“This marriott was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!”

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Lubbock, TX
“This marriott was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My mother and I were traveling and needed a last minute place to stay. The reservations clerk was extremely quick, efficient, and friendly. He let us know all our pricing and rooming options. Based on his recommendation, we bought the breakfast package for a little more. The breakfast package was well worth it. The food and wait staff were exquisite. I loved the made to order omlets. The hotel was very clean and well kept. Also, we didn't meet a hotel staff member that wasn't friendly and helpful! GREAT GREAT STAY! I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area! My mother and I thoroughly enjoyed our overnight visit!

• Stayed July 2014
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
We are so happy to hear that you rated the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel as one of your best hotel stays. I will be sure to let all of our hosts know that you found their service to be extremely quick, efficient, and friendly. Thanks so much for sharing all of your outstanding feedback about your great stay with us and we hope that you will come back and visit us again on your next trip to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A great stay for me and my granddaughter. They do the American Girl Doll package right. My granddaughter enjoyed her birthday and how important everyone at the hotel made her feel. The upgrade to the birthday package was great as well, my granddaughter enjoyed the cup cakes as a night cap.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We are so happy to hear that you had such a memorable American Girl Weekend with your granddaughter at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I am so happy that your granddaughter enjoyed all of the special attention that came with our famous American Girl Birthday Package. Thank you for all of your great feedback and we hope that you will come back to stay with us again on her next birthday.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Atlanta Marriot Alpharetta and it was absolutely well worth it; the little one loved it almost as much as the American Girl store. Based on the following categories, here are the points on a scale of 0-10, with 10 being the best:

1. Cleanliness- 10
2. Amenities- 8 (the coffee maker was a bit of a disappointment; the coffee was poor quality and the coffee maker uses these cheap plastic disposable coffee filter holders. We had brought our own coffee, but had no actual coffee maker to brew our coffee with and there was no microwave on premises for guest use)
3. Housekeeping- 10
4. Comfort- 9

We got the American Girl package and based on the advise of another member, we got the package for 1 night only, and just the basic package at that. As it turned out, that was the smart thing to do for us. First, we saved about $60. Second, even if we had gotten the package the second night, there wouldn't have been another American Girl bed, plate of cookies, or gift card. We did not have to change rooms for the second night though, so that was good. As for the basic package versus the All Pink Package, the only difference would have been that the beds would have been covered with pink sheets and there would have been a pink bathrobe for the little one. The pink robe is not complimentary; it's only for your use during your stay, and the robes appear to be all one size, as I saw a little girl wearing one that appeared to be a bit small for her.

The buffet breakfast at Vidalia's was absolutely fabulous: fresh, flavorful, and coffee heavenly (the waiter later told me that it was Starbuck's).

Overall, the AG package was well worth it. I think any girl with an AG doll would love this.

Room Tip: Request for mini fridge; not all rooms have them, and as for the American Girl package, it's pro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
It is so nice to hear that your American Girl Package was “Absolutely Worth It “during your visit to the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Thanks for the excellent ratings on the service that you received as a guest of our hotel. Our culinary team will be excited to hear about your fabulous, fresh, and flavorful breakfast buffet experience at our Vidalia's restaurant. We hope that your will share your American Girl story with all of your friends and that you will come back to see us again very soon.
Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my young son while in town visiting friends during the 4th of July week. The check-in process was smooth as I am a gold member and front desk staff friendly. The rooms were basic, but nice and clean and updated. We stayed on the 4th floor and stayed in a room with 2 queen beds (non-smoking) mid-way down the hall away from the vending and elevators. This hotel was quiet and you couldn't hear much from adjacent rooms, which is always a plus when staying with small children. There was no view to speak of, but that was not an issue for us. The beds were comfy and the rooms were cooled comfortably (not blasting ac and difficult to control like some hotels). This hotel had a little store in the lobby which was nice and stocked with ice cream and other item you could purchase (food and sundries). There was an indoor and outdoor pool both very clean and nice. The indoor pool was adapted for the handicap and had a lift. It had all the updated amenities and chairs and umbrellas.

There were two restaurants, a sit down style and an informal bar area that served food as well. The world cup was on so it was lively but fun. The hotel served Starbucks coffee and the food was very good. They had a buffet breakfast every morning with belgian waffles (very important feature to my son) and a omelet station. The breakfast was excellent each day, fresh and yummy fruit and nice selections overall.

I rented a car from the onsite Hertz office which was easy and efficient. I got there after it closed on a Saturday around 4:00, but there was a kiosk in the business center adjacent to the office. I highly recommend that IF you rent a car from this hotel you MUST place your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival. This isn't a typical rental car agency and are very limited in their selection. The kiosk is not automated, so if you end up using the kiosk, you conference with an actual Hertz advisor. They WILL definitely try to push the insurance, so hold your ground if you aren't up for the hard sell. Otherwise, the process was smooth. I did rent a few days in advance and called the day before to guarantee they would have my car on property. Otherwise, it was an easy and convenient rental process. Just call ahead if you are renting.

Location of this hotel was excellent and there are plenty of amenities nearby. Loads of shopping, neighborhoods and it is very near the MARTA park and ride too. Although, it is not walking distance. It took about 45 minutes by car with light traffic to reach from the Atlanta airport. I was concerned about the traffic going back to the Airport, so I booked a car service through the front desk. The driver was on time and we lucked out on traffic going back (4th of July week) to the airport.

I had only one small issue, really a pet peeve of mine. When I called for a wake up call on my final morning (scheduled for 6:30 am) the call came an hour late at 7:30 am. I had an alarm on my phone set as back up, so I woke up in time. But this is my little pet peeve whenever I travel, the wake up calls are always late or never come. When I called the front desk to order the wake up call the night before I mentioned my concern and they guaranteed me the call would be timely. Oh well.. at least I had a contingency plan.

Otherwise, great stay, nice food, great location, helpful front desk and I would return to this hotel again if my travels bring back to Alpharetta.

Hope this helps.

1 Thank AZCMomof3
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
I want to thank you for providing such a detailed review about your recent stay with us over the 4th of July weekend at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I will be sharing your feedback with my team as we work to improve your future guest experience at our hotel. Please accept our apology that you didn’t receive your walk-up call. I promise to have my Director of Engineering check our wake up call system so that we can resolve this issue from repeating in the future. Thanks again for all of your great feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our hotel.
Danville, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nice hotel and conveniently located to highway - but it was super noisy. I had room 419 that backed up onto the highway. At 11:30 p.m. I did not hear the traffic - but was woken about 5 with super loud trucks etc. The A/C was quite so I could not use that to drown out the noise. Impossible to get back to sleep. Had breakfast with my colleagues in the restaurant. Fresh food with options between buffet and menu. Did not use the gym but got a free pass to a nearby really nice gym at LifeTime Fitness. My customer's office is nearby so I will be returning to the area but I will definitely ask for a room on the other side of the hotel and bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Do NOT get room on side facing the highway. I do not know if the other side is better, but I do kno...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thanks for being our guest at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Please accept our apology that you didn’t get a good night’s sleep during your stay. We truly appreciate all of your nice feedback about our chef’s many fresh options that you experienced during your stay. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated like a million bucks! We went to celebrate my daughters 10th birthday and have the American Girl experience. I am a single unsupported mom and it is hard to do special things like this but I have no regrets. From the check in to the room, the cookies and milk & cookies for the girls and their dolls. To breakfast in the morning to check out. It was all great. Every staff member was happy and helpful. My daughter and her friend want to move in. They said they would work for cookie and milk and their room of course. Thank you Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta for making my daughters birthday one she won't soon forget. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Great for any American experience or a family getaway.
2 Thank April W
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are so happy that your daughter had a million dollar American Girl experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Thanks for celebrating your daughters very special 10th birthday with us on our famous American Girl Package. We truly appreciate all of your nice feedback and hope that you will tell all of your friends about your experience. Thank you again for being our guests and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Great check in experience. Front desk staff was very friendly.

All aspects of this hotel are clean and well maintained. Had supper at the bar (chicken tenders, fries, and a blue moon (maybe 2....) Service was friendly and fast, and the food was excellent. Bar food is priced fair. The tenders and fries were under $13, which is pretty good for a nice meal.

Media panel was built into the entertainment stand, with standard ports for plugging your computer or game system into the television. A fridge was hiding under the entertainment center also.

I wanted to expore this hotel as I have never stayed here. I am close to being a gold member, which allows me access to the club level. But as a lowly silver member, I prefer to stay at other Marriott properties that provide free wifi and free breakfast. However, this was the best sleeping experience I had compared to other Marriott properties. Bed and pillows were perfect for me, but I know that is a personal preference.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason V
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We appreciate that you took the time to point out all of the great aspects about your stay at Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. It was so nice to hear about your excellent staff, service, and food experience while you were here. Congratulations on being one of our Marriott Rewards Elite Members. As you know it’s a popular program with features like earning and redeeming points for free nights or miles for free flights, no blackout dates and priority check-in. We are also happy to hear that you had the best sleeping experience while you were our guest. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our hotel.