“Nice value and clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very nice stay. Rooms are clean with plenty of room to stretch out. Nice sitting area and desk with Kitchen area. The check in was smooth with a friendly staff. Was some construction going on but didn't effect my stay. Breakfast buffet was ready to go at 6:00am and was actually very good. Enjoyed the staff and will return again for the great service!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert B
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear we met your expectations. We look forward to your return as we are now the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Room 508 in the Hotel Sierra at 2505 Cingular Way, Alpharetta, was lovely room to come "home" to each night of the 5 days I spent at a piano teachers' workshop at the Steinway Gallery on North Point Drive. The Hotel was accommodating in providing shuttle service to the Steinway Gallery on one occasion. The Breakfast buffet was ample & delicious. I had oatmeal porridge just like at my real home! The room itself was equipped with a "sitting room", an "office" with desk and wifi connection, a "kitchen" with microwave & fridge & a place setting for a small family, a good tv, a closet with iron & board, & bath & shower in which the towels were changed daily, and two double beds for the comfortable sleeping of four. We were only two in the room and enjoyed each other's company as we both attended the conference.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for your time to post about your recent stay. We appreciate you and your business. We hope when your travels bring you back to Alpharetta we will be your only choice in hotels. We value our guest and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Awesome hotel and even more Amazing staff!! I was recently caught in the snowstorm that shut down Atlanta. Paul, Kelly and Randy were amazing. They took the stress out of a very stressful situation. After being put on the waiting list (there were no rooms anywhere in the city) they took every measure to make sure as I began my stay with them (on the couch in the lobby) that I was ok. They made coffee and cookies and kept checking on everyone that was sheltering in their lobby. About 9pm Paul let me know they were working on something for me...They created a space for me in a conference room. They gave me a cot, pillows, locked the room so no one could come in, and kept checking on me. The next morning we were still stranded they offered me breakfast with their regular hotel guest, offered me a place to take a shower, and even said they would wash my clothes! By 3pm the second day I was able to get into an actual hotel room. The rooms are great! They were large and I really enjoyed the fridge and microwave since I was able to get to Wal-Mart for food and a change of clothes on day 2. Again, this staff was amazing. They were stuck at the hotel as well and their stress never showed. They did not turn anyone away. They just made it all work. I can never thank them enough for making me feel safe and treating me with such kindness! I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to hear our team made your unexpected stay comfortable. We do have a great staff who always goes above and beyond to ensure every guest and their needs are met. We hope to see you again in the near future, when the weather is much better and you are able to stay for a night or two. Our team would love to welcome you back! Thank you for taking time to post about your experience and our team. We appreciate you and your business!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here one Saturday night and we were aware that the Hotel Sierra was transitioning into a Holiday Inn Express. Check-in went smoothly; we took their very quiet elevator to the 4th floor, which is totally non-smoking. Our room: the first section had a sofa, coffee table, small kitchenette with a small refrigerator, microwave and computer desk. Then there was a bathroom sink opposite the two queen beds with a magnifying mirror and Gilchrist & Soames body lotion & hand soap. The bathroom had a tiled tub with Gilchrist & Soames shampoo & body wash and the toilet in a separate room. There was an ironing board, iron, a hair dryer and a waffle weave bathrobe to use during your stay in the closet.

We had requested a king bed, but ended up with 2 queen beds. Since we had already unpacked, we decided to stay. I should have double checked at the front desk or noticed that it wasn't a king before we had settled into the room. Room was very clean with no smoke smell. The flat screen TV could turn toward the beds or the sofa area.

Their evening bistro (wine, beer & appetizers) is not available Friday through Sunday, but was only from Monday to Thursday.

Breakfast buffet had Starbucks coffee, scrambled eggs, home fries, cubed hot ham and a bowl of shredded cheese, one waffle maker, donuts, muffins, bagels, bread, apple & orange juice, yogurt, apples, cereals, hard boiled eggs, peanut butter & jelly. Breakfast buffet was very good - even though they had deleted the made-to-omelet station. The buffet was kept super neat by Michael - THANKS!

Our window faced the outdoor pool which was slightly frozen with embedded leaves. Behind the pool was a full dumpster and some new boxed items for the transition into the HI Express.
Our room was very quiet, even with the heat/air conditioning unit off. The ice machine on our floor was out-of-order.

I'm sure when they finalize the transition, everything will run very smoothly!

Room Tip: Sound-proofing was spectacular, so I would assume any room would be perfect. As I stated the whole 4...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Wow, thank you so much for your detailed review. We appreciate your time to let us and other travelers know about your stay and our great hotel features. As you mentioned, we are close to becoming a new Holiday Inn Express & Suites in the next few weeks. We can not wait to have you back in the near future to enjoy the new brand and all of the new offerings we will have available. Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here after reading reviews & pics on tripadvisor. Was updated, clean, quiet, free wifi & parking, complimentary breakfast was great, employees was friendly, & great location (maybe 30 min to downtown or to N ga premium outlets.) we recommend & will stay here again soon:)))

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you and your business. It is always a pleasure to hear comments not only about the property but our team members. We look forward to your next visit, when our renovation should be complete and we will become the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed there twice last year. The rooms are huge and spacious. Also it has a small kitchen which is a very nice addition. My stay was comfortable throughout. The hotel is located close to quite a few dining spots which was good.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for being a repeat guest. We are thrilled to hear we continue to meet your travel expectations and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I booked this hotel from Expedia during the visit in Atlanta City. This hotel is a little far from downtown. But I like almost everything of this hotel. Clean, room with space, quiet, safe, free parking, nice staff and a good price. The only thing I don't like is the heater/cooling fan. The LOW is far too high. Fortunately we did not need it thru the night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you booking our hotel and happy to hear you enjoyed our property. We hope when your travels bring you back to Alpharetta, you will consider us again. Thank you for your business.