“solid business hotel that hits on some cylinders really impressively”

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Chicago, Illinois
“solid business hotel that hits on some cylinders really impressively”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Caters to the weary business traveler and does a lot of the little things right. Front desk staff are enthusiastic and briskly professional. Bar is terrific and also almost jaw-droppingly full at odd times, roiling with well-dressed but alcohol-flushed business extra-curricular activity. The chefs are solid and have a couple of knockout dishes.
Beds are comfy but well-travelled,as is the decor. It's sorta shabby and kinda cramped and noisy (highway whooshing and roaring with trucks, building and elevator sighing and chuffing, laughing drunk travellers at odd times). It's not off-putting and very well kept up; no complaints about water pressure/toilets or wireless, electricity or tv service etc. -- that's a good sign, in my experience. When all the stuff you don't notice works, there's a hotel engineer who knows what s/he is doing.
Never had the Concierge-level amenities on level 8, but had a really nice room up there and the inbound elevator people seemed to be resolutely headed for someplace where there was decent grub.
Rooms have a small fridge, good bathroom assortment, iron, robe, nicely organized, big TV. Housekeeping is brisk and efficient, as far as I can tell.
Staff is uniformly enthusiastically dedicated and very engaged in Alpharetta, and I've found them a joy to be around.

Room Tip: It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
We do appreciate all of your outstanding feedback about your recent stay with us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Be assured that I will share your comments with all of our brilliant hosts that you noted in your review. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to see you again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Wymondham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for business users, rooms clean and well equipped. There is a gym with good range of reasonably modern equipment.

The staff are exceptionally friendly, welcoming and efficient, our servers took time to get to know us and remember us very quickly. Food options fairly limited but of good quality and value, the bar has a above average selection of beers on tap and spirit selection.

Overall professional, welcoming with very good attention to detail

( as a byline, I was waiting in reception one morning and watched the general manager spot some rubbish left by some guests so he cleared the table himself rather than send an employee to do it which I believe demonstrates respect for his fellow colleagues, which I thought was nice)

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate all of the great feedback about your service experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We are very proud to have an exceptional general manager who leads by example and continues to set the bar high for the outstanding service that you received during your stay. Thanks agin for staying with us and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to our hotel.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

This Marriott is your standard business hotel. The rooms are clean but some can be noisy as the hotel is right off the highway. Nancy in the concierge lounge is an awesome lady. Book early. They always sell out during the week.

• Stayed November 2013
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
We really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to review your experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. You can be assured that I will share your nice feedback with Nancy in our concierge lounge. She is an awesome host who really goes out of her way to make you feel at home after a long day at work. Thanks so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Shallotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed with this hotel. Family trip here to do some outlet shopping. Friendly and helpful staff who were more than happy to help with directions and dining recommendations. Beautiful facility and very convenient to the highway for access to nearby shopping areas and dining options. Rooms were comfortable and we love the bedding. Plenty of seating area in lobby and an excellent business center. Highly recommend this hotel

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I was very happy to hear that your family was so impressed with your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We do appreciate all of the excellent feedback associated with your stay and hope that you visit us during your next shopping trip. Thanks for staying with us!
Milton, Georgia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at this Marriott over a weekend in October. Very nice and comfortable. Vidalia's is the in house restaurant, food is good and nice variety. The room was comfortable and clean. Service by the front desk staff was superior.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thanks for staying with us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We truly appreciate all of your great feedback about our superior food and service that you received during your stay. Be assured that I will share your feedback with our hosts. Please come back and visit us again very soon.
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Had a wonderful stay this weekend.

I was in town for a wedding, and could have not asked for a better hotel.

Asked online for an early check-in-got it.

Room service delivered on time.

Staff is very friendly. Room was very clean.

Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
We appreciate all of the nice feedback about your stay with us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We are so happy that you had such a great experience while attending your wedding and we look forward to seeing again very soon. Thanks for staying with us!
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this Marriott at least 4 times (Platinum Members) prior and have always been pleased, however this time was different. PROS: First I have to say that the staff was friendly. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The location is great. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. Parking is FREE. Nice pool. They have the "American Girl" experience, so a lot of little girls come in with their "American Girl" dolls. Very cute. The restaurant downstairs has a very good breakfast buffet. Great for families. Now the "unfortunate" part. We were in bed by 11:15 p.m. The folks in the room next to us, (there were 4 or 5 people in the room) were very loud. They were laughing and yelling loudly. Very obnoxious. This went on for a while so I called the front desk. I was told that "security" would come up. Five minutes later I hear the phone ring next door and then we hear them laughing and yelling even more because "someone complained that they were loud". Security never came up. The "guests" finally went downstairs and when they came back up around 1:45 a.m. they were at it again, but fortunately for us only a short time. I know it is not the hotel's fault that some of their guests are rude and do not take other people into consideration, but honestly the way these people acted they would have been better off camping somewhere in the backwoods without others around. I am not happy with how the hotel handled this issue and next year when I go back to Alpharetta, GA I will look for another place to stay. Again, I know this can happen anywhere, but it makes adifference, I think, to nip it in the bud from the beginning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allycat2011
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
I am very sorry that noise from other guests kept you from having a great experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I really appreciate your feedback and hope that you will contact me at your convenience so I can make it right. Thanks again for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you very soon.