“Isolated & antiquated, but maybe I'm biased.”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
“Isolated & antiquated, but maybe I'm biased.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while in area for biz. I didn't have a car and there is nothing within walking distance for food. As far as spring hills go this is an older one. The rooms are not as big as the newer ones and the furnishings, fixtures and decor are aged. For example, immediately preceding this stay I was at a spring hill in Tampa and the bath was luxurious with beautiful marble tile floor and shower. Conversely, this loc was dingy ceramic tile, and the caulking from tub to tile was deteriorated. Also, what's up with the tiny bedside table type TV stand?

Maybe my experience was compromised by the lack of restaurants within reach and my previous experience at a newer hotel. It was what it was nonetheless. Oh, and what's up with no beer/wine in the market?? I needed something serious to wash down the microwave White Castle chicken sandwich I bought from the market (since I couldn't go out for dinner).

Overall, less than stellar experience. A colleague stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn on the other side of the interstate and had a wonderful experience. Huh.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Charleston, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

This property is just off of exit 11 on Hwy 19/400. It sits in a secluded spot just off one of the main drags in Alpharetta with several Marriot properties nearby. Very quite area with a nice park next door and nice sidewalks for a run or walk. The nice neighbor hoods, city park and a couple of large corporate offices and hotels on Deerfield Parkway draws a police presence which is reassuring for personal security or while on an evening walk. This facility is well maintained, very clean with approximately 80 rooms. It’s rates have consistently been the lowest between comparable facilities in Alpharetta. With a senior discount I have gotten weekend rates from 55 to 70 dollars in the last year. I have stayed at this facility on several occasions and the one thing that stands out above all else is the professionalism and courtesy of the staff. I recommend this facility to my friends and if they keep their rates reasonable will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ProgressiveHobo
Madison Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

We stopped here for one night in late September (Thursday) and we met by a wonderful person named Angela (I think - not good with remembering names). She was very informative and cordial and we had a great room - number 117. It was near the fitness room and pool and close to the desk and breakfast area. The room was great and we really enjoyed the lay out and the convenience. Breakfast the next morning was more than I have come to expect with Springhill Suites. It was really good and was kept well stocked. The lady handling that chore was very nice and very proficient. The location is a little bit hard to find but it is in a beautiful location that is close to many neat places while being secluded. And it is just off GA 400 and a fairly quick drive to most everywhere (by Atlanta standards though).

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were lucky enough to find the last room available at this hotel on Friday night, Labor Day weekend at 11:30 PM. The staff was all great and everything. But when we opened the door to room #111 we were hit with a musty smell that was overpowering. Because it was late and all hotels in Atlanta were booked up we stayed.

It is now Tuesday morning and my daughter is still at Egleston in ICU after suffering a severe asthma attack after spending one night in this room. The next morning, my wife also had a severe headache from the musty-ness of the room. It was like the carpet was still wet from being cleaned or something.

We tried to let the staff know about this but we were in a hurry to get where we were going and the front desk person was busy. I called to speak to the manager who was not in, and got to leave a voice mail, but my call from 3 days ago has not been returned.

I am sure this is a nice hotel, but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Had a weekend stay with family to visit local attractions. There were 6 of us total and we had enough space with 2 double beds and the sofa bed. The rooms aren't huge but again we all fit with our luggage. As listed with another review, you do have to move the TV cabinet/nightstand over to use the pull-out sofa but that wasn't a big deal. Our first room the air conditioning did not seem to cool well so we asked to be switched to another room. We were given another room with no problems. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast had a good selection of your standard amenities along with some hot food--eggs, ham, and sausage on different days. My kids loved trying the different flavored waffles--strawberry on one day and blueberry the next day. Overall for the rate that was paid for this hotel it is a great deal and a good place to stay. Some updates could be done but honestly that's not what we are about. We want an affordable clean place with cool rooms, decent breakfast, and convenient eating nearby. This hotel had all of that.

2 Thank suitsma
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I rated this as very good, because it was a great value. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. We payed a great price for the room so we didn't expect much. The room was large and clean however the bed was not too comfortable and the temperature of the room was definitely not cool enough. May or may not return, but definitely a good hotel at a good price.

Macon, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my daughters birthday with a trip to the American Girl store. We chose the hotel solely based on the good tripadvisor ratings. Big mistake. I'm fairly sure most of the great rankings here are made by hotel employees.

First of all, these are not "suites". Our king "suite" simply had a wall half dividing the space between the king bed and the sofa bed. The area is so small that we had to slide over the TV/cabinet just so the sofa bed could pull out all the way. Luckily, the TV cabinet was nightstand-sized and not like a large entertainment system. The "kitchen" area is simply a microwave, fridge, and sink. Beware of these small rooms.

The hotel is also a bit dated. I don't see how they could possibly put any more yellow in the guest rooms. There was a nice-sized insect in our bathroom to greet us in the morning. I even took a picture of it. We were on the pool side of the building. There are halogen lights illuminating the pool area, but no heavy curtain to block the light from coming into the rooms.

The "exercise room" was simply a trainer bike and a treadmill. No other equipment. The pool was refreshing and breakfast was adequate -- nothing special, just adequate. As others have said, the popcorn and lollipops were a nice touch and a great hit with the kids.

I will say, however, that the service at the front desk was friendly and excellent.

Room Tip: Watch out for hotel rooms described as "suites"