SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 6 July 2007

My family and I traveled out to Alpharetta to spend a week with my fiance's family. Upon researching all hotels from Jonesboro to Cumming, I decided to book with this one.

The hotel looked exactly as it did on the wesbite. The lobby was welcoming with a fireplace, seating area, and dining area. All of the hotel staff was more then helpful and friendly. The rooms and large and include kitchenettes. There is a sofa bed, coffee table, and large desk in every room. Breakfast offered a large assortment of foods and was completely filling! Wireless internet also was handy. The pool was clean and very refreshing in the GA summer heat. The fitness room included several machines and was kept clean. The hotel backs to a large grove of trees that were beautiful! Hotel is also very secluded and quiet but is within walking and driving distance to a number of shops and restaurants. The drive from Atlanta to the hotel is also an easy a pretty drive. We drove from the Jonesboro/Stockbridge area to Atlanta each day of our visit and never ran into heavy traffic. We will stay at this hotel anytime we are in the area!

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 March 2007

I was very disappointed with this hotel. The photos online were quite deceiving. For one, the hotel was undergoing remodeling and it was quite dusty and dirty looking. The beds were terribly uncomfortable, and the fitness center left a lot to be desired. I was mislead by the photos online and it was quite disappointing to arrive in such a beautiful city and to stay in such a drab hotel. Hopefully the hotel is more appealing once they have completed all of the renovations.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2007

I stayed here one night when I needed to attend an event in the area. I was able to get a rerally good rate from Marriott's e-breaks program. I really liked the size of the room and the kitchenette. I picked up prepared food at Whole Foods in Buckhead before heading to the hotel and it was noce to kick back in the room. There is a nice sofa and a dining table in the den/kitchen area. The bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast served in the lobby was better than some free breakfasts.
I was pleased with the experience. There are a number of restaurants of varying price categories within a short drive of this hotel.

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed 17 January 2007

Best hotel in Alpharetta. It is a 3 star because is not a big hotel. But is has the quality of a 5 star. 100% recommended

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed 16 October 2006

We reserved 2 rooms at this wonderful hotel. The rooms, service, and amenities are above average. The rates are reasonable and I highly recommend staying at this wonderful hotel in the center of Alpharetta.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank Marguerite G
Reviewed 9 October 2006

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Springhill Suites in Alpharetta, Georgia -- our first time to this hotel and to the state! We booked this hotel through their own website using our AAA membership and got a rate of $60.00 per night (not including tax) (Saturday night and Sunday night). The hotel is easy to find, off a main drag. It is on a road with another Marriot and what appeared to be other corporate buildings...the road itself is very quiet, and you have a sense of being somewhat secluded and are surrounded by lush plantings and woods -- it was really lovely, but convenient.

The first thing I noticed when walking through the doors was the NO SMOKING policy in the ENTIRE BUILDING. LOVED IT! The check-in process was QUICK. We arrived at 4:00 p.m. on a Saturday and were the only ones checking in -- the front desk staff was friendly, happy and accomodating. The lobby, in my opinion is gorgeous - very welcoming, clean and tasteful. Gorgeous hardwood floors, beautiful furniture, sitting area with fireplace with lovely fabrics in deep, rich colors -- the place really has the look of un-stuffy elegance about it. There is an old fashioned looking popcorn machine in the breakfast area, and free popcorn is available -- self-serve! It was a nice touch after a long day of travel.

We stayed on the first floor - room 107. Our room (for the price) was unbelieveable. A sitting area complete with couch, recliner, desk with telephone, coffee table. There was a small sink, cabinets, microwave and refrigerator, and coffeemaker. The room was spotlessly clean, and again, done in rich wood tones, and beautiful fabrics. The sitting area had a ceiling fan and was somewhat divided from the sleeping area (by a TV on a nightstand) and a 1/2 wall. The king sized bed was REALLY, comfortable, with 5 supersoft pillows...my husband wanted to take one home! There were two good sized nightstands with drawers, and a clock and another phone in this area. There was a small mirrored closet, which had more linen for our use as well as an ironing board and iron. The bathroom was standard - sink outside. The toiletries provided were soap and combo shampoo/conditioner. Another nice thing about this room was that it had a large window, with a sliding pane that actually opened. The nights were cool, so instead of using the airconditioner, we just left the window open. Outside the room was a large grassy area surrounded by trees/woods, so it was very private back there and you couldn't hear any road noise at night...just chirping crickets. The only non-perfect thing about the room was the strong smell of carpet freshner??? that greeted us when we opened the door. Just my opinion, but it was a little strong. But, within an hour or so of us walking around, and having the window opened, it was fine after that.

We took full advantage of the free breakfast offered every morning..this was one reason I chose this hotel -- nothing like not having to venture out, when in a hurry to find breakfast! I thought this FREE breakfast was OUTSTANDING! First, all food items were well marked by signs...so there was no searching for anything. You knew exactly what it was and where it was. The area was also extremely clean, and was replenished regularly. You had your choice of: waffles (not frozen...you made them yourself with a waffle iron), blueberry sauce, hot oatmeal (not the packets of instant...this was already cooked oatmeal), with toppings available of cinnamon, brown sugar, raisons, chopped walnuts, and granola! Delicious!!! Hard boiled eggs, sausage patties, egg patties, 8 different cold cereals, yogurt (2 kinds), fresh fruit cups, various donuts, croissants, muffins, english muffins, bagels, and breads, whole apples (2 kinds) and bananas, and ice water, orange juice, apple juice, tea, coffee and I think espresso (from a machine). They also are nice enough to supply (right at the breakfast bar), small, sturdy, handled plastic bags and styrofoam containers, if you need to take some food with you! We had a noon-flight out, so we put some fruit cups and bagels with peanut butter and 2 apples in a bag, and that was our lunch for the afternoon! Very thoughtful, with the busy traveler in mind.

In the lobby area is a computer with printer for guest use. It was convenient for us to use it to print out our boarding passes...saved us the hassle of doing it at the airport. It had high speed service, so pulling them up and printing them out was quick, quick, quick. We also noticed a high speed wireless connection in our room, although we did not bring our laptop with us.

Monday morning a free paper was left at our door...USA Today - another nice touch -- gave us some reading during our wait at the airport.

We quickly glanced at the "fitness" room -- only consisted of a treadmill and a stairmaster. For anyone looking to get some cardio done, in a more appealing environment, there appeared to be some sort of walking track/sidewalk across the street from the hotel. I'm not sure where it goes or how far, but we did see people running and walking on it, and it appears that these walks are seen throughout the area...my girlfriend has one in the subdivision she lives in. So, a nice option if getting some exercise/fresh air is your goal!

We looked at the pool, but we weren't sure if it was open - and it was too cool to use it anyway. It seemed to be a nice area, clean, with white lounge chairs surronding it. It wasn't very large, but would be suitable. There was also a hot tub in the pool area - but again, we really didn't venture in to look at it up close.

Check out was a breeze -- again, courteous, friendly staff at the desk. We had mentioned that we noticed our bathroom sink was leaking (we just put the trash can underneath it), and the girl said she would make note of it to have the problem corrected right away -- I believe it will be done! Everything seems to run very smoothly here, and is very well taken care of - I didn't notice anything that looked shabby, dirty, torn or "old" looking.

Our two days at the Springhill Suites were wonderful -- it really felt like home away from home! We would not hesitate to stay at this property again, or recommend it! We are not picky people, and have stayed at MANY places in this price range, all over the country. We usually expect a mediocre (or less) experience, but fully anticipate that, given the price...we travel a lot, and therefore need to do it on a budget!! Throw that thought process out the window with this property...the service, the accomodations, the breakfast buffet, in my opinion were all OUTSTANDING!!! I honestly can't believe what we got, given the money we spent!!! HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend! Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank We'reouttahere
Reviewed 4 October 2006

My family has been staying @ this lovely hotel for about 5 years, so needless to say that we love it. Our last visit over the weekend, however, was less than stellar. (I work @ a hotel front desk, so perhaps I'm overly critical.) Nothing major to complain about, except that this is the first time I've felt the newness of the place rubbing off.

First off, the velour blanket for the sofa bed smelled, in my sister's words, "foot-ish." But the front desk was more than happy to provide us with another one. Secondly, the housekeeper didn't empty our trash in the living area, even with us leaving a tip on the desk directly above the trash can, with a note thanking him/her for cleaning our room. Thirdly, the elevator was out of service the morning we departed. I know from a hotel's perspective that this happens from time to time, and that it's an inconvenience to the guests. So I don't blame them for the elevator malfunction. Lastly, while the breakfast options seem to have increased (i.e. refrigerated, prepackaged sliced fruit), the overall quality seems to be down some.

Again, these are all observations on my part, and the $64 rate we had via my father's Marriott member rewards program was awesome. Oh, there was also a good bit of sand accumulated on the bottom of the outdoor hot tub, but at least it was open (they usually close it in early fall for the season). This property is still a great value, and its secluded location is its best selling point. It was a very busy weekend while we were there, so that's probably the main reason for the glitches.

1  Thank brt374