“breakfest is great !!”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Atlanta, Georgia
“breakfest is great !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

hotel is great , lobby very clean brand new , staff very friendly smiles , laughs feels like family , front desk morning woman beautiful and tended to all my family needs even walked us to our car with great conversation . only thing pool wasnt open yet and kids wanted to swim, they told us becasue of revontations it will open memorial day weekend

Room Tip: 507 very nice room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. We always enjoy hearing from our guest and their comments about our new hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the many breakfast options we offer. We are sorry you were not able to enjoy our seasonal pool, but do hope you will return during the summer months when we open it up for our guest use. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

On a recent trip to Alpharetta my family decided to try the Holiday Inn Express (formerly the Sierra) since my usual hotel had no rooms available. The hotel is undergoing renovation and our room was directly under a floor being renovated so we heard almost constant hammering while we were there. In the morning we were surprised at the number of construction workers who decided to stop in and help themselves to as much of the breakfast items as they wanted. By the time they were finished all that was left for us was scrambled eggs and tater tots. Yes, tater tots. I also found the staff to be friendly but unfamiliar with Holiday Inn Express policies. The property may improve after the renovation is completed but, at this point, I wouldn't want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the construction as possible.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during our complete property renovation. We do hope you will return in the near future to see the finished product as we know you will enjoy all of the great changes we made. We appreciate you and your business and want to invite you back to have a exceptional stay.
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Not sure if my last post was made, so I'll do a short one post. Hotel was not the best as Hotel Sierra, but I'd be excited to see what the new Holiday Inn Express would have to offer. Stayed in the room for a week....staff was the best asset.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your second post about your December 2013 stay. We are now the Holiday Inn Express & Suites so we hope to see you in the near future.
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a week during the Christmas of 2013, this was during renovations and was called Hotel Sierra. Honestly, when we walked in, we were not the happiest of campers, in fact my husband's complaints almost drove me to find us a new hotel for our trip. The hotel room did not look like its photos online, the bed looked like someone had laid in it prior to our arrival and there were bugs on the the night stand (photos attached) and the night stands on either side of the bed didn't even match (one brown, one tan). The bathroom is incredibly small, as if it were a last thought in designing the room...so small the door could barely close due to the toilet. The air condition was huge and noisy but we managed. I called down stairs for a few extra pillows and after waiting an hour I called the front desk repeatedly and got no response. When someone finally answered the phone he said he'd be right up and was taking so long because he was the only person there (one staff member in the hotel?). When the pillows arrived they had no pillow cases on them and I was given the pillow cases separately to apply myself (well this is different I thought to myself), but he was still very pleasant. The hallways felt very grim and stuffy and there was a used towel behind the bathroom door that the housekeeper must have missed.

Anyway, those were my 'cons' but here are my 'pros'.....after the first stay we settled in to the hotel and my first compliment is that the hotel staff were so very nice and helpful which is always great for a hotel. The beds were really comfy and the kitchen area includes a full size refrigerator and full stove which is great for long stays. The hotel WiFi was also pretty good, which is always a bonus for people that travel as much as we do.

I know that this hotel was currently undergoing renovation to be transformed into a Holiday Inn Express and Suites so I admire them for keeping the hotel opened and keeping on staff during this time. I would honestly like to see what the hotel is like after renovations because the staff members were so great and with nice accommodations I'm sure this hotel could receive more stars.

I would not tell people to not stay here because of my bad experience.... the location is great, the staff is awesome and renovations may have been all it needed. I think that our expectations were just a little high due to the photos online and accommodations that we're use to having. I hope to one day revisit this hotel and see the magic that Holiday Inn has created and write a new review.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review from your Dec 2013 stay. Your March post about your December stay comes with great news. We are now officially the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and know you will love the hotel as much as our team does. I am glad to hear our team met your expectations and when you return the same team will welcome you back. We appreciate your concerns. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you back soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very nice stay. Rooms are clean with plenty of room to stretch out. Nice sitting area and desk with Kitchen area. The check in was smooth with a friendly staff. Was some construction going on but didn't effect my stay. Breakfast buffet was ready to go at 6:00am and was actually very good. Enjoyed the staff and will return again for the great service!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert B
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear we met your expectations. We look forward to your return as we are now the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Thank you for your business.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Room 508 in the Hotel Sierra at 2505 Cingular Way, Alpharetta, was lovely room to come "home" to each night of the 5 days I spent at a piano teachers' workshop at the Steinway Gallery on North Point Drive. The Hotel was accommodating in providing shuttle service to the Steinway Gallery on one occasion. The Breakfast buffet was ample & delicious. I had oatmeal porridge just like at my real home! The room itself was equipped with a "sitting room", an "office" with desk and wifi connection, a "kitchen" with microwave & fridge & a place setting for a small family, a good tv, a closet with iron & board, & bath & shower in which the towels were changed daily, and two double beds for the comfortable sleeping of four. We were only two in the room and enjoyed each other's company as we both attended the conference.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for your time to post about your recent stay. We appreciate you and your business. We hope when your travels bring you back to Alpharetta we will be your only choice in hotels. We value our guest and look forward to your next visit.
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Awesome hotel and even more Amazing staff!! I was recently caught in the snowstorm that shut down Atlanta. Paul, Kelly and Randy were amazing. They took the stress out of a very stressful situation. After being put on the waiting list (there were no rooms anywhere in the city) they took every measure to make sure as I began my stay with them (on the couch in the lobby) that I was ok. They made coffee and cookies and kept checking on everyone that was sheltering in their lobby. About 9pm Paul let me know they were working on something for me...They created a space for me in a conference room. They gave me a cot, pillows, locked the room so no one could come in, and kept checking on me. The next morning we were still stranded they offered me breakfast with their regular hotel guest, offered me a place to take a shower, and even said they would wash my clothes! By 3pm the second day I was able to get into an actual hotel room. The rooms are great! They were large and I really enjoyed the fridge and microwave since I was able to get to Wal-Mart for food and a change of clothes on day 2. Again, this staff was amazing. They were stuck at the hotel as well and their stress never showed. They did not turn anyone away. They just made it all work. I can never thank them enough for making me feel safe and treating me with such kindness! I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to hear our team made your unexpected stay comfortable. We do have a great staff who always goes above and beyond to ensure every guest and their needs are met. We hope to see you again in the near future, when the weather is much better and you are able to stay for a night or two. Our team would love to welcome you back! Thank you for taking time to post about your experience and our team. We appreciate you and your business!