“Nice hotel - indifferent staff”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Alpharetta/North Point Mall
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Positives:

- Attractive hotel interior; upscale furnishings, all the "modern" touches expected by today's traveler such as 42" HD TV, Starbucks coffee, etc.

- Location is outstanding. Walking distance to several eating places and shopping. Close to interstate and NorthPoint Mall.

- Comfortable beds, quiet hotel.

Negatives:

- First contact was fine...friendly greeter who was helpful. From then on, it went downhill:

* We asked about the hotel shuttle; reply was "yes, we have a shuttle, but I think the driver is sick today...no further assistance.

* Breakfast was average at best; cereal, yogurt, fruit. However, at 10:00 a.m. on the dot, they took away the "free" coffee and would only sell Starbucks coffee. Ridiculous!

* Our daughter attempted to purchase two candy bars and pay cash. The attendant made her wait through a 5 minute phone call, then said she did not have "keys" to the cash drawer and made her charge to the room. Why be at the front desk if you can't serve customers?

I would stay here again, but would be prepared to deal with the indifferent staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 January 2009

I stayed here a couple of nights on business. I had a very nice stay. My room was larger then I expected. Complete with large separate sitting area and a 42 inch flat screen tv. The beds were quite comfortable and the room had a nice sink vanity. The bathroom itself was small and just okay. Everything was very clean. Free wifi is in the room which is helpful. There is no room service but you can order hot food downstairs. I believe it’s available 24 hours. As well in the lobby they sell Starbucks coffee, snacks and there is a bar. Buffet breakfast was nice. Lots of fresh fruit and a variety of breads and cereals. In the area there are a lot of restaurants close by. Would definitely stay here again especially for business.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2008

I use Priceline to book my business travel that usely consists of 3-4 trips per quarter. I had never stayed in a Hyatt Place before and have usually stayed in Courtyards prior. BUT WOW!! What a very cool retro hotel with excellent food this Hyatt Place turned out to be. The hotel reminds me of a smaller W style hotel. Large rooms with HUGE Plasma TVs made my 2 week consulting engagement an enjoyable experience even though I was working 14 hours a day. I would definitely recommend to any business travelers.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2008

I stayed at this hotel when it was an AmeriSuites and was blown away as soon as I walked in the door. The staff was top notch, took me on a tour of the hotel so I would feel comfortable. I got to the hotel later in the evening and had not eaten anything, they offer 24 hour food service as well as a Starbucks on site! The rooms are like other hotels executive suites with wet bars, sectional sofas and 42” HD TV’s. The hotel is in an excellent area that made me feel comfortable…as a single woman that is not always the case.

If you haven’t stayed at one of these hotels you must try!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2007

Booked this hotel for a business trip and was not informed that the hotel is undergoing renovation. I had to spend time in my room during the day and the noise was unbelievable. The workmen are up and down in the elevators and smoking in them. The rooms are dingy and not nice. Do not stay here. The place is being renovated into a Hyatt but will still be under the same management - any management company that allowed guests to be here during this is clearly not anyone you would want to do business with.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 24 August 2007

This hotel far exceeded our expectations. We stayed here with our baseball team for our State Tournament in Alpharetta.

The location was great and so were the rooms. Very clean and comfortable. The staff was superb! All our requests were handled quickly and with a smile! Breakfast was great!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank Daniela L
Reviewed 21 July 2006

This hotel is in a great location-near a nice mall and many other shops.
The common areas are very nice but we did encounter some housekeeping & maintenance problems. Had to be moved after the 1st night of our 5 night stay. The TV picture was orange & grainy in room # 1 and the box springs were really gross and stained . Room #2 was better,but still not really great. The desk staff kept saying "the hotel will be refurbished soon".
I had to track down housekeeping on 1 day because they forgot our room, and every day they would forget extra soap or glasses or coffee. This got very annoying.
The rooms are good sized, but by newer hotel standards smaller that many suite hotels.
The breakfasts were excellent and the front desk people were helpful.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business