“Exceptional Stay at an Excellent Hotel!”

Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Six of us spent two nights at this hotel and enjoyed every minute. The staff were all completely accommodating, never rude or impatient. We ate like kings. The breakfast buffet was amazing, continually stocked, delicious. There were eggs, sausage, potato casserole, waffles, French toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, cereal, juices, muffins and bagels and more. We enjoyed the evening Manager's reception one evening, which consisted of tuna fish salad, buns, salad, tortilla chips and salsa. All of this was complimentary and all-we-could-eat.

The pool is stunning, kept clean, only 5 ft, so not good for divers but terrific for our small kids. Plenty of seating and covered tables. The whirlpool was enjoyed as well. Everything is kept locked so key cards are required for entry and we felt very safe.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen, 3 TVs, pull out sofa - total comfort. The shower was clean; everything was very clean. We were never bothered by noise. The staff provided everything we forgot to pack.

Location is walking distance to the North Point Mall. And there are plenty of exterior stores within a 2 mile radius of the mall. If you want to do some shopping, this is a perfect location. It takes about 2 minutes to get to Hwy 400, a major artery in North Atlanta, so travel into Atlanta is a cinch, unless you get caught in the traffic.

In honor of American Girls, our girls received a complementary doll bed, pink blankets, special suckers at check-in, a special AG key card, a snack, an AG book, cookies and milk upon arrival, and AG movies in a special movie room in the lobby, complete with popcorn, pink lemonade, and plenty of pink bean bag chairs to plop in. It was amazing. Could rate this hotel no less than a 5.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in an end unit. It was not far from the elevator and was perfectly quie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and was very disappointed? When I first checked in, I was given room 311 and was immediately greeted by the strong smell of cigarette smoke. This is supposed to be a smoke free hotel and they obviously don't enforce it. Either the maids were smoking or the idiots before me were. In any case, they didn't do a good job of airing it out and more importantly don't assign this room until you do that. I'm wondering if the moron before me was fined. Probably not. I could not stay in this room. I was given room 340 and I could smell women's perfume but it wasn't that bad. They don't do a good job of preparing these rooms for the next guest. After I checked in I wanted to take a dip in the pool but couldn't because someone decided to have their kids birthday party at the pool area and there was about 30 screaming brats in the pool. That was the end of that. The next day I went for a swim and a bunch of people decided to have a barbecue by the pool area which lasted from 5 to 10pm and were very noisy and drunk. I also noticed for a residence inn, the rooms were not equipped with basic essentials that I've had in any other Marriott. They didn't provide body lotion, shower cap, blankets, Q tips. Very strange since all other Marriotts have these items. The mattresses are also old and have body indents in them. I wouldn't stay here again. Next time I come to Alpharetta I will stay at the other Marriott closer to Old Milton Hwy. No wonder these rates were cheaper. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I also didn't like the clientele here, this hotel caters more to the lower class.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for an extended business trip and the location can't be beat if you are working or visiting the Roswell /North Atlanta area. It's close to the mall and numerous restaurants and right off of route 400.
I was a bit disappointed in the general cleanliness of the property compared to other Marriott properties in the area. The carpets were left unvaccumed and there were disgusting food/spit stains in the elevator on the doors that went uncleaned even after I mentioned it to the desk.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This extended stay hotel is situated perfectly near the North Point Mall, tons of strip mall shopping, and dozens of restaurants. Although I had a car, you can easily walk to restaurants ranging from fast food to upscale, sit-down places. Although you are near the mall, the location is quiet and there is always ample parking close to your room.

The pool and hot tub are great, and they even supply towels so you don't have to use the ones from your room. In addition, they have a half basketball court and will provide basketballs. The workout room is small, but the treadmills have private tvs and plug-ins for your headphones. You can watch whatever you want and not disturb the other people who are working out.

The daily breakfast is one of the best I have seen in a hotel. They provide waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, bagels, muffins, cereal, juice, and daily specials such as breakfast burritos. They do a great job of keeping the food stocked and the area is always nice and tidy. They will even give you a "to go" box so you can eat in your room.

Although there are not recycling bins in the room, you can drop off your cans/bottles at the front desk for recycling.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again when I return.

Room Tip: For added privacy, ask for a room facing the pool (away from the parking lot)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My friend and I spent the night here with our daughters (ages 4 and 6) for a special American Girl weekend. I can't even begin to note how amazed and happy we were with this package! The service was amazing - the manager on site that checked us in gets 5 stars.

This hotel is a short walk to the American Girl store, great location.

The package was well beyond our expectations - so many treats -- from the pink carpet check-in to the pink towels and pillow cases, all the way to the little things the girls loved like a pink trashcan in the room and a fridge that had their milk for the evening.

We had to order a second 'kit' since there were 2 girls, but it was well worth it. The kit included a bed for their doll with a pillow and comforter, an American Girl book, so many little prizes and more snacks that they could even eat...made this a truly special experience.

We didn't have enough time to swim in the pool or go to the American Girl movies, so we will definitely plan more time ahead when we do this again.

Breakfast was great and included in the price as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank AmberG8R
Reviewed 19 June 2013

we ate lunch and did some shopping at the american girl store/bistro next door then checked in around 2:30 (which was early) at the american girl counter. our daughter and her girl did the entire process themselves and were issued a special "VIG" pink keycard to the room, a ticket to the ag movies with popcorn and pink lemonade, and a little gift of fingernail polish set. when we arrived in the room, there was an ag book, cookies, milk, and a letter inviting our daughter down for a special snack at the "market". she chose gummy bears and a juice box. the bed/bath was decorated with pink towels, linens, trashcans, etc. the ag doll bed was very cute and came with a blanket and pillow. the desk personnel went above and beyond to make our daughter (and her silly doll) feel special. this was her favorite night of our entire vacation.

the hotel is clean (the towels smell great), the pool is centrally located with a sitting area, umbrella-ed tables and grill. the bed is the most comfortable i have EVER slept in at a hotel. i couldn't believe how wonderful it was! the noise is minimal even though we knew there were a LOT of other guests. the location is great... a quiet suburban area with the mall and multiple restaurants. we visited medieval times which was about 25 minutes away.

we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again with the ag package or without. it was a fantastic stay in every way! we paid about $140 for the ag package for the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank scrappymel
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Had a really good experience at this hotel.

The gentleman who checked us in was over the top nice and very fast. He explained the layout of the hotel which was nice as it was different from a lot of RI I have been to. The buildings surround he pool and sports court area and there is a nice seating area there as well. It was a beautiful evening when we were there and a lot of people were enjoying the space without it being crowded.

The room was standard for RI but it has recently been refreshed. The trees surrounding the building made not only for a nice view but also a great buffer from the highway noise. We even forgot the road was right there.

Breakfast was a little crowded but it was the weekend so lots of families. They had plenty of food so no big deal. Used the outdoor area to eat which was nice.

Great location, adjacent to the mall and lots of dining choices.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple