“Weekend stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Fayetteville, United States
“Weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Weekend stay was very nice. Towels were fresh and rolled nicely. I enjoyed the complimentary products, refrigerator and microwave in the room. Would have liked a complimentary bottle of water when checking in as it was very hot...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I'm completely satisfied with this hotel, where I stayed for 3 nights during a seminar. The staff was great and always helpful. The free breakfast was very good and the ladies from the kitchen would come and say good morning to all guests and check if everything was ok with the food. My room was VERY spacious and clean, and so was the bathroom (completely remodeled).
The hotel is located 1 block from a shopping plaza, with different restaurants, and also from an LA Fitness gym, which I loved. This was a great deal for me and I'm definitely staying here again if I happen to be in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jackie S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our Hampton Inn & Suites. It was our pleasure hosting you while in Alpharetta for your seminar. We are so glad you enjoyed our breakfast, staff and newly renovated guestroom and bathroom. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback for others looking to travel to Alpharetta.
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great location. Convenient to everything. Courteous staff. Looking forward to returning next year. Good value for the price. Under construction with remodeling but the staff did a great job. The breakfast had good variety with fresh fruit, hot cereal, waffles, and bagels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Jackson, MS., United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Wait until they are finished with the work on this property. The staff is excellent, but the scope of the work being done makes the stay difficult at this time. The property will be great once the work is done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jackie S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are looking forward to showcasing our newly remodeled property and are pleased to let you know that renovations are expected to be completed by August 15. We hope to see you again soon, so that you can experience the new property!
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Let me start by saying we LOVE Hampton Inn and Suites and try to stay at them anytime we possibly can. This trip was no exception. We booked a two night stay through Hotels.com and all was well..........until we arrived to check in. The young lady at the desk Yhanni (who by the way was wonderful and above and beyond her call of duty trying to make the situation a great one) explained that since we had booked through a third party there wasn't proper information being given about the hotel. We found out they were doing renovations and there was no pool, no fitness center, and no laundry access. Are you kidding me in the middle of busy summer travel season you renovate a pool and fitness center!! Well we he had no choice at the time and we stayed, however very disappointed in this Hampton Inn that it was doing renovations in the busy season and not during a slower time. Also disappointed with Hotels.com that this information was not listed on it's site either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FunTravelerz
We are very sorry that Hotels.com did not make you aware of our current renovations. However, we are very excited about our scheduled improvements to our hotel this year, and look forward to showcasing our renovated property, including pool and fitness center, with you on a future visit to Alpharetta. Again, we apologize that the timing of our renovation coincided with your stay.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Back in May of this year I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Alpharetta when I attended a friends wedding. On the day after my daughter and I arrived in town we needed to get showered before meeting our friends. My daughter went to shower and complained that the water was too hot and that it wouldn't adjust. She went ahead and (somehow) got through her shower without getting badly burned. Next, I went to take a shower and noticed the same thing. The water was scalding hot and would not change temperature no matter how we adjusted. I called maintenance and they arrived fairly quickly, but due to the need for us to get ready, I had to take a shower in the room next door, which had not yet been cleaned after the previous guests stay.

On day three of our stay we went to the pool. It seemed like it needed a little cleaning, and there was no one there, but I figured it was just early. Since it was unlocked my daughter and I went on in and stayed for about 1.5 hours. When we returned to our room I noticed a purple paper had been slid under our door noting that a block of rooms, including our room was going to possibly be without water the next day. I called the desk and spoke with the manager and he agreed that I could leave and receive a refund for that night (I had prepaid). During our call I had noted that we had been at the pool and the manager commented that the pool was not open to which I commented back that I had just spent the better part of 2 hours at the unopened pool. Now, I knew that the hotel was under construction when I reserved the room and was fine with the noise and appearance of things during my stay; however, no water for showers and no plumbing is completely unacceptable. Why would anyone think it was okay to rent rooms under those conditions?

The next day I checked my bank account before I called Hilton to follow up on the refund for the day that I ended up not staying. To my surprise, I had been charged $400 additional to the charge that I had paid a month before. I noted both to the customer service representative when I called. It took between 1-2 weeks to get the $400 back on my account. The refund has been much trickier.

After several calls with Hilton and about a months time, I finally received a check in the mail for the amount of the refund. I cashed this check. A week or so later I received a second check. I called and informed them that I had received a second check and would not be cashing it. The service rep asked me to mail this back. I still have this check because I was waiting for a day that I could stop by the post office and get some sort of tracking on this mail (since Hilton can't seem to figure things out on their own).

Now, today, at the end of July I checked my bank account and there is a charge from Hampton Inn & Suites in Alpharetta, GA. Apparently this hotel has my credit card information and they have decided to arbitrarily charge me whenever they please. This charge overdrafted my account and so I spent a good part of my day once again on the phone with Hilton Hotels and then my bank. I am pending resolution to this matter as of today, but I hope that Hilton Hotels and specifically this Hampton Inn can get their act and their communication and accounting together. I am frankly sick of doing their jobs.

My tip to anyone that stays at this hotel. Just don't, they could be a thorn in your side for months and they might say what you want to hear, but from experience if they do act on it, things may take a while. I used to always stay at Hilton Hotels such as this one, but I am currently rethinking that decision for future trips.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angie H
Jackie S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Hi Angie! I know that we've since spoke since posting this review, however, we wanted to, once again, apologize for the confusion that took place. At this time, It is our understanding that Hilton has adjusted everything and that the situation has been fixed. We are so very sorry for the inconvenience and can assure you that this is not the norm for our property. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase the property next time you're in the area. Thank you again for your patience and understand.
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just came home from staying at this hotel for 2 nights. Yes the hotel was under renovation. I knew that long in advance before I booked, but it was of no inconvenience. In this stage of the renovation, only the exterior was not complete. Yes there was less parking spaces, yes the pool was closed and yes the flower pots outside were not unwrapped but so what.

The interior was totally remodeled new. I did have breakfast. It was acceptable, with fresh fruit, waffle makers, eggs, sausage, and all the other fixings. The room was great. Entirely new and renovated. Bedding was comfortable and bathroom was immaculate.

I also chose this hotel because it is one of few that allows you to use Hilton points and cash, so it was a great price.

I say, go take a stay. It is nice, in a nice setting. The exterior renovations will soon be done and you will be glad you made this choice.

And a Thank You to Maria that helped me with my breakfast and provided the amenities I needed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo