“Not a good Marriott”

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions in the last three years (20 nights) due to company functions. The hotel staff does not go out of their way to solve issues. As a 100+ night a year traveler I can say this is my least favorite Marriott. I did a survey once and a manager called and "jumped" on me for the poor survey. I would just as soon stay anywhere except this location. The breakfast food has a long way to go to catch up with the other Marriott locations.

Room Tip: Older location....needs updating
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank steve m
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to leave us feedback about your hotel experience. I am very sorry that we have not lived up to your expectations by not delivering the level of service that we are famous for at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I promise that if you give me a call at (678) 624-3102 I will make it right. Thanks again for all of you past business and I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I love the option of the indoor and outdoor pool and the American Girl experience. Most of the staff is nice. The bartenders are great. The room was average. Years ago the rooms were always spotless but the are nowhere near as clean as the previous years. I do love that they are now providing refridgerators in most rooms. I do love this hotel but I can tell over the years that the service has gone down. I had to leave a note to have my comforter and sheets changed. The comforter was VERY dirty all around the edges.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay. I would welcome a chance to discuss your hotel experience with you at your convenience. Please feel free to give me a call at (678) 624-3102 and allow me to resolve any issue to your complete satisfaction. Thanks again for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I am a Starwood loyalist but this hotel makes the Marriott brand proud. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. Checkin process was efficient and friendly. They have a good focus on customer experience and value. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are so honored that you took the time to recognize all of our hosts at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Thanks so much for highlighting your friendly check-in and the level of detail that all of our housekeepers gave to your guest room. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your comfortable stay and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was wonderful. Stayed there thre days for a recent wedding. The rooms were well appointed and very clean. Housekeeping was great. Had the buffet breakfast which was very good with lots of choices. The front staff was exceptional and very helpful. Only two things I would complain about. First unfortunately , it seems all higher end hotels (which you pay more anyways) cahrge an exorbararent amount for wifi access (14.99 per day). while your mid hotels (hampton, Holiday inn express, etc.) are free. Really why??? Alos on a more serious note one of the guests cars was keyed in the lot and windshield broken (luckily not me).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We are happy to hear that you had such an exceptional experience during your three days at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel for your recent wedding event. It was so nice to hear that you had such a great service and food experience at our hotel. Be assured that we do understand how important it is to offer a free internet option which is why we offer complementary internet access in our public space area vs. a charge in our guest room. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you come back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I am a Marriott Elite member and stay often in many venues. This hotel is one of my favorites, although the restaurant is closed for lunch. All else is classic Marriott. The room prices are lower in the lovely Alpharetta area. The employees are polite , although not super knowledgeable of the area.

Stayed: May 2014
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We appreciate that you took the time to provide all of us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel with your feedback. Thanks for being both an Elite member and one of our loyal repeat guests. I do promise to share your feedback with our hosts around getting better at being more knowledgeable about the local area. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We've stayed at this Marriott several times when traveling to Atlanta for lacrosse tournaments. The hotel is always clean and staff is friendly. The breakfast buffet is delicious! On our last trip we left some clothes in drawer and didn't realize for 48 hours. We called and our clothes arrived at our house the following day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your travel experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. It was so nice to hear that the Alpharetta Marriott is your hotel of choice when you come to the Alpharetta area. I will be sure to share all of your kind comments with all of our hosts who continue to exceed your expectations. I was also happy to hear that we were able to send your clothes to you in a timely manner. Be assured that we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you during your next lacrosse tournament.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My 8 year old daughter and I stayed in this hotel when visiting family in Atlanta. The hotel is located in a really nice location. I felt safe with just the two of us staying there alone. As an accountant, I like to be able to conduct business and give my daughter time to have fun when traveling. This hotel offered just that. I was able to take a client meeting during the day and get work done in a beautiful environment and my daughter was able to visit the pool in the afternoon. There are also so many nice restaurants and a great park near by with a dog park, which she loved. We have stayed here twice in the last 6 months and plan to stay here every time we visit.

• Stayed: January 2014
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

We truly appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your recent stay at that Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I am so happy that we were able to offer you and your daughter such a beautiful experience. I promise to share all of your nice feedback with all of our hosts. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time that your business brings you back to our hotel.