“Nothing Special”

Ranked #80 of 530 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Sweet Tomatoes features made-from-scratch soups and salads and handcrafted muffins, Focaccia, breads, and desserts. The menu is built around freshly made, great-tasting, wholesome recipes with a 55-foot salad bar full of fresh, seasonal vegetables and tossed salads prepared exhibition-style every 20 minutes. Sweet Tomatoes provides its guests with an excellent value by offering unlimited access to its entire menu of high quality fresh items at a fixed price.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Saturday night at Sweet Tomatoes. The restaurant was very full and noisy, lots of kids. The salad bar was great, lots of choices. The pasta bar looked better than it tasted. The pasta seemed to be overcooked, mushy. Soups - lots of choices, tried the chili, just average. The one bright spot was our waiter, he was very friendly, kept our glasses full and our plates cleared.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Clean and efficient with an outstanding variety of fresh food! The salad bar was very fresh and appealing with many choices. They offered 5 or 6 varieties of soup; I had the potato (excellent) and my husband had the chili (he said it was great!). The bakery was also well presented with many choices of fresh breads and baked desserts. They have a yogurt (ice cream?) machine along with toppings and a bar with fresh fruit, puddings, etc. The only thing I tried that I didn't care for was the sugar-free mousse (yuck). Coffee is free if you purchase a drink, and there is a drink station to make it handy. Waitresses were plentiful and very helpful. Overall our experience was great, and we plan to visit another Sweet Tomatoes! You certainly will not leave hungry!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Tried Sweet Tomatoes for the first time on a business trip for lunch. We wanted something lite and fast for lunch......well we found it. This was such a great surprise. I was expecting the traditional salad bar, but I was pleasantly surprised to see all of the options as well as the ready mix salads. I went in thinking that this was a salad restaurant, but when we sat down we discovered a whole different area. This was not just your ordinary salad bar, they offer several varieties of soup, pasta bar, bakery, and baked potatoes both regular and sweet. The staff was very friendly and restaurant was clean. This was a great meal for the price and we will be back. Just a side note they had one of the cleanest restrooms of many restaurants that I have been in. I wished I had a Sweet Tomatoes near me.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went with our daughter and her family for my nine year old granddaughters birthday dinner. The staff was very helpful.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been to this location several times. The bowls and plates are always well stocked, clean and they don't seem to run out of food as fast as other locations. The only downside is the parking. It is always packed at lunch and you have to drive around the lot several times to look for a spot or park in the hotel lot next door and walk down a steep incline. The food is fabulous and by parents loved their first trip here too!