“Surprisingly good.”

Ranked #70 of 540 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Sweet Tomatoes features made-from-scratch soups and salads and handcrafted muffins, Focaccia, breads, and desserts. The menu is built around freshly made, great-tasting, wholesome recipes with a 55-foot salad bar full of fresh, seasonal vegetables and tossed salads prepared exhibition-style every 20 minutes. Sweet Tomatoes provides its guests with an excellent value by offering unlimited access to its entire menu of high quality fresh items at a fixed price.
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Liked the array of foods although didn't know what to expect. Soups were good and so were the muffins and desserts. Salads aren't the only thing but I didn't know till I got to the end.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Although known for its selection of fresh vegetables, which allows you to build the salad of your dreams, Sweet Tomatoes also offers fresh soups, breads, and desserts. Everything is available cafeteria style in several sections, so be prepared to walk and carry.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I enjoyed the variety of offerings and the restaurant was well-kept with fresh salad ingredients. I also had the Clam Chowder, which was excellent!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My second time visiting this chain. Wonderful! All the salad fixings you can imagine served up fresh in a nice clean environment. Very family friendly. Great accompaniments, including fresh-baked breads, soups, white and sweet potatoes, choc-chip cookies and soft-serve ice cream. Two of us dined very well for $25. Left feeling as healthy as we were happy.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

M wife and I went to Sweet Tomatoes yesterday for their amazing salad bar. The variety was very good, the salad bar look well maintained, and the vegetables were fresh and tasty.We also enjoyed the variety of soups and fresh breads that wee also very good. They have a pasta bar with three different selections but we did not try them, nor did we have any frozen yogurt after our meal.

The only negative I found was the horrible shape of the booths at this restaurant. It is always crowded here, and we found that the two or three available booths were in very bad shape - thus explaining why no one was sitting there. The vinyl was badly cut exposing cheap foam padding that was also in bad shape and cut up. I was very surprised that they do not take better care of the restaurant, given the consistently high volume of customers that come through the door. It can't be because they aren't making any money!