“Good value in north Atlanta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Alpharetta
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Good value for the money. This is a relatively new LQ in a quiet location, easily accessible from Hwy 400. The beds were much more comfortable than is normally found at LQ's, new 42" flat panel HD TV, good continental breakfast in the morning and easy checkout. I'd stay there again and it's a good example of the LQ chain.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TMO64

Reviewed 31 December 2011

The room was clean...bathroom had a very flimsy shower curtain that if not situated just right would get water everywhere, but otherwise ok. Conveniently located, close to shopping and restaurants.

The bill: Our reservations were made online with AAA discount. We arrived after 1am due to an emergency stop I had to make at work. I did not think to call the desk...and didn't know I needed to (I could barely keep my eyes open). The gentleman who checked us in was very helpful and polite. Upon checkout 2 days later I noticed a discrepancy in our room rate. I pointed this out, provided a copy of the email confirm. and was told it would be credited. Later , at home, I noticed that no credit had been made (2 weeks later) and there was a 3rd charge. When I called to ck on this I was informed that b/c I had not called to tell them we would arrive after midnight there was a no show chg. + the chg for staying! Supposedly this is being removed "as a courtesy". There were 2 missed opportunities to tell me about this charge, check in and check out. It was not on the bill.....are you serious?!?! Possibly the employees did not know to mention this as it was automatically generated, but they should have. Shame on La Quinta....it is doubtful I will stay at another La Quinta...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Naomi H
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Short story - had been traveling via air since early AM to business meetings in Alpharetta. Had originally made reservations at the Extended Stay America in Alpharetta but walked out of the place when I was what type of people had populated the hotel - lots of loud obnoxious people yelling and fighting - no thanks. Took a chance and ended up 2 blocks down the street at the LQ.

Lady at the front desk was awesome - said they get people all the time who flee or leave the Extended Stay America. Got a king bedded room for 3 nights with added amenities (fridge, microwave, and oversized bathroom). Everything was above average - including great bedding, a large working area, and huge TV. Minor issues are: limited breakfast assortment, housekeeping needs to clean the edges of the room as I came across some hairs, and the room has some minor damage to the walls and one bathroom door due to rude guests.

Piece of advice if you have never been to the south: I learned what a "hick" is the hard way and if you are traveling on business, you don't want to be staying at the same place as they are loud and obnoxious - even the LQ had a few - must be the upbringing that they can't respect the need to quieter after 10pm? I don't know for sure as this was my first trip to AL.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter but is also an all-smoking floor at this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Kevin A
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We were visiting family in Dunwoody and Alpharetta and needed a place to stay for 4 nights. We chose La Quinta after checking Tripadvisor reviews. We loved it! The location couldn't have been better. Our room was large and spotless. Breakfast was fine for us since we don't eat much more than cereal, juice, and coffee. The breakfast area was very comfortable with plenty of room. We had some spare time to fill and we were pleased to find that there is a large shopping mall within walking distance. This hotel is just off exit 9 of rt. 400 which was very convenient for us. Finally, the staff at the front desk were very friendly and the room rates very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DICKKEIM
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Stayed at this property about 5 months ago and it was a very nice property. Not sure what happened but on this stay there were a number of significant maintenance and housekeeping issues. Room 219 has food crumbs between the bed and nightstands, mold in the tub caulking that was coming loose, broken shower handle, the common area trash cans were overflowing, there was broken door frame on the south entrance door, a cracked column base at the South entrance, all the entry ways were dirty with leaves blown inside and tracked all down the hallway, etc. Something happened to this property since my last stay and this will probably be my last stay. Serious maintenance and housekeeping problems. Wanted to let the front desk know I was going to check out early and I could not get anyone to answer the phone or show up at the front desk. The place is a mess. New management is needed. Somebody needs to be less concerned about the budget and more concerned about properly running this place,

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank COFLZephyr
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The staff at this hotel was very nice, but the accomadations leave a lot to be desired. My ac was broekn as well as the telephone. the location is good if you are going to see a show at the new ampitheatre. Yet there are nicer hotel around if you can get in those first.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I have been to this same LQ for a Professional Learning Activity at the Milton Learning Center. When I received my email from LQ about DOUBLE Reward Points for October...I found a reason to return. My government (teacher) rate was $49.00 (approx $55 with taxes) was worth the rest and relaxation. The hotel in just beside North Point Mall--you can walk but we did not. If you are an American Girl fan....plan a trip here--stay here and go to the American Girl Store at North Point. Your little girls will love you! My husband and I came up early--we were to pick our daughter up at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport at 9:30 pm. The airport is a 40 min ride but not bad. GA 400 (toll $.50) will get you quickly to I75/85 to airport. We had a room on the second floor. Large room, large bathroom, flat screen TV, wall thermostat--bed was comfortable. The front desk was excellent. Our plan was to stay two nights but I had to work late on Friday--I called I explained to the front desk that I needed to cancel due to work in my classroom. That same person checked us in on Saturday and remembered me! Lobby is HUGE----breakfast is great! Grounds are beautiful---If you just need a get away, shopping, or a concert at Verizon Amphitheater---this is it!
Good Thing: TV Screen Saver: Crashing Ocean Waves and Full Moon--I want this at home.
Bad Thing: 1:46 am FIRE ALARM went off. Up dressed and exited to parking lots with others. Apparently someone pulled it---the front desk was unaware that we all exited the side door and were all in parking lot--until my daughter went around to the front and in the front door to ask if we could come back in.....This was the night GA Tech beat Clemson so there were a number of people that were just coming in. I will say that has NEVER happened to me before. No doubt you WILL wake up if it goes off!

Room Tip: Has 6 floors and because of fire alarm--glad I was on the second. We were on parking lot side (odd...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family