“AVOID! AVOID!!”

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
Orlando, Florida
“AVOID! AVOID!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is conveniently located to a shopping mall and many restaurants, but that is it's only feature/benefit. The housekeeping staff was obnoxious and rude at best. The first morning, a group of three ladies from housekeeping were so noisy (laughing, speaking very loudly and slamming doors) I had to end a business phone call due to the disturbance. That evening, I returned to the hotel to find that my room was never cleaned. I called to complain and was finally brought a few clean towels and shampoo. The next morning at 8AM, I was jarred from sleep by a loud banging on my door. After I gathered my thoughts and tried to slow my heart rate, I peered through the peep-hole to find a gentleman from housekeeping. He demanded to know if I had checked out yet! This was 8 O'Clock in the morning and the 'Do Not Disturb' sign was clearly displayed on the door. I momentarily thought I may have overslept and asked about check-out time. His response: "I don't know." When I officially checked out approximately 2 hours later, I shared all of these experiences with the front desk attendant. Her comment was, "I will speak with housekeeping" and made some excuses for their behavior. This lack of customer service should never be tolerated and men banging on ladies' hotel room doors poses a security risk. My best suggestion - stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ERNURSE012
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I am sorry that you had such a negative experience while staying at our Residence Inn. Please contact me directly at 770.587.1151 so that I can speak with you personally about resolving this issue. Don Speegle, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My Niece and I , booked an American girl stay Saturday July 12, 2014. For her daughter and our other niece,Yvonnne and Raul checked us in,they were fantastic with the girls, at checking them and us in they were also very helpful with questions and they have great attitudes. I would recommend this Hotel to everyone, wether it is for business or pleasure. Location is great and the Mall is in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PSCargill
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is Part Three of the Alpharetta Motel Experience:

So, please review TownePlace in Alpharetta for the full understanding of what happened.

This was the third hotel we went to after a 9 hour drive from St. Louis. By the time I had arrived to this hotel, I was not a happy guest. But, I will say that the front desk staff was very understanding and cheerful. Maybe a bit too happy for my mood, but since they cater to American Girl guests, I can understand the level enthusiasm. I just really had lost my happy face.

She checked us into a room, and I honestly pleaded with her to see if we could stay at this property for the rest of the week. But, I was told that they were over sold for the week, and that we could stay for one night. She offered tokens for adult beverages, but we had dinner reservations...and, we were already late because of the drama from previous hotels. So, we passed.

Our room overall was clean...honestly, it was comfortable. But, knowing that we couldn't really unpack and that we had no idea where we would be staying next? Well, it just wasn't the best experience.

I can't tell you anything other than we did take advantage of the breakfast buffet in the morning, and it was very nice. I would stay at this property again, but I would have been happier if somehow the staff could have gotten a room for our entire stay. It might not be the fault of this property, but it just didn't help.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience before arriving at our hotel. We are also sorry that we couldn't accommodate you for the rest of your visit to Alpharetta; we would have been happy to extend your reservation for the full week if we had had any rooms available. The Alpharetta area is growing rapidly and sometimes hotel rooms are hard to find. I will pass on your comments to our front desk staff about their cheerful service.
Again, thank you for all of your kind comments. We hope you will try us again on your next trip.
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The check in was only the beginning of the fun!!! Wonderful staff at the front desk. Clean rooms, clean grounds, nice pool and great location. We got to check in an house early which was nice after an almost 4 hour drive. I am a picky person when it comes to hotels and the cleanliness and I am very comfortable here.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for the awesome review! We hope you will visit us again soon.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Staff was very friendly and is right beside the mall. The food Options near the hotel are very good. The rooms ar every big and clean with small kitchen. Also the hotel has Washer and dryer so if you come for a long stay you can do your own laundry.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are happy that you continue to choose our Residence Inn Alpharetta North Point when you are in our area and are especially happy to see that you refer your friends and colleagues to our hotel. Thank you again.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The Hotel is in an excellent location with a mall and restaurant joints very close by. Extremely friendly staff - James, Mona, Chris and other members as well. The environment around is quite homely.
The kitchen can be mentioned Good. But I would say it could be better. Breakfast menu is good but I would have loved more if omelette is added. I refer it to my colleagues who to travel to Alpharetta as its one of best around.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank rkirans
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a work trip to Alpharetta, spent 3 nights. Nice breakfast, and evening happy hour, with heavy appetizers ( could be a meal for most). With wine and beer for free.

Fitness room was good, had it all to myself, good equipment, and it all worked!

Rooms were very small for a studio suite, as I have stayed at Residence Inns before, but not with this small of a footprint. Very basic accommodations, with the usual full kitchen, living rooms, dining, etc.

Daily shuttle to office wad very reliable, apwith a very friendly guy (James) doing the duty. Always available, and within a couple minutes of asking.

Planning another trip to Alpharetta in July, and staying here again, as I a creature of habit, and know the distance to my companies office. There is a Townplace Suites right by the office, but it never available at the price I need to lock is down.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Don S, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay. Please contact me regarding your upcoming reservation and if available I will upgrade you to a larger one bedroom suite.