“Solid Offering; Quiet and Not on Main Road”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was a solid spot to stay. It's tucked away, with trees and vegetation in the back of the property. We didn't hear any road noise, which is good. We used the pool, exercise room, and had the free breakfast. I liked that they have a bowl of fruit in the lobby. Overall, I would stay here again. It's not fancy and could probably use a renovation in the next couple of years, but no major issues. I wish the exercise room was a bit bigger and the eggs in the morning were better, but those are nice-to-haves.

Room Tip: Top floor is always good. Away from elevator. Was quiet.
Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Although there's nothing quite out of the ordinary about this Springhill Suites in Alpharetta (good value, comfortable bed, spacious suite, average decor), both desk clerks the two nights I stayed there were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Offering a list of nearby restaurants and abundant snacks (apples, bananas, popcorn, and warm cookies), they greeted me cheerfully when I came in from a long drive and a day at work. Breakfast includes a nice variety from continental fare to hot items including oatmeal with 6 choices of toppings. A good value hotel with friendly service.

Room Tip: On Monday, experience a free 10-minute neck and shoulder massage. Sign up early!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel in a convenient spot. Coffee, water and popcorn in the lobby and breakfast was very good and included. Liked having room to spread out in the suite. The front desk staff was exceptional at check-in, very helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Thanks to TripAdvisor, I found this gem of a hotel in Alpharetta. Exceptionally quite and clean. The staff were excellent. Breakfast was wonderful. I highly recommend and will use again! Just an overnight stay this time, so I cannot comment on pool or exercise facilities.

Some reviews commented on the breakfast not being stellar, but I can't imagine anyone having an issue with the breakfast I had—scrambled eggs, sausage, homemade waffles, Greek yogurt, REAL oatmeal, plus lots of breakfast breads, cereal, and fruit.

Room Tip: It was a little out of the way, but sometimes that's a good thing. The area was extremely quite...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We attended a concert at Chakkar Farms nearby and this was a great place to stay. Through AAA discount we were able to get this hotel at a GREAT rate. Front desk was a bit busy when we checked in around 3:30pm but quickly got us a room once we hit the desk. Room was clean and quiet. Our one complaint is that the pool was being worked on and closed. It hit 90 degrees that afternoon and we were looking to hit the pool before our concert. Pool maintenance really should be done in the winter time here in Atlanta. Overall, great value for the money we spent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Came to Alpharetta for a concert at Verizon Amphitheatre and stayed in this wonderful hotel. It is in a great location on a quiet street but close to many restaurants and shops. It is also only 15 minutes from the venue. This was a great value and the room was clean and spacious. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Decent no-frills hotel convenient to local businesses in the Alpharetta vicinity. Room was suite style which, in this case, meant carving a normal sized room into bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room components. My king bed was very comfortable, and since I place high value on where I sleep, SpringHill gets good marks. There was a nice TV a bit awkwardly positioned on a swivel mount such that it was best viewed on the sofa but almost entirely viewed from the bed. Sink was located just outside the bathroom – not a big deal for those travelling alone or who don’t care. Bathtub was of the retrofitted variety – angles at 90 degrees meant you couldn’t lean back comfortably, and built-in non-skid pads meant you couldn’t move around gracefully either.

Breakfast was included, and it was better than the average no-frills continental grub. There were scrambled eggs that weren’t too loose, potatoes and peppers, ham, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal with fixings, juice, coffee, and toast.

The exercise room was a postage stamp with two treadmills arranged end to end. That’s it. Nothing else could fit.

Front desk staff was pretty much useless. When I asked for the phone number of the nearest Avis, the attendant refused to help me because the hotel wasn’t a full service Marriott. Instead, she referred me to the Marriott up the road. When I called them, they questioned if I was a guest and then were astonished that my own hotel had referred me. A colleague had a similar experience when a different desk clerk refused to look up his Marriott rewards number, claiming he couldn't do it unless he had previously stayed with them in the past.

It would be nice if the hotel supplied a bottle of water in the rooms to store in the (noisy) refrigerators. Unfortunately the air got quite dry. The windows didn’t open, and the only air came from vent/AC combo which was hard to regulate. Like another colleague, I woke up in the middle of the night hot and dry as a prune; after I adjusted the AC, I woke up a second time a couple hours later in a frosty panic.

All in all, it was a good hotel for a company trying to save money, and the beds were good. Ho Hum for sure, but sometimes that’s what you need.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business