I called the hotel a final time from the airport, and they assured me the room would be held.
After picking up the rental car (Atlanta ‘s airport has a great train to the rentals), bleary eyed, we drove to the hotel.
Upon arrival we were greeted by warm smiles, and a friendly hello.
I guess there were no upgrades available, because we weren’t offered one, we were directed to our room. A standard fare Marriott. Tidy, and fresh, albeit a bit threadbare in the sheets dept.
The Concierge lounge was only open one of the days during our trip but it was well stocked, and clean.
The one disappointment about the hotel was the lack of Room Service. There is minimal food service during the dinner hour, and nothing available during the day, and for late night. For weary travelers such as us, logging many miles in a short amount of time, kicking back in the room, relaxing, watching a movie and ordering some food is very much desired.
The highlights of the hotel are the way the staff is warm and inviting, the free parking, and the small onsite sundry store.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator. This hotel is like a giant maze, and if you are like us, and get a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
We really appreciate your business and I want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Please accept my apology for not sending you your check-in notification while using the new Marriott Mobile Application. I promise to review all of your feedback with our front desk team as we work to improve this process. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Alpharetta area.
Buford, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was a great experience. Staff went above and beyond!! VERY clean and food from room service was good. Saw cute things for American Girl. Will have to bring my daughter when she is old enough. Thanks for a great weekend away from the kids!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
We really appreciate your feedback about your great experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I hope that you will bring your daughter to experience our American Girl Pink Deluxe Package. It’s a one of a kind hotel visit that every girl should experience. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit very soon.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We used this hotel as home base while exploring Atlanta for a long weekend. It provided customary Marriott room sleeping quality, a decent fitness center and extra-friendly southern hospitality from the staff. We enjoyed a good breakfast in the concierge lounge one morning since we were Marriott members, and the attendant on duty was extremely pleasant and accommodating. Didn't have time to check out the pool and dining area - both looked nice. The ride into town was an easy 30 minutes - you'll need 50 cents for a toll. The weekend rates were exceptional - a very good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate all of the nice feedback about our product and service. I will be sure to share your comments with our stellar concierge associates about your pleasant and accommodating experience. Thanks again for staying with us!