“Good meeting place for breakfast”
Review of J. Christopher's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
J. Christopher's
Ranked #134 of 553 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Let's face it. There just aren't that many good breakfast meeting places in the North Atlanta suburbs. J Christopher's fits the bill. They have a nice open eating/dining area, friendly service staff and enough breakfast items to keep anyone happy. One of my favorites is the Eggs Christopher which is their take on the classic Eggs Benedict. Turkey is substituted for ham. Bacon is added for some additional fat and taste. The hollandaise is good and you can get grits or fruit. They do grits well here.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Every three months or so, a friend of mine and I get together for lunch, and each time, she brings her beautiful daughters with her, ages 2 and 4. Even at such a young age, her daughters are very particular about where and what they eat. The only place that her daughters will eat is J. Christopher’s, which is where we met for lunch. Even though we were meeting for lunch, all of us ordered breakfast. The reason why her daughters will eat at J. Christopher’s is because of their chocolate chipcakes, which are pancakes filled with chocolate chips and topped with whipped cream.

My friend ordered the French toast, which was topped with syrup and liberal helping of powdered sugar.

For those of you that like to eat healthy, J. Christopher’s also has a Healthy Start menu. From this menu, I ordered the South Beach, which is the Phase 2 diet with a couple of scrambled eggs, 2 slices of Canadian bacon, a small bowl of fresh fruit and whole wheat toast.

First of all, the service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly, and genuinely seemed happy to serve us. It is very rare to find someone who is a customer-facing position that enjoys their job. Secondly, the food was OK. While the portions are acceptable, the food is nothing spectacular. I believe that anyone’s mom could have served us with the same food quality, if not better. And finally, the prices for breakfast are steep. Having to pay nearly $9.99 pre-tip for breakfast seems expensive, especially when I could have had better quality, more fulfilling food at IHOP or Waffle House. J. Christoper’s is definitely much cleaner than IHOP or Waffle House though.

I have been to several J. Christopher’s in the past, and I truly do not understand why people are willing to pay so much for breakfast for what I consider mediocre food. I have tried several items on their menu so I do not believe that I am ordering the wrong thing, or something that is not their specialty. For those that like their food, great. For me, this is not a place that I would choose.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Love to go for brunch any day of the week. The artwork is fun and all of them have a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I wish this restaurant was in VA! Four of us had breakfast this morning and it was DELICIOUS! Alexandra was our waiter and knew her menu. My husband and I split the Pot Belly Bender (I think that was the name). It was a biscuit with shredded pot roast, perfectly poached eggs, and very good Hollandaise. YUM! This was easy to split and it was very large. They also have a lighter version with roasted turkey, but the pot roast was SO good. Good coffee, good service.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a favorite eatery near our office. The food is consistently good and a great place to have a lunch meeting.