“Mixed Feelings”

Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have mixed feelings about this Residence Inn. The staff was great. Our room was great; in the back, quiet and well maintained. The location was great; minutes to the mall. The hotel was under renovation, and both the check-in and breakfast area were in the same inadequate space. It gave a chaotic - and Motel 6 - kind of atmosphere. The elevator broke while we were there, but was quickly fixed. There seemed to be an amazing number of people staying in each suite.

The breakfast buffet was well supplied, and they had take-away boxes so people could eat in their rooms - there was nowhere near enough space to eat in the lobby/breakfast room.

The good news is that it appears the renovations will be finished soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Intlxpatr
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall

Reviewed 5 July 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It is newer than some other Residence Inns we have used in the Atlanta area and very well maintained. It is located adjacent to the North Point Mall and we walked from the hotel across the mall parking lot and went walking in the mall for exercise.

The room was clean and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TNRetired
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I have stayed here for one night and it was overall a very comfortable stay. The hotel is going through some renovation / construction; however, it did not bother me. The room was clean, spacious with kitchen and a sofa bed. The mattress was comfortable. Amazingly, the tv had hindi (Asia) channels too. The hotel is in a walking distance from good restaurants and fast food chains such as Ruby Tuesday, Chick-fil-A, Steak and Shake, Taco Bell, Buddy's Barbeque, etc. Also, it is close to the north point mall. Breakfast was free and it was good. Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We've stayed here once a year for the past several years and have never had a bad experience. The room(s) are always clean & well maintained. This year there were 5 of us staying in a 2-bedroom suite. The comfortable sofa bed came in handy for the 5th person. The mattresses on the beds are amazing! I told my husband I'd love to have one at home. My family enjoyed the whirlpool last night. It was a little too cool for the pool. They have a nice basketball/tennis court by the pool.

The staff at check-in were very courteous! They made us feel welcome and glad to be back at the Residence Inn at North Point Mall.

They were in the process of renovating when we were there, but that didn't cause a big problem. They had moved the hotel registration to a smaller area that also included the space for the breakfast they serve in the mornings. Again, the change up wasn't an issue for us, and we look forward to staying in the remodeled Residence Inn next year. The "after" pictures look fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was so suprised and pleased at my stay. That is the niciest hotel I have been to in a long time. The food was wonderful, room was beautiful. I recommend this place to one and all. The price was out of this world.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I work for a company headquartered in Alpharetta so I go there a lot. For a change I decided to stay in a more residential area this trip. The Residence Inn is right beside the North Point Mall. I walked in the mall in the evening for exercise. There are several nice restaurants nearby but I chose to eat the evening meals at RI one night. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I took the shuttle to work one day. The breakfasts are very good. They are starting a big makeover which is needed to stay current. Excellent value with my corporate rate.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I've stayed at this Residence several time over the past five years and this visit offered a few differences. This Residence has upgraded their breakfasts offering Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine for example. The hotel shuttle is convenient, flexible and the staff is out-of-their-way friendly and hospitable.
If I were traveling with my daughters, they would have appreciate the American Girl Experience the hotel offers. Bottom line is just that - the property is very affordable and a great value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business