“Wonderful!!”

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated like a million bucks! We went to celebrate my daughters 10th birthday and have the American Girl experience. I am a single unsupported mom and it is hard to do special things like this but I have no regrets. From the check in to the room, the cookies and milk & cookies for the girls and their dolls. To breakfast in the morning to check out. It was all great. Every staff member was happy and helpful. My daughter and her friend want to move in. They said they would work for cookie and milk and their room of course. Thank you Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta for making my daughters birthday one she won't soon forget. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Great for any American experience or a family getaway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank April W
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We are so happy that your daughter had a million dollar American Girl experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Thanks for celebrating your daughters very special 10th birthday with us on our famous American Girl Package. We truly appreciate all of your nice feedback and hope that you will tell all of your friends about your experience. Thank you again for being our guests and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Great check in experience. Front desk staff was very friendly.

All aspects of this hotel are clean and well maintained. Had supper at the bar (chicken tenders, fries, and a blue moon (maybe 2....) Service was friendly and fast, and the food was excellent. Bar food is priced fair. The tenders and fries were under $13, which is pretty good for a nice meal.

Media panel was built into the entertainment stand, with standard ports for plugging your computer or game system into the television. A fridge was hiding under the entertainment center also.

I wanted to expore this hotel as I have never stayed here. I am close to being a gold member, which allows me access to the club level. But as a lowly silver member, I prefer to stay at other Marriott properties that provide free wifi and free breakfast. However, this was the best sleeping experience I had compared to other Marriott properties. Bed and pillows were perfect for me, but I know that is a personal preference.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason V
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

We appreciate that you took the time to point out all of the great aspects about your stay at Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. It was so nice to hear about your excellent staff, service, and food experience while you were here. Congratulations on being one of our Marriott Rewards Elite Members. As you know it’s a popular program with features like earning and redeeming points for free nights or miles for free flights, no blackout dates and priority check-in. We are also happy to hear that you had the best sleeping experience while you were our guest. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I bought the American Girl package for my daughter's birthday, and it was worth every penny! Before we even arrived, I was contacted by the hotel to make sure everything was perfect and customized for my little girl.

I got the basic package (no pink sheets or robes) and added the birthday upgrade (tiaras for girl and doll, cupcake, cookies & milk delivered to the room, and personalized card from the gm).

Everything was seamless! From check in to check out, we were treated like gold. Even though there were several little girls doing the same thing, the staff made each of them feel special.

Our room was very clean and spacious--everything met my expectations for a Marriott hotel.

The food from the restaurant was very good. We ate dinner and breakfast there, and we had a great experience both times. I really enjoyed the salmon, potatoes and green beans.

Overall, I really had no complaints. My daughter had a blast meeting other girls at the movie showing and the pool. The staff did a great job making her feel like a princess. If you have a little girl who is into American Girl, I highly recommended this experience. She will not be disappointed!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shayla A
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We are so thrilled that your daughter had the perfect American Girl experience while celebrating her birthday here at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Our hosts will be so excited to hear that they made your daughter feel like a princess during her special weekend. We really appreciate that you took the time to point out all of the many things that makes our American Girl Package such a great value. Thanks again for staying with us and hope that you will come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Check in fast and easy, staff recognised I was tired and got me up to my room quickly which was welcomed.
Rooms are of average size, if anything a little small but functional.
Mini bars are empty, 2 bottles of water left in the room that you have to pay for, also Wifi is chargeable which I find so annoying.....come on guys it has to be free....

Beds are comfortable, I guess just the standard for Marriott

The thing the stood out for me for this hotel, was the restaurant. Although very quiet as hotel restaurants are but food was good, waitress very helpful......the shrimp was to die for .....well done

Staff here were great from bar to restaurant, to front desk.....

Sort out the wifi, the crazy chargeable water and you will have more happy customers....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I am so happy to hear that all of our hotel hosts provided you with such a great guest experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I promise to share your feedback with our bar, restaurant, & front desk hosts who made sure that you had such a brilliant service experience. I have to agree with you that our shrimp is one of our menu favorites and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our chef and the rest of his culinary team. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope that you will come back and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had family and friends coming in to Atlanta from different states for a big family event. The hotel was very cooperative in trying to book guest's rooms near one another. We ate at the hotel restaurant one evening and the food was okay.
My one complaint was the rooms with odd numbers felt like they were sitting in the middle of the expressway 400. Do not book these rooms if you want a peaceful night's sleep. It got so bad that by the second day, we had to change our room.

Room Tip: Do not chose rooms with odd numbers as they face the expressway and are vry noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan R

Thanks for having your big family event at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Please accept our apology that your didn’t get a peaceful night’s sleep. We value your feedback which we will use to improve your future guest experience. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta is my go-to spot in Alpahretta. I have stayed here a few times in the past year, both for meetings and general business travel. Rooms are first rate, in good condition, with comfortable beds and good showers. The meeting rooms and ballrooms are also very nice, and there is a good variety of setups for different size meetings and events. Staff are excellent across the board. The lobby bar is lively, bartenders are all excellent, and they have a good menu, though the space is on the small side and can fill up if there is a meeting going on. The restaurant is nothing special, but good enough, and Alpharetta has no shortage of good places to eat. The workout room is adequate, focused mostly on cardio equipment, though smaller than I expect for a hotel of this size. Location is excellent, right off GA400, and close to many major company offices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We are so happy to hear that the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel is your go-to spot when traveling to the area. Thanks so much for all of your nice feedback about our first rate rooms and our excellent staff who made your stay so pleasant. We appreciate business and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel had an event going on during the time I was there, so there were a lot of kids in the pool, an temp of water was rather cold. But hotel staff was friendly, rooms were cleaned Will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thanks so much for all of your nice feedback about our great hotel, convenient location & the friendly hosts that took care of you during your stay. We appreciate that you took the time to post a review and hope that you will come back and see us again on your next trip to the area.