“Worst Experience!”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Weston, Fl
“Worst Experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2008

I will never go back there. The employes were creepy, and the rooms were dirty and cramped. We had to wait 3 hours to get a little bottle of shampoo. My daughter got sick at the hotel and we think it was because of how disgusting the rooms were. All in all, I will never go back to this gross hotel. I reccomend you don't either!

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Everthing.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2008

I have stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham in Alpharetta five times so far this year on business. The staff has provided consistently outstanding service in every respect. This is an attractive and well maintained property in a location near freeway access, restaurants, shopping and is convenient to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre opening in May 2008. Having used TripAdvisor to screen hotel selections in the past I was initially hesitant to stay based on two earlier reviews. It's a shame more guests have not commented here, as I expect my positive experience is typical of what one should expect.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank SamuelMn
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2008

Business took me back to the Alpharetta area in February 2008 and I decided on the Wingate Inn, primarily due to the room rate and the free wireless internet.

The hotel is located behind a gas station off of Mansell Road, close to the freeway entrance/exit. It is close to pretty much anything you can think of, restaurants, shopping, etc. I was worried that it would be too noisy to sleep properly, but I had a room that faced towards the trees and it was pretty quiet with the exception of the noise from other rooms. The walls seem to be fairly thin but since most of the clients are business travelers, it was still quiet. No spring breakers, crying babies or people watching TV with the volume as high as it will go here.

The hotel seems like new construction. It may be. I don't know when it was built. Check-in area and small lobby/eating area are immediately accessible upon entering. I know it sounds stupid, but it was great that they had a sliding, automatic door too. Some of the smaller hotels have a manual door and it can be a trick to haul your luggage and open the door sometimes! There is a small conference room and business center located there as well. Check-in was quick and friendly.

The room is pretty spacious. Once you open the door, there is the bathroom off to one side. It is clean, with enough counter space. It also looks new too, which seems to make it feel more clean if that makes sense. There is a desk along one wall, with a large chair in the sitting area before you get to the bed/TV area. There is lots of space. Each room also has a fridge. Nice touch for travelers to purchase water, soda, etc. at a grocery or convenience store and store it there rather than digging out change for the vending machine all the time.

The wireless internet is free. It worked pretty quickly most of the time. You can also print downstairs in the business center for free as well. Another nice perk: free expanded continental breakfast (although I kept missing it) and a wine/beer/snacks reception in the evening. Finally, you can earn points at this hotel.

I have to travel to this area every three months or so for business and I will definitely stay at the Wingate Inn again. I could even see staying here in a non-business trip too, if I were ever to come to the area for leisure. It's a nice, clean, friendly hotel in addition to being very friendly to the business traveler.

• Liked — cleanliness, location for my business needs, price, free wireless and other perks
  • Disliked — thin walls, otherwise, it was great
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank lakeflyer
Columbus, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2006

The hotel was okay, not great but I've seen worse. We had booked through Priceline for 5 days. The rates that Priceline quoted were $99/night for 3 nights, followed by $69 for the last two. Upon checking out, they billed me for $99 for all five nights. In addition the hotel refused to give me a copy of the bill, claiming that I would get that from Priceline. Of course that wasn't the case so we had to call the hotel repeatedly to get a copy of the bill. We finally got it and requested a refund for the overbilling. The hotel said it was Priceline's fault, Priceline says it is the hotel. ALL I KNOW IS THAT I WILL NEVER STAY AT WINGATE OR USE PRICELINE EVER AGAIN, AND I SUGGEST YOU HEED THIS SUGGESTION.

Oh yeah, I also killed a roach in my room while I was there.

• Liked — Internet access, busines center
  • Disliked — They overbilled me and now refuse to fix the problem.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here or any other Wingate Inn
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank ECJacket
wingatealpharetta, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta, responded to this review, 24 July 2008
When booking through a third party such as Priceline, the guest pays the third party direct and then the third party is billed by the hotel. This guest paid Priceline direct before arriving at the hotel that is why they should have received a receipt from priceline. I am sorry for the confusion, but we can not give you a receipt if you have not paid the hotel.
Napa, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2006

Wow. I honestly thought that the previous comment had somehow been improperly entered because after my stay I could not put that review and this hotel "together". Our stay was quite different!
Pros: the location is a very short drive to the mall and close to Hwy 9 in Alpharetta. There are many good restaurants within 2 miles including Killer Creek, Pappadeaus, On the Border, Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Buca di Peppo, and many many others. The people who work at the front desk were extremely nice and helpful. They went out of their way to help us with faxing, which I don't do very often. The Business Center is excellent and totally free - even printing from the computer. The rooms were clean and nice and though they had a slight moist smell I would expect that in an area that is humid. Parking was free and convenient and the hotel is set back off of the road so there was no road noise - very quiet. The breakfast was good - hot food choices as well as the usual cereals, bagels, etc. The eating area is attractive, clean, and spacious, and there is a big screen tv for catching up on the news.
Cons: Hmm. It was a little strange that the hot tub was right off the dining area, and the gym looked small but adequate.
Overall, this is a perfect business traveler hotel. Don't be disillusioned by the previous post!

Stayed September 2006
4 Thank Marti
ripley wv
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2005

This hotel has nothing to offer at all. There is no pool, the hot tub is broken and obviously has been for quite some time. The rooms are dirty and they smell terrible. The air coming out of the air conditioing smelled like urine. The exercise room is very cramped and you can't change the channel on the TV. Housekeeping woke us up very early slamming doors up and down the hallway. The ice machine on our floor was also broken. The weekend free breakfast was good, I will have to say, but by that time, you felt like they owed you that and more. if you are considering staying here, do yourself a favor and don't, trust me on this, please.

5 Thank ripley304