“A rough start, wouldnt be my first choice next time” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Windward Parkway

Hyatt Place Windward Parkway
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
West Jordan, Utah
“A rough start, wouldnt be my first choice next time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

In town for business, the Hyatt Place on Windward Parkway seemed liked a good option, price was not too high or too low. Lobby was clean and inviting. First key card, they gave me didnt word, so back I had to go to the lobby. Rather than just reprogramming a new card, they gave me a whole new room... the key card worked, but within minutes I started to hear a strange noise...turned out to be the elevator, I could hear it each time it went up and down! I went into the hall, and I was 5 rooms away from the elevator. Went back down to the lobby and got a room at the far end of the hall away from the elevator, but strangely, I could still hear it at night. Hmmm. Breakfast was good and staff was very pleasant and tried to be helpful.

Room Tip: Request a room as far away from the elevator as possible!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
St. Paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The breakfast included egg sandwiches and other items you do not normally get in the standard buffets at other hotels. The room was very large and silent. You do not hear the activities in the hall or the next door TV. Front desk staff is very friendly and is always available for questions and assistance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We have been staying at this Hyatt Place Hotel for years when we are passing thru the Atlanta area. In fact, we drive out of our way to this location as we find it so comfortable. Our most recent stay was January 2012, another stopover night before driving to our winter vacation destination. Check-in is quick and efficient as well as the check-out process. Front desk staff has always been helpful and friendly. We are pleased with the oversized room, decor, mini-bar area, work desk, high-speed internet, bed/pillow comfort, and flat screen tv reception, just to name a few things. The quality of the continental breakfast is sufficient and they added a hot breakfast entree. It is a nice complimentary amenity to be offered and they serve Starbucks coffee. What's not to love? We too have noticed a bit of extra attention or touch-ups needed in the rooms that other reviewers have mentioned, however, as self- professed "Hotel Snobs" we really have no complaints....except, agreeing with others about the tiny toilet room. You kind of have to step over the toilet and manuever to get the door closed. A small inconvenience for the quality and value overall.

The city area is clean and nice too. Good location to many restaurants and shopping. Our favorite Mexican restaurant is La Parrilla, outstanding food with a friendly atmosphere, tell the manager the Chicago couple sent you! Enjoy!

Room Tip: As usual, away from the elevator, less traffic, less noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dacula GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We were staying at the Hyatt for one night and it was a fiasco! When we arrived and checked in I let the staff person know we had paid for the shuttle to take us to the wedding. I asked her what time the shuttle would leave and she told me 5:00pm. We came down at 5:00 and the shuttle had left my daughter and I and four other friends of ours attending the wedding. We asked the person at the desk about it and she called the shuttle driver. The driver said they were turning around to come pick us up according to the desk clerk. Thirty minutes later we had to make the decision to drive ourselves to the wedding so we would not be late. The problem here is that we paid for the shuttle so we would not be drinking and driving after the wedding. Our fee was not refunded! Then I got my credit card bill and I was charged twice for one night. I called and spoke with CK and was not happy with her at all. She did not believe me and wanted to investigate further with the bride. I took it upon myself to call the person she said my second charge had been applied to. He also had been charged for the room. I called CK back and thanked me for helping with the investigation. At this point I had nothing nice to say to her due to her rudeness and unwillingness to help. I will never stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Issue #1~We booked a non-refunded online 2 night stay for business. We chose this one as the star ratings on the site (starts with Ex...) had them higher than the rest in the area...Arrived at 8 pm from an Atlanta flight, greeted nicely but all the 2 double bed rooms (including the one we booked) were taken, so would you like a king bed?, not really we wanted the doubles for a reason, but we reluctantly took the king as there was no other choice. The room was nice, it was handcap accessible but was right next to the elevator, 2 hours of enduring the LOUD motor and we were downstairs looking for something else, they were full but issued us a 1 night refund for the inconvenince we had and were about to incur, which we want to Thank You for as that was very nice. In the morning we were told by pleasant Kim that when we got back to our room we would be somewhere away from the elevator and we were, Thanks Kim,we were put in a really nice 2 double bed suite...100% difference from night 1 and 2...
Issue #2~Breakfast bar-the plates and bowls were dirty and had to fish thru them to get clean ones...it's confusing that they have a placard that states eggs and such but you have to go somewhere to get them ordered, is it free or what? as they have fresh stuff in the display case at the front desk and I'm sure tnat they are not free...there isn't a dividing line between what costs and what is included for breakfast...if someone was in the breakfast area in the alcove for people to ask then you would be more informed.

Room Tip: ask for one way way away from the elevator
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Roofers
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Windward for 5 nights for business in Oct 2011. The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly & helpful (Kristina found me a room on the morning of my first night's stay, well before check in time.)
The room's are nicely decorated and spacious- the bathrooms are not. The WC area of the bathroom is seperate from the sink area and is so small that you have to wedge yourself between the tub and toilet to close the door which is not a nice way to exit the bathroom after a shower. This was not always a Hyatt and you can tell by paying attention to the details of the property. The walls are kind of thin and the elevators are loud- ask for a room far from the elevators, if possible.
The breakfast is so-so; continental with hot items that cost extra.
Overall, the stay was just fine and Hyatt Place hotels are an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Columbus, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Had a hard time deciding which hotel to choose in this area with so many options. Hyatt looked good in pictures, and to a large extent, was a nice room. At check-in, the staff was very friendly and helpful and seemed to know many regular guests who were coming into the hotel. The king room I reserved wasn't available so a double room was assigned, but they took care to put me in an upper room overlooking trees in the back.

The room itself was modern in design with a sectional sleeper sofa in a sitting area separated from the bedroom by a partial wall. The sitting room was large and included a small desk and a small sink / refrigerator area. The large flat screen TV had a great picture - much better than the cheap TVs in many hotels. While Hyatt has a reputation for comfortable beds, I was disappointed. The cushioning on the mattress seemed compressed and dense, not soft. I've had much better nights in Hampton beds that are much lighter and cozier.

The sink area is separate from the bathroom which turned out to be a good thing because the bathroom was the big negative. The sink area had nice granite counters and a modern faucet. But entering the bathroom where the toilet and tub were felt like a different hotel. The bathroom was dark and felt institutional, with plastic panels around the tub, bad caulking, a cheap plastic shower curtain, and hospital beige walls - quite depressing and a sharp contrast to the modernity of the rest of the room.

Overall this isn't a bad place to stay and I'd probably stay here again, but with so many other hotels around here, I'd want to try the other options before returning.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business