“Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta combines luxury and warmth”

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Catawba, North Carolina
“Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta combines luxury and warmth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I have visited the Atlanta/Alpharetta area on many occasions over the last several years to visit with our grandson. Our first visit to this hotel was made because it was close to our grandson's house. Our first visit was a very pleasurable stay due to the courteous staff and the quality and luxury of the rooms, lobby, pool, restaurant, and fitness center. The thing that made us use this hotel exclusively during our stays in Atlanta was the friendliness of the restaurant and bar staff. They made us feel welcomed and right at home engaging us in conversation about our lives and family and we in turn learned about their families and interest also. It is nice to walk into a hotel or any place for that matter and be recognized and greeted by name and with a smile. This is what separates this hotel from others in the area.

Room Tip: My wife and I prefer higher floors so we can see more of the surrounding area and prefer a room clos...
Green Features: The practice that has stood out to us during our stays has been the not needlessly laundering towels and washcloths that have not been used or soiled.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I truly appreciate all of your nice feedback about our hotel and our hosts who provided you and your family with the outstanding service that you have come to expect from Marriott. I will be sure to share your review with all of our associates who have brilliantly hosted your family during your first stay with us. We are so glad that you chose our hotel during your visit to your grandson’s house and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was my first trip to the Atlanta area and this hotel is located near the company campus I was visiting.

Driving from the airport you can go straight through Atlanta to get to Alpharetta or around it and I trusted my car satellite navigation and went straight through. It was busy but fine. I landed in Atlanta at 17:30 and was in my hotel by 19:00.

It is a really nice Marriott..rooms and decor all fresh. Service was warm and friendly.

There as a huge breakfast buffet or you could want you wanted off the menu..The Eggs Benedict were great.

They have a "Concierge Lounge" rather than an Executive Lounge. In the lounge soft drinks and snacks are free but you pay for beer and other alcoholic drinks.

There are plenty of places to eat in the area for lunch and dinner.

I very pleasant stay and I will stay there again when I visit Alpharetta again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I am so happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I will be sure to share your comments about your breakfast with our kitchen & restaurant hosts. Thanks again for taking time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We decided on a whim to stay in the area that night and looked online for a good price, yet a nice hotel. It's always scary just booking online. I am very picky about where I stay. We found this Marriott and it ended up being only $76 with our AAA card. We arrived at the hotel and couldn't believe how nice it was. Had a nice, fresh scent throughout and the rooms were so clean. The bathroom was very large and the bed was very comfortable. The lady at the front counter couldn't have been nicer. We will definitely stay here again anytime we are in the area!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor in the corner - we happened to be in an adjoining room even though it was j...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate all of the great comments about our product and the service that you received while your family was a guest of the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Thanks so much for staying with us!
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Fairly new renovation and the place looks great. Staff was very friendly and helpful from getting our reservation right (our bad) to finding my wife's lost camera. Location and price are ideal. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We needed a feather and scent-free room. They got it right!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
I appreciate the nice feedback from your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott. I promise to share all of your great comments with our hosts. Thanks again for spending your wedding weekend with us and we hope to see you again very soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great hotel out on the north end of Alpharetta, close to class A offices and upscale neighborhoods. The best spot to stay if you are going to the N GA Premium outlets also. We had the opportunity to attend a wedding this past weekend nearby and decided to stay there vs driving 35 miles back to Mableton afterwards. So glad we did! The rooms are very nice as you would expect from Marriott and breakfast was excellent and the service very warm and friendly.
They also offer wedding room block packages that are hard to beat! We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I am happy to hear that you had such a nice experience at our hotel. We hope that you will come back and see us again very soon!
Greenwood, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

A great weekend was spent using the American Girl package. Check in for my daughter and her friend was wonderful. The staff was great! The details for the girls were great....a bed for the doll, milk and cookies delivered to our room each night, swimming, a great bed to sleep in, and breakfast (yummy!). Everyone was so nice. This was our third time using the American Girl package and we hope to use it again in 2014.

• Stayed December 2013
Mark V, Director Of Hotel Operstaions at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
I really appreciate all of the awesome feedback about your American Girl Package weekend! We are truly honored to have you stay on our American Girl Package 3 times. It is so nice to hear that your American Girl Package experience gets better with every visit to the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We are honored to hear that you enjoyed your time at our popular indoor pool and were treated to our fresh and chef crafted breakfast in our restaurant. Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your American Girl experience and we look forward to having your family visit us for your 4th American Girl stay very soon.
Canfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was a lovely stay made that way by the lovely, friendly staff employed at Atlanta Marriott
Alpharetta. The hotel was sparkly clean, the maid staff helpful friendly. Front desk helped me find my way around town and recommended restaurants. A pleasant experience. I was in town to celebrate my Grandsons sixth birthday. The staff spoke with him wished him Happy Birthday and made him feel special (which he is/to me) The Security Guard, Mr. Cozi, even bought him a bag of Cheetos, (he picked out his own gift) now my grandson wants to be a policeman!! The wait staff was patient to us (you know 6 year old boys can be messy) I will stay there again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
We really appreciate all of your nice feedback about your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I promise to share all of your great feedback with our Marriott hosts who provided you and your family with a such a great service experience. I also wanted to thank you for sharing your feedback about Kosi Jones who is our Loss Prevent Chief. Kosi is a brilliant host who always goes out of his way to make you feel safe and secure. I will make sure that he receives special recognition for his outstanding guest service. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon!