“Excellent Long term stay hotel”

Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Long term stay hotel”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Alpharetta for several months while working in the area. As a frequent business traveler I found this to be among the best long term stay style hotels I've used. The hotel provides a relaxed and quiet atmosphere having spacious and comfortable rooms. The hotel is well maintained and provides some nice features such as complimentary meals tues-thurs. evenings, 3 mile shuttle service, laundry facilities, basketball court as well as the typical amenities you'd expect to see in a extended stay hotel.

I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful during my stay. They were able to suggest a number fun places to check out including a near by golf course.

Also, the rate was excellent for this calibre hotel. I would highly recommend Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I recently stayed here with my family. We chose the hotel because of its location near the North Point Mall. It was not as close to the mall as I expected, but really it is only a five minute drive or so away. The hotel is clean with a friendly staff. The breakfast was good. The room was spacious and the two room suite was perfect in size and function. The bathrooms had sinks outside the actual bathrooms. The kitchen was well appointed. There are free washers and dryers on site which is nice when in the middle of a long trip.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
SC
Reviewed 19 December 2010

My family and I went down for some Christmas shopping. I had read some great reviews on Trip Advisor so I thought that this would be a great hotel to enjoy the weekend. I went to check-in and paid cash and was given change back. The front desk clerk's only words to me was my room number and to go to the right. There were ladies in the back behind the front desk looking like they were on their way to the club and it seemed like an unprofessional environment. Also, I am a Priority Club member and usually you are given a welcome gift upon arrival but this did not happen. And normally you are told when breakfast is served the following morning....NONE of that. Being that I am a travel agent, I was very perturbed but thought that maybe the clerk was just having a bad night.

Well, well....was I wrong! The following morning I got up and found my bill left under the door. My bill stated that I had a balance of $2.24. Huh?? I paid cash. Before checking out I approached the front desk from the inside of the area where they sell items in case you forgot something. The same clerk from the night before was still on duty and seemed as if I had disturbed her from her interaction on Facebook. This time she had on a company shirt with her name tag and her name was Lisa. I asked her how I could have a balance when I paid her cash and was given change back. Her response was "You owe $2.24" That's it? No apology or explanation of why the wrong amount was charged initially??? Her parting words were "Here you go" when she gave me my change back. I did not get a "thank you for staying with us" or "i'm sorry for the mixup" That's all I was expecting. Mistakes happen and paying the $2.24 was not a problem but it was how the situation was handled.

I will not stay here again nor recommend clients to this hotel. The hotel is very nice, the breakfast was filling but the front desk ruined my impression of them. If she is not on duty and the EXTRA people behind the desk, you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
StaybridgeSpirit, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Alpharetta North Point, responded to this review, 22 December 2010
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We take your concerns very seriously The staff member in question is new to our hotel but came to us with 7 years of hotel experience. We definitely will continue to work with her on our check in procedures and billing procedures. We reviewed your bill and the $2.00 was an error in adding the taxes when collecting cash at check in. I am sorry this was not explained to you sufficiently and that she was unapologetic regarding her error.

I would also like to apologize for the unprofessional appearance of our staff. Several staff members met at the hotel prior to attending a holiday party together.

I hope you will consider staying with us again. We pride ourselves on our Staybride Spirit and excellent staff!!

Travis Carroll
Charleston
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I had reserved 2 rooms online and had requested them to be close to each other. I didn't arrive to check in until around 9pm and it seems they had preassigned the rooms on different floors, but the desk clerk worked hard on finding us rooms on the same floor,not too far from each other. I would highly recommend this hotel...close to a large mall, lots of restaurants and shopping close by, free laundry facilities for hotel guests, spacious suites, nicely stocked kitchenettes with full refrigerators, free parking and a very nice complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Where do I start? Wow!!! We were very impressed with this hotel from start to finish. The staff members made us feel at home the entire 2 nights we stayed there. The decor of the hotel was very nice as well. When we got to our room we were both very happy with what we saw. Everythiing in the room was clean. The size of the room was very large,too. The room we stayed in had a view of the swimming pool. We will definitely stay when visiting Georgia again. Thanks Staybridge Suites for making our weekend getaway such a pleasurable one!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We used this hotel for our reunion in July 2010. I am especially grateful for the courtesy shown by EACH member of your team. From the front desk attendants, to the housekeeping staff, and also (I think) one of the maintenance employees, they were all very helpful and friendly.

The breakfast variety was great each morning' especially the waffles! The rooms were very nice roomy, very neat, and ideal for family. We saved a great deal of money and everyone agreed that these were the best rooms we've used in the 12 years we have meeting for the reunion.

• Stayed July 2010
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My children (2 boys) and I accompanied my husband on a business trip and stayed at the Staybridge. We arrived after midnight and checked in easily. I was very pleased with the room and its kitchenette. It had a full fridge (with ice maker), 2 burner stove, microwave, sink and dishwasher. It also contained dishware, glasses, and silverware. As a diabetic, I loved being able to store my food in something other than the ice chest! The boys pulled out the sofa bed and there was still room to navigate the room with ease. The room was very clean and we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was well appointed.... something for all of us. The boys loved making their own waffles! The mid week complimentary evening snack was wonderful as well. On Tues night they had potato skins and sides like bacon, sour cream, cheese to load on top. On Wed night they grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. If you are traveling on a budget this is a big plus. The boys and I also went to Six Flags during our stay and the hotel was close enough that I braved the drive. Over all I would look forward to staying at this hotel again, and would seek out this chain in any other travels.

Pros - Nice facilities, basketball goal and court area, could have brought our pet, pool, covered BBQ pits by the pool, breakfast, midweek snack/libations, business area with 2 computers & printer, large kitchenette in rooms, free laundry facility, clean room, friendly/helpful staff, located close to LARGE mall/shopping district, close to highway

Cons - Husband did have issues with connecting/staying connected to wireless

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business